Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

"
Fruz wrote:
"
ewolow wrote:

If you read the Q&A, Chris very clearly explained that the ascension points behind the lab unintentionally created a gate to building your character. That ascension points are no longer considered "optional"

which is completely besides the point here.

PS: thinking that "we will continue to discuss this and other related topic" <=> "it needs fixing" is at best delusional, naive, and probably just an attempy convince oneself.
And if you don't know what it means when a public "anouncement" end with that ....

Why dont you post your own interpretation of (or thoughts on) these GGG statements?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Fully agree, doesn't fit the theme of the game. Especially egregious in HC (now comes bashing because I am complaining about something in HC) - it is just too easy to die there while **** platforming. Just make it optional and let us get ascension in a different way. People who want to platform will be able to, while others won't need to.
"
ewolow wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
Nope they admit it need more fixing good spin try though.

one more proof that you have no clue of what you are talking about lol !

Anyway you can't back up any of it so it does not matter.

If you read the Q&A, Chris very clearly explained that the ascension points behind the lab unintentionally created a gate to building your character. That ascension points are no longer considered "optional" but rather, in the devs words:

"
..we do understand that Ascendancy classes have been so successful that they are no longer considered rewards but instead intrinsic parts of your character ) I am sure we will continue to discuss this and related topics.

So Zalhan2 is right, they did, in fact, admit that it needs more fixing and discussion.

He knows that, he is trolling us.
Just wish the traps didnt kill you instantly if you lag (im looking at you double saw trap). I play ES/HP split chars mostly and these make it a horrible play experience. Dieing at lvl 55 to a trap in HC gets pretty annoying. Also, if you arent high DPS and Izaro gets buffed by the elemental golems, its GG and you may as well start again. I don't understand this. Not only is his damage high, but you're distracted by the tasks during the fight. Well guys hate to burst your development bubble, but fighting him isn't actually fun, its a chore. No one runs around looking for keys and chests until late game because it just isnt worth the hassle. Yes, hassle.
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Why dont you post your own interpretation of (or thoughts on) these GGG statements?

You mean, explain something as obvious as why answer to a bitching minority something like "but we will keep discussing about it ..." ?
I really hope for you that you understand what it means ....

"
Zalhan2 wrote:
He knows that, he is trolling us.

It's funny how you ignored the parts where your credibility turns into ashes, and the others where it points how you are obviously wrong.

Enjoy the labyrinth, in PoE and for a long time.

"
Rusery wrote:
I don't understand this. Not only is his damage high, but you're distracted by the tasks during the fight

It's called micro management ( and its a little bit of it ).

You need to handle the disabling of whats in the arena + dodge him at the same time ( hello Decoy totem for example ).
The elemental golems are ridiculous for melees though, that's really not great imho.

It's sad how people that need to go a little bit away from "I explode everything thing mashing one button with almost no thinking" find it a chore ..... sad.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

You mean, explain something as obvious as why answer to a bitching minority something like "but we will keep discussing about it ..." ?

Thats one of those quotes. I was asking about your thoughts/interpretation. If you dont want to share them just say so. You dont have to add an insult:

"
Fruz wrote:
I really hope for you that you understand what it means ....

Fair enough, it seems to me that you know already what I am going to say then :

They do not want to say anything because there is no need for it, it would not bring them anything.
They do not need to potentially see some players go, and for the others, nothing is changing anyway, not anytime soon.
The topic might come regularly in their office, that might be true, I don't think that they're spending much time at all on the moment though.

Discussing something does not mean that there is a problem with it at all.
And they did take some measures related to the ES problem in the lab, if that was what it was referring to ( as some implied a bit before ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
Fair enough, it seems to me that you know already what I am going to say then :

Although I do "know" your general attitude vs the topic I didnt know your answer nor did I have a particular expectation.

"
Fruz wrote:
nothing is changing anyway, not anytime soon.

Slightly off topic (vs your response) but you may have missed this "Changes to the Labyrinth":
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899252
"
Neikius wrote:
Fully agree, doesn't fit the theme of the game. Especially egregious in HC (now comes bashing because I am complaining about something in HC) - it is just too easy to die there while **** platforming. Just make it optional and let us get ascension in a different way. People who want to platform will be able to, while others won't need to.

Neikius, thank you for voicing your opinion on the disliked Labyrinth content that doesn't fit the theme of "kill monsters, get loot", like the rest of PoE. I've added you to the list of people that have voiced similar opinions here, now at 775. As the list grows longer our voice grows stronger. Over 320 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 770 posters in support

Here's Neikius's summary profile.

Guild:
BlackSunshine

Last Visited:
May 16, 2017

Total Forum Posts:
187 (0.09 posts per day)

Silver Supporter

Neikius joined the PoE player base well before most of us. He loves playing PoE, except for labyrinth, like the rest of us. Of course, there are some people that enjoy the labyrinth. I hope that as GGG slowly improves the bad labyrinth content that eventually all of PoE will be fun again. I also hope that those people that enjoy labyrinth now will still enjoy labyrinth in the future. If labyrinth turns into a "kill monster, get loot" type game then perhaps those people will be able to get their platform type game play from their Nintendo or Frogger!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
[...]

I should have been clearer, mb.
The lab is here to stay, with the ascendancy points in it.

The normal lab getting shortened is a thing that has basically been known for quite some time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info