Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
maybe you should just adapt..

I play computer games for 25 years now, never played any arcade or platform game. And I don't need to adapt, there is a lot of true aRPG out there.

so just pretend it is a chain of maps and be cool with it?

No.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
I LIKE the labryinth as optional endgame content.

I do NOT like it as a barrier to sub classes which are now more or less required if you are trying to compete with the best players (whom seem to not sleep at all).

Make it optional endgame content.

OR, allow us to run it once after A3 Normal "unlocking" the subclass...maybe award ascendancy points for each act on the various difficulties that we complete.

With that said Im not totally against the current implementation. But I wouldn't mind some user friendly improvements.
"
sidtherat wrote:

but it might be so that the mandatory Lab is the way to curb the power creep. to somehow force people more to think about what and how they are doing. some players out there - with 'acquired' gear and copied builds are getting carried so hard by their gear and FOTM mechanics that they are doing content they simply do not deserve to be able to clear. Lab culls them, pretty effectively.

I hear you, but it's not going to work. People are far more likely to just stop playing. I've seen many do just that, already.

I'm on the fence myself. What keeps me active is the Perandus league which quite frankly is the most fun I've had since Ambush. :) I'm gonna grind that stuff happily and hopefully the Lab is tuned better later on. And that they manage to remove the bugs, which seem aplenty. I don't think my client has crashed this much ever, and I've been here for almost four years.
Sup Ceri. Haven't seen you in a long time.
^ Pretty much. It\s bad enough we have to complete the content three times already, and now we have to stack the Labs on top of that. The difficulty systems are already outdated and shouldn't exist in arpg's. Scaling needs to be done sooner than later, which I know is GGG's plan down the road when there are 5+ acts, but c'mon.. I already had a few friends not want to even play due to this...

IMO... this idea seems good on paper, but not so much in game. My .2 cents.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

... there is nothing to be 'sorted out'. you are imagining things - the puzzles (big word) are all optional. the platform game.. jeez.. i've posted a lab run in the Feedback forum, 10 minutes of it. call it a puzzle game or platform or whatever but you are SO FAR OFF that it is not even funny..

The only funny thing is that you do not realize that almost everyone hates the new content and yes these kind of things belong to other games but not to a h&s arpg. Go take a look at all the forum posts again, maby you are able to see that there are two kinds of people atm - you and maybe a hand full of other players that likes the new content and everyone else that hates the new content.

what i see is that people conditioned to wannabie-hard content cannot cope with first hardcore part of POE in ages. i undestand frustration with server DC's - this is really bad, i understand the fruistration with 'new content is hidden somewhere and i have to look for it' - im guilty of the same feeling.

but what i presume is reason some are really pissed if is the 'no chicken out' policy. no longer people can be logout-warriors. no longer TP is the most powerful spell in the game saving from harm and shame. this gets people that were carried by their portal scrolls and makro skills. because now it is more than visible how little skill they have, how bad their glass-cannon builds are. noone likes that feeling. so first reaction is 'screw this, im going home'

after speed farming Lab for last two days i CANNOT understand these stories about puzzles and levers. sorry, this is a smoke screen. mob density there is decent, layouts are simple, proceeding to Izaro DOES NOT NEED any puzzles. it is always a clean path. so what is the real reason people overreacting like that?

For plenty of us, we simply find the Labyrinth not fun. It's not a difficulty or time invested thing either, it's just not what we want to play when we play an aRPG.

I wouldn't call it hardcore content either, I ran through it as fast as I could like a chicken with its head cut off. Didn't even care about traps, I use three quicksilvers and lightning warp.

It really doesn't add anything good to the game, other than the potential rewards. It's tedious and uninteresting, boring, and it just doesn't fit well into PoE IMO.
"
Ceri wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
..so what is the real reason people overreacting like that?

Oh, probably that they've gated an entire expansion behind it.

If the Ascendancy classes and skill points were obtainable in a "normal" PoE manner, and the Labyrinth provided enchants and other fluff - we would surely have a win-win situation. Then, it would truly be optional content - like Atziri, for example. I really like Atziri, it's a well-made zone and some good mechanical fights. Others disagree and can't bear the grinding of fragments and don't care for the rewards or glory.. Which is perfecty fine.

