SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

lol. Tough to argue with any of that :)
There are a lot of things that people hate in this game that they pay for. Especially league challenges, etc.

Normal Lab - 2c
Cruel Lab - 3c
Merci Lab - 5c
Uber Lab - (sometimes free) otherwise 10c max.

20 chaos could end your stress in regards to lab.

I leveled 5 characters this league. The first 3 I did builds which were okay with lab. The last two I had were quirky builds that didn't have enough Single Target to bring izaro down...so I just paid to get through it. Does it suck? yeah...but at the end of the day this game can completely be trivialized just by farming dried lakes. Get chaos for recipe...keep trading up...and pay for everything you hate.

The biggest problem with the lab I have is that it isn't friendly to alot of quirky builds...so it does kill some build diversity. I mainly solo play so I have a line of questions I have to ask before I start even theorycrafting my league "fun" builds...the main drawback question was "Can this character do lab?". So all of my early characters are always those that I know can trivalize lab. ONce I have currency, I can pay someone to carry my quirky/creative characters so I don't have to even worry about it.

I don't hate lab, but I don't love it either. It's kinda just there. I do hate, however, that builds must be designed a specific way in order to complete it. Not speed farm it...just complete it. That is a bit of a design flaw imo. Then again, what could they do to make it more accessible? Nerf Izaro so he's not even fun? That's not the answer either.

I dunno. I think this is just one of those things in POE you either love or hate. Crafting is the same way in this game...you either love it or hate it.
Last edited by Prizy on Jul 14, 2016, 5:04:58 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Good thing we have good old Geotzjam around to tell us what Chris has on his mind when he speaks. Otherwise, how would we or Chris ever know?

Thanks!

Lets take a statement that was made by Chris from before the lab was ever played by the actual players of the game and apply it as a statement that the expectation should remain exactly the same, despite every single time players proving they can excel further then expected.

Good thing we have you around to add comments that don't add anything and post on a smurf.

Lol:

"
goetzjam wrote:
If you want to interpret his statement as an all encompassing over the course of time, find me some indication that his statement made wasn't merely in regards to just the "initial times"

Really funny. Guess you have exclusive rights on "how to interprete chris comments right". You take chris statements all the time to strengthen your arguments and as soon as someone else takes chris statement, you accuse this player to probably interprete chris statement in a false way and demand proof for his interpretation... If chris has not explicitly said that he meant initial runs, he meant that a normal runs takes 45 minutes, not more and not less. Otherwise it's your responsibility to prove that he meant initial runs cause you are interpreting words in there that chris never said.

And all this doesn't change the fact that players hate the lab, because they dont like the gameplay, the whole lab mechanics and they find it boring. Why the hell do people like you try to convince us that we must "learn" the lab? If certain content is no fun, then it's no fun, even IF we learn how to run it in 15 minutes. And trying to force new content with entirely new gameplay on players is just a bad decission. If it would be optional, no one would complain, but since AC points are behind it, it's not optional and therefore it forces players to learn the lab (takes hours for some) and then make the runs (and even then it may take 30+ minutes for some for every lab) and they have to do it over and over again with every character and hope they dont have desync or disconnect while running lab.
Last edited by AceNightfire on Jul 14, 2016, 5:14:26 PM
@Prisus

The solution in a game of this type shouldn't always have to be to not play the game.

That's the biggest issue with PoE in general. Players have gotten used to accepting that they can just buy all the gear, flip some XYZ, visit JSP, bro-deal, buy boss-kills and safe passage through the Lab and BOOM, they're at level 90 wondering why they can't find upgrades in level 75 zones.

Doesn't anyone actually want to play it themselves anymore? :D
Some people just constantly bump a topic that has fell into page 2 or even 3 in the last 2 weeks a number of times, but they couldn't let it die, they had to bump the thread and repeat the same arguments already stated multiple times before.

"
The biggest problem with the lab I have is that it isn't friendly to alot of quirky builds...so it does kill some build diversity

What builds, you make a statement like this but aren't specific at all. Support your claim with more then just a statement.

Only vaal only builds or builds that have super shitty single target cannot do the lab, every single other build should be able to do the lab. However, even vaal only skill builds have a non vaal skill they use to build up the souls and builds that lack single target at all likely can't do regular game content that well.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
stop bumping it then
"
goetzjam wrote:
Some people just constantly bump a topic that has fell into page 2 or even 3 in the last 2 weeks a number of times, but they couldn't let it die, they had to bump the thread and repeat the same arguments already stated multiple times before.

1: You are bumping it also with your non-stop comments here.

