[2.2] "Bill the Butcher" DW Crit Reave Assassin by fiqst

Hey,
Very nice build but I have one question. Which items/skills do you suggest for leveling?
Thanks
Nice build!

What do you think about going Bino's and Lavianga's ?

cheers
"
bmen wrote:
Nice build!

What do you think about going Bino's and Lavianga's ?

cheers

Yes a good combination.

Other options are Relentless Fury, Death's Hand and Singularity

"
Akimbow wrote:
Hey,
Very nice build but I have one question. Which items/skills do you suggest for leveling?
Thanks

I like to use the lakishu sword at level 28, it gives you multistrike. Relentless Fury or Lavianga's Wisdom for offhand.

At 38, you can equip the multistrike gem so switch to mightflay. You can probably get by with mightflay until level 65 to equip bino.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I feel like this build needs a bit more survivability. On Merciless Izaro can kill me in 1 hit even at the first fight. I tried dropping acrobatics and get iron reflexes (getting around 10k armor, more whith grace instead of hatred). It helps a bit but it didn't solve the problem. Perhaps I need more life (currently at 3.3k) but I'm I can't change my gear too much for this.
Other than bosses, it's doing pretty good with the lifesteal and pots. The main problem is when you die before you have the time to react.
Last edited by talsiber on Mar 14, 2016, 12:50:41 PM
"
talsiber wrote:
I feel like this build needs a bit more survivability. On Merciless Izaro can kill me in 1 hit even at the first fight. I tried dropping acrobatics and get iron reflexes (getting around 10k armor, more whith grace instead of hatred). It helps a bit but it didn't solve the problem. Perhaps I need more life (currently at 3.3k) but I'm I can't change my gear too much for this.
Other than bosses, it's doing pretty good with the lifesteal and pots. The main problem is when you die before you have the time to react.

I'm having the same issue. I just started playing the game (again) so my knowledge of gems and good links just isn't there. I want to replace the vaal reave link with something to try and prevent a one shot. I've never been able to charge up a vaal skill during izaro so it's just take up spots at this point and you can switch gems while you're in there.

edit: looking at the gems and i don't think there's really anything that would help with that. Idk what level you are, but i'm 78 and i don't have 5 link daresso's yet, but if i get that and some more defensive nodes mentioned in the build i can see myself surviving with a much easier time. However, if the author has any tips i'd appreciate it
Last edited by Emek on Mar 14, 2016, 5:35:00 PM
"
Emek wrote:
"
talsiber wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I just started playing the game (again) so my knowledge of gems and good links just isn't there. I want to replace the vaal reave link with something to try and prevent a one shot. I've never been able to charge up a vaal skill during izaro so it's just take up spots at this point and you can switch gems while you're in there.

edit: looking at the gems and i don't think there's really anything that would help with that. Idk what level you are, but i'm 78 and i don't have 5 link daresso's yet, but if i get that and some more defensive nodes mentioned in the build i can see myself surviving with a much easier time. However, if the author has any tips i'd appreciate it

You can't get hit by Izaro, it's not a tank build (maybe except when you're on full Endurance Charges from Daresso's). This build has some damage avoidance mechanics (evasion, dodge) but other than that you need to get in, kill everything before they land any big hits on you, get out. The DPS is supreme, but you're not a tank.

EDIT: Unless you have enough life that you know you can get a single big hit and still live to tell the tale and outleech the damage quickly, but even then it might be sketchy due to crit, damage modifiers in maps, etc.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Mar 14, 2016, 8:46:29 PM
"
Emek wrote:
"
talsiber wrote:

Lol if I'm not wrong all of fiqst's build has supreme dps but low survivability, this is common for most if not all crit builds.
Oh, and on an extra notes, it seems possible to use the nodes that assassin freed out for more hp.
Last edited by Enrovy on Mar 15, 2016, 12:40:07 AM
Yes all true.

The previous version had 5.1k life and the magnificent regen of the Bino's dagger.

For ascendancy i lost the Bino regen so i chose to go the mirrored dagger and acuity route to the guide, with less focus on life (4.4k), replacing the old bino regen for the insta-leeching from acuity. Essentially a kill-before-it-kills-you sort of thing.

But this sets back the build if you don't have these items.

I mentioned that i had 7 more nodes to play with and i chose to put them into dps. You can put them to use into more life or diverting the tree to collect vaal pact.

Regarding Izaro, i wouldn't recommend facetanking his attacks with any build. Instead, use the long reach of reave and the mobility of whirling blades to dart in, make a quick burst attack and dart out.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Cool build. I'm trying to remake my shadow. However My budget is maximum 15ex. Do you think is enough to make this work for endgame? Assuming I will be using a 5L chest without the Phys to light gem and prob a bit lower stats on he jewelry to fit the budget. And ofc bino's.

Also you have an empty soket in offhand. why not use herald of ash or something similar? Maybe vaal grace for better defence?

What do you think about using maligaro's gloves instead? cheers
Last edited by alecs87 on Mar 15, 2016, 7:33:07 AM
"
alecs87 wrote:
Cool build. I'm trying to remake my shadow. However My budget is maximum 15ex. Do you think is enough to make this work for endgame? Assuming I will be using a 5L chest without the Phys to light gem and prob a bit lower stats on he jewelry to fit the budget. And ofc bino's.

Also you have an empty soket in offhand. why not use herald of ash or something similar? Maybe vaal grace for better defence?

What do you think about using maligaro's gloves instead? cheers

Survivability aside I'm easily reaching +100k DPS with a budget of something like 20c. Most of my currency really went to make my Daresso's Defiance into a 5L.
As a side note, I'm using rare gloves and I don't have a diamond ring but my crit chance still reaches something around 80% with the charges.

Here is my current gear for reference (I'm trying several changes with gems to up to tankines, don't mind that)
Spoiler

Last edited by talsiber on Mar 15, 2016, 9:31:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info