SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
p.s.

"

you can still admire and lick ggg's boots for the awesome creative decisions they've done with the rinth even if the points aren't in the end of it.

i doubt you'll comprehend this though. kekekeke.

I'm sorry in advance if I totally blow your brain out of your ears, but, I actually don't like the lab. I find it annoying and I stopped bothering with The Grind For Enchants.

really

and what part did you hate

the rinth

or the fact that enchants are a lottery that get selected from 300+ possible variations

i'd wager the latter

ps

using cute words doesn't make you look smarter online

it's just bothersome for non-native speakers

whose english level isn't advanced enough to pick up all the words you use
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Just say no to flappy birds and Super Mario...

Drugs are bad, kids.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"

really

and what part did you hate

the rinth

or the fact that enchants are a lottery that get selected from 300+ possible variations

i'd wager the latter

ps

using cute words doesn't make you look smarter online

it's just bothersome for non-native speakers

whose english level isn't advanced enough to pick up all the words you use

Yeah... I give up. You say this after calling me out with the below.

"

you don't understand anything.
we just want asc points out of rinth. we don't want rinth itself to change. you can still admire and lick ggg's boots for the awesome creative decisions they've done with the rinth even if the points aren't in the end of it.

i doubt you'll comprehend this though. kekekeke.

Yeah GGG plz cater your game to people whose brains work this way, that'd be totally awesome.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Came back after six months, played to 75 in HC and then tried labyrinth for the first time. Before that i liked all the stuff i saw. After 2 times logging out i killed first izaro form and after that i needed to log out.

This Labyrinth is total GARBAGE. In some (dark) rooms you sometimes dont see traps but you cant move slowly because of traps, so i ran 3 times in situations where i needed to log or lose my char. And then all over AGAIN.

Maybe in Standard it might be better but even there you need to start all over again.

The Labyrinth is NO FUN. I understand that the developers might be upset after putting so much work in it but in HC its garbage.
"
DrOwnage wrote:

The Labyrinth is NO FUN.

Simple yet so true, even some of the people claiming the lab was good etc. nowdays see how boring and tedious lab is, hype is a hell of a drug.

Also quite surprised how after 2 months anti-lab threads still reign in the feedback section, hands down that must be one of the larger and longer (if not the largest and longest) negative feedback ever regarding PoE.

Something i also wanted to say (already did in the initial 2week event announcement) is how bullshit GGG's decision to award Demigods to the highest Ascended only characters

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Prizes:
The top of each Ascendancy class will be awarded an Alt-Art Demigod's Dominance. The Top 25 of each Ascendancy class in each competitive event will be awarded a Demigod's Dominance. If you choose not to pick an Ascendancy class you won't be eligible for winning Demigods but you can still win prizes from reaching various level thresholds. You will not be able to change your Ascendancy class once you've selected it

Another lab related reward as it seems, reaching a total 7 lab only rewards (AC, enchant, leaderboard unique jewel, lab-only uniques, treasure chest, puzzle chests). How much more will they link to labyrinth before they understand how shitty the whole thing is? People dont do lab because its not fun, not because there arent enough rewards. Bullshit and dick move once again.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
DrOwnage wrote:
Came back after six months, played to 75 in HC and then tried labyrinth for the first time. Before that i liked all the stuff i saw. After 2 times logging out i killed first izaro form and after that i needed to log out.

This Labyrinth is total GARBAGE. In some (dark) rooms you sometimes dont see traps but you cant move slowly because of traps, so i ran 3 times in situations where i needed to log or lose my char. And then all over AGAIN.

Maybe in Standard it might be better but even there you need to start all over again.

The Labyrinth is NO FUN. I understand that the developers might be upset after putting so much work in it but in HC its garbage.

Yeah, lab is the worst for HC players. Forcing softcore players to play frogger to get ascendancy points is annoying, but forcing hardcore players to put their lives at risk playing stupid frogger in an online game, where if you lag you die, if the game freezes you die, is totally unacceptable.

I don't mind suffering through stupid content to get ascendancy points, but i just hate being forced to play 1 life frogger. GGG should make some other option to torture HC players for getting ascendancy besides frogger mini game.
"
Regulator wrote:

Another lab related reward as it seems, reaching a total 7 lab only rewards (AC, enchant, leaderboard unique jewel, lab-only uniques, treasure chest, puzzle chests). How much more will they link to labyrinth before they understand how shitty the whole thing is? People dont do lab because its not fun, not because there arent enough rewards. Bullshit and dick move once again.