2. There are also new people popping up all the time and most are against the lab. Just shows that this topic is not finished yet.

"
goetzjam wrote:
What builds, you make a statement like this but aren't specific at all. Support your claim with more then just a statement.

General, all squishy builds have problems getting hit by traps. Dart arrows are a huge problem unless you dont have block or high life reg. Slow+Poison+50% health damage is quite possible. Without life reg, a saw blade can kill you within 1 second if you are in the center. without mobility, you can't avoid traps and have to walk through them. So it kinda forces you to take linked mobility spells with you
"
AceNightfire wrote:

Really funny. Guess you have exclusive rights on "how to interprete chris comments right". You take chris statements all the time to strengthen your arguments and as soon as someone else takes chris statement, you accuse this player to probably interprete chris statement in a false way and demand proof for his interpretation... If chris has not explicitly said that he meant initial runs, he meant that a normal runs takes 45 minutes, not more and not less.

And all this doesn't change the fact that players hate the lab, because they dont like the gameplay, the whole lab mechanics and they find it boring. Why the hell do people like goetz try to convince us that we must "learn" the lab? If certain content is no fun, then it's no fun. And trying to force new content with entirely new gameplay on players is just a bad decission. If it would be optional, no one would complain, but since AC points are behind it, it's not optional and therefore it forces players to learn the lab (takes hours for some) and then make the runs (and even then it may take 30+ minutes for some for every lab) and they have to do it over and over again with every character and hope they dont have desync or disconnect while running lab.

What is really funny is you are using a statement that Chris made instead of the evidence you can see by looking at the ladder in the leagues. But by all means use a statement instead of data. By all means cling to the statement instead of watching video proof of how to complete the lab. By all means pretend like your view of what he said means anything anyway.

You are not allowed to say "if chris didn't explicitly say shit" that isn't up to you or me to decide. I believe based on his statement that he made that without knowing that people would create all the resources they did to speed up the time it takes. I think that statement was made more for the start of the league without good gear or properly rolled flask. I KNOW that, that statement was made before a large playerbase started playing the lab. We saw streamers, not even a couple of days into the new content running sub 10 min runs. But keep to your delusion that it should take 45 min to do a fucking lab run. Maybe if you are truly sick like the players in this thread are claiming to be it will take that long.

I don't give 2 shits if you, OP or your mother hate the lab. It has been proven in this thread that people have complained without any real attempt at the content, people have resorted to posting on alt accounts, because somehow posting on the main account is too hard, it has been proven in other threads that players don't like various aspects of the lab because they don't have the knowledge to complete the challenge.

So get off your high horse for one second and realize not everyone that complains about the lab really has given the content a fair chance at all. Freaking Turtle didn't even do the merc lab on his character until I called him out on it. Like really?

Again connection issues at this stage, as long as it isn't related to the gateway server is your problem, GGG cannot design the game to meet a shitty ISP, you made this argument before like its only a risk of death in the lab, when similar mechanics can kill you if you experience them outside the lab (bearers\volitile\ect)

Ultimately if you find the challenge unfun, but want the rewards, you are going to do the fucking lab, even if you bitch about it the whole time. Proving Chris's point correct that even though you may dislike the content and cry about it constantly it is still rewarding to do so.

FeelsBadMan

"
AceNightfire wrote:

Spoiler
"
goetzjam wrote:

General, all squishy builds have problems getting hit by traps. Dart arrows are a huge problem unless you dont have block or high life reg. Slow+Poison+50% health damage is quite possible. Without life reg, a saw blade can kill you within 1 second if you are in the center. without mobility, you can't avoid traps and have to walk through them. So it kinda forces you to take linked mobility spells with you

The traps do % of life as damage, so having 1k hp or 5k hp will do the same amount of proportional damage (aka the same amount of time spent in a trap will kill you)

Dart arrows are pretty rare and shot in specific patterns, can avoid quite a lot by hugging walls or watching for the pattern. Posion can be purged with proper flask.

You can do the lab with a blink arrow and a quill rain if you need mobility, hell i know on one of my characters i forgot to even put a quiver on. Granted you will still need a regular setup to do the boss, assuming you arent getting rushed.

Every single trap setup I've seen can be avoided without blink arrow\movement skill as well you just have to wait for the pattern (btw)

So the statement that it somehow limits diversity because you don't plan your build for the challenge at hand is funny as shit to me. Do you really do all of the content in the game without adjusting your build, even temporarily for the challenge at hand?

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Jul 14, 2016, 5:27:39 PM
All of that nonsense helped to prove Gathor's post as accurate to the letter. Well done Geotzjam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info