Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

"
sidtherat wrote:
maybe you should just adapt..

I play computer games for 25 years now, never played any arcade or platform game. And I don't need to adapt, there is a lot of true aRPG out there.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
maybe you should just adapt..

I play computer games for 25 years now, never played any arcade or platform game. And I don't need to adapt, there is a lot of true aRPG out there.

so just pretend it is a chain of maps and be cool with it? let others farm enchants you will buy. because they are a so good that if you want to polish your character you will look for enchants

btw watch my run and tell me where the 'platform' and 'arcade' (as if classic POE wasnt arcade enough - one button gameplay..) is, ok?
"
sidtherat wrote:

... there is nothing to be 'sorted out'. you are imagining things - the puzzles (big word) are all optional. the platform game.. jeez.. i've posted a lab run in the Feedback forum, 10 minutes of it. call it a puzzle game or platform or whatever but you are SO FAR OFF that it is not even funny..

The only funny thing is that you do not realize that almost everyone hates the new content and yes these kind of things belong to other games but not to a h&s arpg. Go take a look at all the forum posts again, maby you are able to see that there are two kinds of people atm - you and maybe a hand full of other players that likes the new content and everyone else that hates the new content.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
My friend just quit the game for good because of this. "its not fun". he is right.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

... there is nothing to be 'sorted out'. you are imagining things - the puzzles (big word) are all optional. the platform game.. jeez.. i've posted a lab run in the Feedback forum, 10 minutes of it. call it a puzzle game or platform or whatever but you are SO FAR OFF that it is not even funny..

The only funny thing is that you do not realize that almost everyone hates the new content and yes these kind of things belong to other games but not to a h&s arpg. Go take a look at all the forum posts again, maby you are able to see that there are two kinds of people atm - you and maybe a hand full of other players that likes the new content and everyone else that hates the new content.

what i see is that people conditioned to wannabie-hard content cannot cope with first hardcore part of POE in ages. i undestand frustration with server DC's - this is really bad, i understand the fruistration with 'new content is hidden somewhere and i have to look for it' - im guilty of the same feeling.

but what i presume is reason some are really pissed if is the 'no chicken out' policy. no longer people can be logout-warriors. no longer TP is the most powerful spell in the game saving from harm and shame. this gets people that were carried by their portal scrolls and makro skills. because now it is more than visible how little skill they have, how bad their glass-cannon builds are. noone likes that feeling. so first reaction is 'screw this, im going home'

after speed farming Lab for last two days i CANNOT understand these stories about puzzles and levers. sorry, this is a smoke screen. mob density there is decent, layouts are simple, proceeding to Izaro DOES NOT NEED any puzzles. it is always a clean path. so what is the real reason people overreacting like that?
"

March 2012 veteran.

Love the Labyrinth intensely.

June 2012 veteran.

Hate the Labyrinth intensely.

;)
"
sidtherat wrote:
..so what is the real reason people overreacting like that?

Oh, probably that they've gated an entire expansion behind it.

If the Ascendancy classes and skill points were obtainable in a "normal" PoE manner, and the Labyrinth provided enchants and other fluff - we would surely have a win-win situation. Then, it would truly be optional content - like Atziri, for example. I really like Atziri, it's a well-made zone and some good mechanical fights. Others disagree and can't bear the grinding of fragments and don't care for the rewards or glory.. Which is perfecty fine.

I would put the 2 skill points as a quest reward after killing Malachai, and leave the Labyrinth for enchanting and for those who enjoy that type of content. That, and fixing some bugs, is literally all that is wrong with Ascendancy, as I see it.
Last edited by Ceri on Mar 6, 2016, 11:15:12 AM
"
Ceri wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

If the Ascendancy classes and skill points were obtainable in a "normal" PoE manner, and the Labyrinth provided enchants and other fluff - we would surely have a win-win situation. Then, it would truly be optional content - like Atziri, for example. I really like Atziri, it's a well-made zone and some good mechanical fights. Others disagree and can't bear the grinding of fragments and don't care for the rewards or glory.. Which is perfecty fine.

I would put the 2 skill points as a quest reward after killing Malachai, and leave the Labyrinth for enchanting and for those who enjoy that type of content. That, and fixing some bugs, is literally all that is wrong with Ascendancy, as I see it.

+1

Or they can make that when you finish the labyrinth you get new currency that you could use to level your sub class. In that way people can trade for it that dont like the new dungeon

Its important that dungeon is optional and not a must for people to get the new class system
Last edited by Ragnar119 on Mar 6, 2016, 11:22:58 AM
"
Ceri wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

but it might be so that the mandatory Lab is the way to curb the power creep. to somehow force people more to think about what and how they are doing. some players out there - with 'acquired' gear and copied builds are getting carried so hard by their gear and FOTM mechanics that they are doing content they simply do not deserve to be able to clear. Lab culls them, pretty effectively.

so maybe this mandatory part is the collateral. im happy to pay it (i have 22 characters yet to slog trough the 'trials'.. THIS part is really bad for standard players). but id like POE to be a hardcore game for once - Lab is the chance
"
Ceri wrote:
"

March 2012 veteran.

Love the Labyrinth intensely.

June 2012 veteran.

Hate the Labyrinth intensely.

;)

20 maart 2012
Hate the forced lybrint for AC points.
Love it as a challange to get enchantments !
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info