SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Why haven't they removed the lab yet?
"
Siochan wrote:
Why haven't they removed the lab yet?

Quality post.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Quality post.
^

"
goetzjam wrote:

"
And I dont think we have to discuss that lab may be challenging, but not in a way that many players like. No one said it can't be challanging to get AC points, but people just hate the lab mechanics itself (traps, you need to spent 45 minutes, can't tp in/out, desync/disconnect even more deadly and annoying in lab).

You don't need to spend 45 min to do the lab, if you do that you are either an uninformed and\or inexperience player that is unwilling to put forth actual effort into completing it. Its fine to hate traps, if you aren't willing to figure out how to complete the challenge without death, then obviously you shouldn't be rewarded with additional power, its called ascendancy for a reason, not just give you the fucking power for free because you are too bad of a player to complete a challenge.

Prior to release, Chris Wilson said that they expected a run through the Labyrinth to take maybe 45 minutes to an hour. So, what's that mean regarding your assertion about being uninformed and/or inexperienced? If fucking power is to valuable to give away for free then what about fucked up power? Maybe god damn fucking power should take maybe 2 or three hours to earn? I'm also wondering which is better, fucking power, damn power, shitting power or powerful power? Personally I'm rather fond of shitting power, which requires a good fiber diet to earn. The main challenge of Labyrinth is keeping the vomit from spewing over the keyboard.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

"
And I dont think we have to discuss that lab may be challenging, but not in a way that many players like. No one said it can't be challanging to get AC points, but people just hate the lab mechanics itself (traps, you need to spent 45 minutes, can't tp in/out, desync/disconnect even more deadly and annoying in lab).

You don't need to spend 45 min to do the lab, if you do that you are either an uninformed and\or inexperience player that is unwilling to put forth actual effort into completing it. Its fine to hate traps, if you aren't willing to figure out how to complete the challenge without death, then obviously you shouldn't be rewarded with additional power, its called ascendancy for a reason, not just give you the fucking power for free because you are too bad of a player to complete a challenge.

Prior to release, Chris Wilson said that they expected a run through the Labyrinth to take maybe 45 minutes to an hour. So, what's that mean regarding your assertion about being uninformed and/or inexperienced? If fucking power is to valuable to give away for free then what about fucked up power? Maybe god damn fucking power should take maybe 2 or three hours to earn? I'm also wondering which is better, fucking power, damn power, shitting power or powerful power? Personally I'm rather fond of shitting power, which requires a good fiber diet to earn. The main challenge of Labyrinth is keeping the vomit from spewing over the keyboard.

You have to consider the fact that the statement made by him may be in regards to the initial runs, not after the community has came together and setup a dedicated website with layout and information and after the mechanics of the fight have been showcased and shared.

If you want to interpret his statement as an all encompassing over the course of time, find me some indication that his statement made wasn't merely in regards to just the "initial times"

You players keep talking about vomit, you may want to see a doctor about that as you may have a serious sickness. I'm honestly concerned for the couple of you guys that keep getting sick, hope wherever you are healthcare is cheap\free.

Again these back and forth things have basically nothing to do with the OP's thread, just in general the "i hate the lab" level post that are uninformed and try and twist anything that could remotely be seen as "but chris said this"

It has been proven you can do the lab in far less time then the statement Chris made. Perhaps he was thinking as a dev and thinking people would go exploring and such and some do, but you don't have to and in most cases it isn't rewarding to just wonder thru the whole lab.

FeelsBadMan

Good thing we have good old Geotzjam around to tell us what Chris has on his mind when he speaks. Otherwise, how would we or Chris ever know?

Thanks!
"
Good thing we have good old Geotzjam around to tell us what Chris has on his mind when he speaks. Otherwise, how would we or Chris ever know?

Thanks!

Lets take a statement that was made by Chris from before the lab was ever played by the actual players of the game and apply it as a statement that the expectation should remain exactly the same, despite every single time players proving they can excel further then expected.

Good thing we have you around to add comments that don't add anything and post on a smurf.

FeelsBadMan

Just to put the post back on topic. Lab Sux. Remove ascend from it. Discuss
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
Some people are not able (e.g., weakness in ability to empathize) or not willing (e.g., Internet troll) to put themselves in the shoes of their fellow man. They cannot objectively evaluate statements made by others. They tend to have an extremely subjective view of the world. Trying to discuss anything with such person when they have a different perception is really pointless.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Haha goat always has an excuse for everything. He will go blue in the face rather than acknowledge other side's arguments (Oh I remember very well goat's pro current trade system arguments. Doing the very same thing here. Fuck you people I know better and only I know the best). Don't like the platform jumping and trap evading, yo mate you are just bad at this game. No it is not that it present no joy for you whatsoever, you are just bad at it, learn to play. No it is not that it bores you to death going to and fro zones in lab, you are just bad at it, learn to play. No it is not that it is tedious and vomit inducing forced content, you are just bad at it, learn to fucking play. People playing some casual builds happily strolling through wraeclast that can't beat the lab that is in their way, yeah fuck them. They don't deserve to play path if they don't spend hours after hours trying to learn bloody lab. Cause that what they want, spend more time in this shithole so they can spend less time in it. And forget about hack and slash aspect while you are in lab. No one gives a fuck about them monsters in there or what they can drop. Get to final chests as fast as you can, profit!

Also even if you don't believe in strawpolls etc let me tell you, there are only several people in my guild that actually run the lab. Every-fuckign-one else does not give a single fuck about it. But hey it is just my guild probably.

GGG lost my long time support partially due to lab and I am not the only one. If this is their business plan then I wish them all the best.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info