SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
JusJev wrote:
I personally look forward to running the lab once I get to act 3 norm/cruel and merci. My ego will not allow carries and I do it at the required level i.e normal lab lvl 35 maximum. We are all different. This is how I get enjoyment out of the game i.e doing stuff at the required level so there is a challenge.

With that out of the way I can honestly say gaining ascendancies at 40/60/80 or killing malachai in each difficulty is not a bad idea. They would then have to make labyrinth worth my time though, because frankly thats my only reason for going there, seeing as I have no say in what 1/359 enchants I get.

Glad you are finding the lab content fun, unfortunately a bunch of people including me cant find any enjoyment in that and thats why this thread exist. Thank you for sharing.

Yeah the lab as it is (even if it awards AC) seems very bad activity reward/investment wise, especially the enchantment system. There are so many ways to improve that specific aspect (and many others) im sure GGG will deliver for their community in the next big patch. Make the labyrinth rewarding for those who enjoy it, and make the ascendancies available for those who cant stand it.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
"
JusJev wrote:
I personally look forward to running the lab once I get to act 3 norm/cruel and merci. My ego will not allow carries and I do it at the required level i.e normal lab lvl 35 maximum. We are all different. This is how I get enjoyment out of the game i.e doing stuff at the required level so there is a challenge.

With that out of the way I can honestly say gaining ascendancies at 40/60/80 or killing malachai in each difficulty is not a bad idea. They would then have to make labyrinth worth my time though, because frankly thats my only reason for going there, seeing as I have no say in what 1/359 enchants I get.

Glad you are finding the lab content fun, unfortunately a bunch of people including me cant find any enjoyment in that and thats why this thread exist. Thank you for sharing.

Yeah the lab as it is (even if it awards AC) seems very bad activity reward/investment wise, especially the enchantment system. There are so many ways to improve that specific aspect (and many others) im sure GGG will deliver for their community in the next big patch. Make the labyrinth rewarding for those who enjoy it, and make the ascendancies available for those who cant stand it.

Can't stand it, then don't benefit from it by not doing it. It is after all COMPLETELY OPTIONAL.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwi6U7MojDQ

39 minute mark up to 40. When i speak i have proof to support my claims, can you say the same, sweetheart? Yeah thats right.

AC are not optional words by Chris Wilson himself.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwi6U7MojDQ

39 minute mark up to 40. When i speak i have proof to support my claims, can you say the same, sweetheart? Yeah thats right.

AC are not optional words by Chris Wilson himself.

Rofl so you did finally get around to watching the podcast, did you find what he said about the lab?

As far as them not being optional, why aren't they, GGG didn't increase the difficulty of the game. That is like saying that masters aren't optional, they 100% are.

He says in the video like they aren't optional because people want those ascendancy rewards, you can't blame anyone for wanting them, but you can blame people like yourself for suggesting they be removed from the lab.

But yeah good job on cherry picking out the thing that contradicts the optional thing, but not what I asked you to check out.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Instead OP is making this his personal quest to bump this thread constantly.

I haven't seen any bumps by Regulator on this thread?

Since I find it amusing that you seem to get upset when this thread is bumped,

+1

LOL
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
If you had the desency you would see that this part i linked is highlighted in the OP (for quite a while now as well as linked to various other places to shut up some ignorant mouths claiming the exact same thing you claim) which due to lazyness or pure spite and bitterness you refuse to comprehend. I knew beforehand that Chris didnt mentioned shit regarding lab and the link to AC. It was just a casual rebutal technique where you make fool of yourself by claiming reality defying and hollow quotes/arguments. And it worked. Thank you very much for being so predictive.

And to actually think that the reasoning a part of my post was removed before was "your post contained comments that caused harm to another player's reputation.". Dear GGG i dont need to make comments to harm anyone's reputation, those people destroy their own image and reputation themselves. And their are still going strong at it, THATS INCREDIBLE!