I would put the 2 skill points as a quest reward after killing Malachai, and leave the Labyrinth for enchanting and for those who enjoy that type of content. That, and fixing some bugs, is literally all that is wrong with Ascendancy, as I see it.

They didn't gate an entire expansion behind it, the labyrinth IS the expansion. Its not like the labyrinth unlocks act 5 or something. The expansion is the labyrinth, and ascendancy points and enchants are the reward for doing it.
Just posting here to express some genuine annoyance.

So I tried Labyrinth when I was lvl 33, almost beat it, but noobed out. No big deal, I'll just lvl up and tackle it later.

Well I'm in the middle of doing it lvl 50 right now? And sure, it's fine difficulty-wise. But I'm 20 lvls over these stupid f****ng mobs that drop iLvl -2,000 gear, and when I get a stupid f****ing key? It's f****ing pointless, because the drops are iLvl -2,000.

#unrewarding.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
Vaalamity wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Vaalamity wrote:

1) It's not quick. I spent about an hour of hating every second of my freetime doing it and didn't complete it (I have 3200 hp and kept lagging, and I also hate the traps, switches, and everything about it)

You went into optional content with 3.2k hp, probably no defenses, and got demolished?

Shocking.

1) It isn't optional. It's as optional as completing act 3 is. Sure, we can ignore any content we want, but that's not how it works.

Defenses don't matter on traps. I can't block them, I can't evade them, I can't leech from them.

And regardless of all this, here's the thing; the Lab sucks. That's my opinion, and my opinion is the only one that matters to how I spend my free time. If I'm not having fun playing a video game something went very wrong.

I have 1.4 million DPS btw, and can easily do 78 maps, so the fact I died in the Lab shows how out of place it is in the game. Sorry that I don't feel like buying a Kaom's to do some garbage content that I don't wanna play.

Second bolded part IS your mentality in this game (and the first one is IRL). Narcissistic...
But Labyrinth is a "heavy punishment" for people with such mentality and it's great (and, possibly, was meant by the DEVs).

It is an unexpected need for people with such attitude to use your brain in areas like Labyrinth.
I'm not even surprised to see THAT MUCH of whining players who used to OUT-DPS ANY MAP and now they need to THINK, develop &use a strategy, plan thing. OMG. Sure. Heavy task.

"
Vaalamity wrote:
No, it's you who is factually wrong. He said he didn't enjoy the Lab and the new content is held ransom behind it; he's right, because that's how he feels. No matter how fun you think it is, or how appropriate the "skill check is", the point is a lot of us DON'T WANT TO DO IT. Therefore, we are correct in how we feel because it's how we feel. Because you think we should enjoy it doesn't make it enjoyable or a good design.

Atziri isn't even close to this; I have been playing since Beta and never done Atziri... why? Cuz I don't give a shit. They didn't include a new passive tree behind Atziri.

Read my sig. Try to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Hope you still can.

P.S. shoutout to GGG (assuming my post will "heavily offend" some people and it will be reported very soon ^_^)
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT NERFING LABYRINTH!
Stop catering to whining no-brainers who used to kill 2 screens with 1 cast\attack.
What does it say about the Labyrinth in game dialogue?
" It is for the worthy ones "
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Some individuals must understand that people are annoyined purely by that playstyle. It has nothing to do with hard content. I personally found it very easy but un-exciting when doing it in alpha. Izaro was overtuned but that was fixed.

Now im playing HC and i dont find any reason at all to do it, dc, bugs, random fps drops which all can easily be ways to RIP or lose a good portion of my playing hours cause i have to restart. And i ask myself is it worth to do it? probably yes (purely for AC points). Is it fun to do it? HELL NO. Ive spend 80points in the tree purely for defensive purposes, which ALL are negated by a single 33lvl trap that can prove fatal even with the smallest miscalculation/ latency spike / fps drop.

There have been a lot of good suggestions regarding the matter. And most have to do with un-gating the AC points, cause people just have to admit, if AC was not gated behind lab no thread would have popped up, labyrinth would be useful for enhanchments (that are pretty rewarding in a similar fashion to atziri's drops, though less OP), and people like the ones who are proudly defending labyrinth's mechanics and playstyle would still enjoy their "fun" content. Lets see how many actually will still be doing lab after GGG ungates AC because its exciting and fun. Yeah right
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info