SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Dear dickhole_mcghee before starting posting "kidding this or kidding that", please re-read and comprehend what the OP actually tries to point. I specifically analyzed further the original paragraphs/points for people like you to get a better sense of what im talking about, yes all those are facts supported by videos, articles, quotes, even Chris wilson himself.

Please find the courage and actually read the whole opening post with all the spoilers links and before trying to shitalk ask if there is something that doesnt seem right or reasonable.

Also if you are trying to get white-knighted i think you are in the right path. Take care.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Turtledove wrote:

He was referring specifically to
"
goetzjam wrote:

Not going to happen, I don't know why I have to say it again and again.

That statement does seem over the top to me. It is speaking for GGG rather than just his own opinion. It also seems to show personal issues in that, he expects his opinion to trump everyone else's and shut them all up, as well as frustration that others are not following along.

It doesn't really bother me though because that is very common over the top rhetoric for Goetzjam. Of course if Goetzjam is Chris Wilson posting incognito then I will have to apologize to Chris and remind him that he is posting incognito.

I can understand this interpretation, but IMO it seems he's only stating his confidence that GGG won't kowtow to the lowest common denominator, based on GGG's actual statements and behavior in the past. So yeah, in a sense he IS speaking for GGG and ALSO himself but semantically it kinda blends together in this context.

Regardless, my flummoxation (<-- that's totally not a real word) was the part about senses of entitlement. I'm not exaggerating about being amazed.

Let me state it again in general terms.

Group A: Accepts GGG's creative decisions and the lab and defends these on principles of artistic integrity et al and/or possibly even (gasp again!) likes the lab and defends it merely on this idea alone. Thinks others should be more accepting and understanding.

Group B: Does not accept this, thinks the lab should be changed and/or removed because reasons. Still wants ascendency points regardless.

And a thinking human looked at that and said, yep, group A is the one with the sense of entitlement.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
Regulator wrote:
Dear dickhole_mcghee before starting posting "kidding this or kidding that", please re-read and comprehend what the OP actually tries to point. I specifically analyzed further the original paragraphs/points for people like you to get a better sense of what im talking about, yes all those are facts supported by videos, articles, quotes, even Chris wilson himself.

Please find the courage and actually read the whole opening post with all the spoilers links and before trying to shitalk ask if there is something that doesnt seem right or reasonable.

Also if you are trying to get white-knighted i think you are in the right path. Take care.

My daddy always done told me, son, he said, son, psychological projection ain't just a river in Egypt.

"
"
Turtledove wrote:

He was referring specifically to
"
goetzjam wrote:

Not going to happen, I don't know why I have to say it again and again.

That statement does seem over the top to me. It is speaking for GGG rather than just his own opinion. It also seems to show personal issues in that, he expects his opinion to trump everyone else's and shut them all up, as well as frustration that others are not following along.

It doesn't really bother me though because that is very common over the top rhetoric for Goetzjam. Of course if Goetzjam is Chris Wilson posting incognito then I will have to apologize to Chris and remind him that he is posting incognito.

I can understand this interpretation, but IMO it seems he's only stating his confidence that GGG won't kowtow to the lowest common denominator, based on GGG's actual statements and behavior in the past. So yeah, in a sense he IS speaking for GGG and ALSO himself but semantically it kinda blends together in this context.

Regardless, my flummoxation (<-- that's totally not a real word) was the part about senses of entitlement. I'm not exaggerating about being amazed.

Let me state it again in general terms.

Group A: Accepts GGG's creative decisions and the lab and defends these on principles of artistic integrity et al and/or possibly even (gasp again!) likes the lab and defends it merely on this idea alone. Thinks others should be more accepting and understanding.

Group B: Does not accept this, thinks the lab should be changed and/or removed because reasons. Still wants ascendency points regardless.

And a thinking human looked at that and said, yep, group A is the one with the sense of entitlement.

