SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
@Prisus

The solution in a game of this type shouldn't always have to be to not play the game.

That's the biggest issue with PoE in general. Players have gotten used to accepting that they can just buy all the gear, flip some XYZ, visit JSP, bro-deal, buy boss-kills and safe passage through the Lab and BOOM, they're at level 90 wondering why they can't find upgrades in level 75 zones.

Doesn't anyone actually want to play it themselves anymore? :D

I'm not disagreeing with you. I will say, however, that POE has always been like this and most likely always will. There is always something in the game somebody hates and pays their way through it. Boss fights, League Challenges, crafting, etc. The game always has been like this and most likely always will. The underlying fact is that this game has been about first and foremost an economy simulator w/ ARPG elements.

I'm sure there is someone at GGG that said during design phase: "Man some folks are going to hate this lol" with a response being "Well we'll make it so that you don't actually have to be in the room with Izaro to get credit for the kill. It may stimulate some service trade for those that do enjoy the lab".

The lab being designed the way it is (annoying, painful for some builds, etc) seems like it was 100% intentional. GGG might even be okay with the rage "emotion" that fills a lot of player playing it since GGG is always about "Feelings" and things that players get.

I wish the Lab was more accessible because of ascendancy points. I really do. I have also, however, come to the conclusion that it is probably going to stay the same way for a LONG TIME before anything is changed. AT LEAST until the next major expansion and new act. It's just how GGG seems to work.
"
goetzjam wrote:

What builds, you make a statement like this but aren't specific at all. Support your claim with more then just a statement.

Only vaal only builds or builds that have super shitty single target cannot do the lab, every single other build should be able to do the lab.

I could give 2 fucks to justify anything to you.
"
"
goetzjam wrote:

What builds, you make a statement like this but aren't specific at all. Support your claim with more then just a statement.

Only vaal only builds or builds that have super shitty single target cannot do the lab, every single other build should be able to do the lab.

I could give 2 fucks to justify anything to you.

Then explain it so the GGG devs can see what you are complaining about.

Lol "it limits diversity", when asked how, "im not telling you"
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Jul 14, 2016, 5:32:19 PM
"
"
@Prisus

The solution in a game of this type shouldn't always have to be to not play the game.

That's the biggest issue with PoE in general. Players have gotten used to accepting that they can just buy all the gear, flip some XYZ, visit JSP, bro-deal, buy boss-kills and safe passage through the Lab and BOOM, they're at level 90 wondering why they can't find upgrades in level 75 zones.

Doesn't anyone actually want to play it themselves anymore? :D

I'm not disagreeing with you. I will say, however, that POE has always been like this and most likely always will. There is always something in the game somebody hates and pays their way through it. Boss fights, League Challenges, crafting, etc. The game always has been like this and most likely always will. The underlying fact is that this game has been about first and foremost an economy simulator w/ ARPG elements.

I'm sure there is someone at GGG that said during design phase: "Man some folks are going to hate this lol" with a response being "Well we'll make it so that you don't actually have to be in the room with Izaro to get credit for the kill. It may stimulate some service trade for those that do enjoy the lab".

The lab being designed the way it is (annoying, painful for some builds, etc) seems like it was 100% intentional. GGG might even be okay with the rage "emotion" that fills a lot of player playing it since GGG is always about "Feelings" and things that players get.

I wish the Lab was more accessible because of ascendancy points. I really do. I have also, however, come to the conclusion that it is probably going to stay the same way for a LONG TIME before anything is changed. AT LEAST until the next major expansion and new act. It's just how GGG seems to work.

Fair enough.

I'd really like to see a manuscript by GGG with their current thoughts of and plans going forward with regards to the lab and PoE. I'm sure many others would like to know where we stand.

Should we the minority stay, or should we go?

Cheers.
"
goetzjam wrote:

There's been too many posts to count. Look past your nose.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Pretty sure GGG stopped reading this thread after page 3.

I don't feel like discussing anything with you, as I consider you a completely self-aggrandizing and patronizing individual who is so shrouded with bias, that an empathetic understanding of a conversation is not even possible for you.

You have interesting perspectives sometimes so I never ignore you...but I also don't really care to discuss things with you either. :)

Build diversity is severely limited to the average player. Read: AVERAGE player. You could never "bring yourself down to that level" simply because you are not capable as person to put yourself in the shoes of others to understand their viewpoint.

So I will say again, I give 2 fucks to justify anything to you.
"
"
goetzjam wrote:

Pretty sure GGG stopped reading this thread after page 3.

You have interesting perspectives sometimes so I never ignore you...but I also don't really care to discuss things with you either. :)

Build diversity is severely limited to the average player. Read: AVERAGE player. You could never "bring yourself down to that level" simply because you are not capable as person to put yourself in the shoes of others to understand their viewpoint.

So I will say again, I give 2 fucks to justify anything to you.

So you are saying that GGG needs to be designing content for the "casual" player that can't devote a couple of hours a night or a good amount of time over the weekend to play?

I don't think GGG stopped reading this, but I think its very difficult to know what's really been said because the thread has somewhat changed over time from its original post.

"

I'm SPECIFICALLY looking for how it limits diversity, this conversation has nothing to do with you. At least Prisus post on his main account...
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"

Cheers.

Well look at it this way. If you go and are truly the minority, nobody will notice.
However if you go and you aren't the minority, then we'll potentially see some major changes to Ascendancy points.

It's a decision you have to make on your own. How much do I hate the lab? Enough to leave? If so then that is the question every player that hates the lab should ask themselves.

At the end of the day, I don't think that GGG would want a player base of 100,000 going down to 20,000. They seem to be okay with the 100,000 going to 80,000 though. So if players like you are the minority or majority, all of us will know soon enough.
"
"

Cheers.

Well look at it this way. If you go and are truly the minority, nobody will notice.
However if you go and you aren't the minority, then we'll potentially see some major changes to Ascendancy points.

It's a decision you have to make on your own. How much do I hate the lab? Enough to leave? If so then that is the question every player that hates the lab should ask themselves.

At the end of the day, I don't think that GGG would want a player base of 100,000 going down to 20,000. They seem to be okay with the 100,000 going to 80,000 though. So if players like you are the minority or majority, all of us will know soon enough.

That's why we need that Labyrinth and PoE future plans manifesto! :)
"
goetzjam wrote:

"

I'm SPECIFICALLY looking for how it limits diversity, this conversation has nothing to do with you. At least Prisus post on his main account...

Do a forum search. Stop being so lazy and L2Forum. Or I can walk you through it for 2 Ex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info