Pure speculation on my part but there could be some internal "politics" going on here?

For curiosity, I went back 100 pages in the Feedback and Suggestions forum to January. The two current long Labyrinth threads are super long threads. The only other thread longer was a Linux thread where people over the past 3+ years have added a comment and incremented a counter if they wanted PoE on Linux.

I would say that it is very clear that Labyrinth is generally a problem for many in the community.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

Pure speculation on my part but there could be some internal "politics" going on here?

For curiosity, I went back 100 pages in the Feedback and Suggestions forum to January. The two current long Labyrinth threads are super long threads. The only other thread longer was a Linux thread where people over the past 3+ years have added a comment and incremented a counter if they wanted PoE on Linux.

I would say that it is very clear that Labyrinth is generally a problem for many in the community.

Yes because the length of the thread which consist of multiple instances of the same parties circle jerking each other dictates that its "a large issue"

I can assure you I've been following the feedback forums for a while now and this isn't anything compared to other issues, which GGG STILL haven't budged on at all. Like XP penalty loss on death for example (at least they havent changed this in a while, they did way back, but that was before my times posting on forums and following it here)

There have been numerous post regarding trade, many many ones regarding wanting automated trade. You know something the devs specifically said they aren't going to do. Much like removing the ascendancy points from the lab.

You, OP and many others in this thread have spent more time posting here then you ever should\would in the actual lab itself, its actually kinda sad when you think about it.

"

Enchantments can be purchased without ever doing the lab, so can the leaderboard unique jewels, which have no practical use, lab only uniques can be purchased as well.

As for treasure cheat and puzzle chest, they are lab specific, you must do these to gain from them, but these benefits aren't anything you couldn't get anywhere else, basically just strongboxes or what have you.

So the only lab one that you can't buy your way thru or get elsewhere in the game, you want removed from the lab? The reason why they specifically want you to ascend is because they don't want to give out another 14 alt art demigods and 300+ demigod chest.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on May 2, 2016, 10:03:52 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

Yes because the length of the thread which consist of multiple instances of the same parties circle jerking each other dictates that its "a large issue"

I can assure you I've been following the feedback forums for a while now and this isn't anything compared to other issues, which GGG STILL haven't budged on at all. Like XP penalty loss on death for example (at least they havent changed this in a while, they did way back, but that was before my times posting on forums and following it here)

There have been numerous post regarding trade, many many ones regarding wanting automated trade. You know something the devs specifically said they aren't going to do. Much like removing the ascendancy points from the lab.

You, OP and many others in this thread have spent more time posting here then you ever should\would in the actual lab itself, its actually kinda sad when you think about it.

"

Enchantments can be purchased without ever doing the lab, so can the leaderboard unique jewels, which have no practical use, lab only uniques can be purchased as well.

As for treasure cheat and puzzle chest, they are lab specific, you must do these to gain from them, but these benefits aren't anything you couldn't get anywhere else, basically just strongboxes or what have you.

So the only lab one that you can't buy your way thru or get elsewhere in the game, you want removed from the lab? The reason why they specifically want you to ascend is because they don't want to give out another 14 alt art demigods and 300+ demigod chest.

it is senseless to compare trading/ exp loss ect to the frogger mini game. trading and exp loss are old school staples in video games like POE. Adding in a frogger mini game and gating character progression behind the frogger mini game is a whole different beast.

Absolutely terrible comparison.
"
Khoranth wrote:

it is senseless to compare trading/ exp loss ect to the frogger mini game. trading and exp loss are old school staples in video games like POE. Adding in a frogger mini game and gating character progression behind the frogger mini game is a whole different beast.

Absolutely terrible comparison.

Sorry you don't like the lab, but its not a frogger mini game. At least thats not how many people, including myself view it.

Not sure what you people expected months ago when they announced the labyrinth, but it was always clear to me that it was going to be these sorts of traps where you have to position yourself around the traps and what have you.

Its only now after you all apparently have done it that you want to complain about it, it fits the poe lore and while it doesn't directly match the gameplay that was already in the game, not everything that gets added can or its not actually adding anything new, now is it?

In terms of it being a different beast, perhaps it is, but the point still remains that you can't judge this thread compare to the multiple "larger" issues that have been here.

The terrible comparison is saying this issue is a large one when it isn't after 6 months to a year no one will give 2 shits about this topic, unlike the other things people do care about, like trade and apparently the XP penalty in "softcore" leagues.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info