Yes, I understood your general point. On the other hand, this is the Feedback and Suggestions forum and GGG created in order to get Feedback and Suggestions.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
i hardly read rinth threads anymore, since rinth lovers are too thick to realize how wrong they are. anyway.

"

you don't understand anything. we just want asc points out of rinth. we don't want rinth itself to change. you can still admire and lick ggg's boots for the awesome creative decisions they've done with the rinth even if the points aren't in the end of it.

i doubt you'll comprehend this though. kekekeke.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
Turtledove wrote:

Yes, I understood your general point. On the other hand, this is the Feedback and Suggestions forum and GGG created in order to get Feedback and Suggestions.

Well I was confident YOU did but I was just further showing my work to the class.

Also, you might've missed this post by me earlier replying to you:

"

I think you're misunderstanding the concept here: feedback about feedback is also feedback. Look at it like an elaborate and dressed-up version of, "All in favor, aye... All opposed, nay."

1st guy says:

"I hate traps sooo much, they are literally worse than ten hitlers!"

2nd guy responds:

"Uh, yeah, that's clearly the rantings of a deranged person."

It's like, unless you think this thread should play as a statement of demands and not actual feedback and suggestions (gasp!), there's your point-counterpoint right there.

"
i hardly read rinth threads anymore, since rinth lovers are too thick to realize how wrong they are. anyway.

"

you don't understand anything. we just want asc points out of rinth. we don't want rinth itself to change. you can still admire and lick ggg's boots for the awesome creative decisions they've done with the rinth even if the points aren't in the end of it.

Yeah ok sure, but... The ascendency points came with the lab, in the same bag. That is how they came into existence. Putting them in separate bags still qualifies as "changed and/or removed," which is what I said, so I don't think I incorrectly articulated your position. It's semantically pedantic to say otherwise.

p.s.

"

you can still admire and lick ggg's boots for the awesome creative decisions they've done with the rinth even if the points aren't in the end of it.

I'm sorry in advance if I totally blow your brain out of your ears, but, I actually don't like the lab. I find it annoying and I stopped bothering with The Grind For Enchants.

That's what's so amazing about all this, that people like you see me post something like "I respect and accept GGG's creative integrity" and assume that means I like the lab.

Like, holy shit, sure, it's fucking easy to respect and accept something if you also happen to like it, but that kinda goes against one of the fundamental points of respect and acceptance...

...I was gonna tack on an insult to the end of that but hopefully it's not necessary.

"
"
Turtledove wrote:

Well I was confident YOU did but I was just further showing my work to the class.

Also, you might've missed this post by me earlier replying to you:

"

I think you're misunderstanding the concept here: feedback about feedback is also feedback. Look at it like an elaborate and dressed-up version of, "All in favor, aye... All opposed, nay."

1st guy says:

"I hate traps sooo much, they are literally worse than ten hitlers!"

2nd guy responds:

"Uh, yeah, that's clearly the rantings of a deranged person."

It's like, unless you think this thread should play as a statement of demands and not actual feedback and suggestions (gasp!), there's your point-counterpoint right there.

I saw but decided that I wouldn't respond to it. I assumed this was regards to a reference to Geotzjam. I decided not to respond because his posts have seemed a bit more constructive lately and I didn't want to take the chance that I might derail the apparent change.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Entirely agreed with OP.
Not just the lab feels like another game inside Poe, but traps are stupid content. Not any single RPG-MMO game out there has this same kind of bullshit (2 seconds being hit a trap = it's all over despite all your damage mitigation). Traps would be fine if their damage were just like any other mob or as a sort of DoT you could mitigate through armor or high hp pool.

TRAPS ARE RIDICULOUS AND NEED TO BE FIXED. NOT ANY OTHER GAME HAS THIS BULLSHIT MECHANIC BESIDES 80's ARCADE GAMES OR PLATFORM 2D GAMES.

On a side note, I started this thread regarding traps:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1653057/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info