"
goetzjam wrote:

Can't stand it, then don't benefit from it by not doing it. It is after all COMPLETELY OPTIONAL.

While it is true that the Ascendancy Points are optional from the point of view that little was nerfed or beefed up to compensate for the stronger characters, that is a myopic point of view. When doing planning for future character development or long range goal planning the Ascendancy Points are part of the mainline character development and are not optional. Regards,
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Its funny because you don't realize that moving the points from the lab and throwing it on anything else is essentially making all that work pointless, just because you are unwilling to play an aspect of the game as designed, an optional one at that.

Not going to happen, I don't know why I have to say it again and again.

Of course it could happen; if the majority of the playerbase hates labyrinth. Just because you are in the minority of players who enjoy labyrinth, does not mean you get to just make some crazy declaration about what happens in the game.

Not sure how you have gained this sense of entitlement
to be the boss of GGG and PoE, very strange attitude here.

Wow... In a thread full of ridiculous nonsense this might be best-in-show.

Let me make sure I got this straight:

You say you hate the lab, and if you complain loud and long enough it not only might be changed but should be changed.

He says he's mostly fine with GGG's creative decisions.

And you say HE IS the one with the sense of entitlement.

That is fucking amazing.

p.s. There's no way most of this is real, right? It's an elaborate troll and many of you are doing parody of people that don't like the lab?
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on Apr 29, 2016, 6:17:38 PM
"
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Its funny because you don't realize that moving the points from the lab and throwing it on anything else is essentially making all that work pointless, just because you are unwilling to play an aspect of the game as designed, an optional one at that.

Of course it could happen; if the majority of the playerbase hates labyrinth. Just because you are in the minority of players who enjoy labyrinth, does not mean you get to just make some crazy declaration about what happens in the game.

Not sure how you have gained this sense of entitlement
to be the boss of GGG and PoE, very strange attitude here.

Wow... In a thread full of ridiculous nonsense this might be best-in-show.

Let me make sure I got this straight:

You say you hate the lab, and if you complain loud and long enough it not only might be changed but should be changed.

He says he's mostly fine with GGG's creative decisions.

And you say HE IS the one with the sense of entitlement.

That is fucking amazing.

p.s. There's no way most of this is real, right? It's an elaborate troll and many of you are doing parody of people that don't like the lab?

He was referring specifically to
"
goetzjam wrote:

That statement does seem over the top to me. It is speaking for GGG rather than just his own opinion. It also seems to show personal issues in that, he expects his opinion to trump everyone else's and shut them all up, as well as frustration that others are not following along.

It doesn't really bother me though because that is very common over the top rhetoric for Goetzjam. Of course if Goetzjam is Chris Wilson posting incognito then I will have to apologize to Chris and remind him that he is posting incognito.
Last edited by Turtledove on Apr 29, 2016, 6:32:05 PM
"
Regulator wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Its not a crazy declaration its clear by statements made by Chris on the podcast that they aren't going to move the ascendancy points outside of the lab

I believe you are referring to podcast number 51 right? if yes please point the time he talks about it or implies it, if its not that podcast video please link the podcast you are referring to and timestamp.

"
goetzjam wrote:
You and OP don't get to speak on behalf of the majority.

Unless OP means something else in your mind that sentence makes no sense. Since in the OP only facts are presented and then i make a suggestion plus offer alternatives. There is not even a hint/clue that i make a generalization thus speaking for the majority as you ignorantly claim.

[Removed by Support]

From the OP:

"
Even though gating is a dick move, its sometimes needed to make something feel more important. What is the problem though here is that GGG decided that the gate is a completely different game inside PoE. A series and combination of 80' arcade games with 90' action-adventure, aka Indiana Jones meet PoE meet Contra. This has the negative effect of alienating many players who feel excluded from this expansion because they do not find that - obviously different - playstyle fun and/or engaging. PoE can have experimental content, thats fine from and for everyone, but gating something so important behind that is a dumb move from the company

You're fucking with us, right?
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info