[2.2] "Bill the Butcher" DW Crit Reave Assassin by fiqst

"
About the build:

This build uses Reave as the main attack and Vaal Reave and Whirling blades as the secondaries.

The aims are powerful damage and fast clearspeed.

The true heart of the offence and the key to efficient clearspeed lies with the massive area of effect of the combined Reave and Vaal Reave max stacks.

Reave + Vaal Reave

Activating Vaal reave allows you to double the max stack (to 8) for the reave strike:

At this point, this AoE distance can be maintained indefinitely as long as you hit a target before the duration limit ends.

This is especially effective in linear maps such as Strand and Gorge

The Assassin subclass is chosen for its crit performance, requiring less crit nodes taken from the tree, which in turn gets put into more melee physical damage.

Defence is dodge-based with the keystones Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics as the first line of defense. But just like the offence, the best defence comes from the full-screen AoE of Reave. The constant freeze effect applied to enemies keeps them rooted in place and the sheer massive scale of the AoE kills ranged enemies outside of their firing distance.

Current stats:

4409 life

421k dps with buffs and charges
176k in town

1.446M dps with auras, charges, flasks and conc, effect

To view the less expensive version with Bino and Catalyst, click here.

"
Items:

RRRBBG
Reave
Melee Phyisical Damage
Multistrike
Physical to Lightning
Weapon Elemental Damage
Increased AoE / Conc. Effect

RRRG
CwDT
Immortal Call
Blood Rage
Increased Duration

RRGG
Whirling Blades
Faster Attacks
Fortify
Blood Magic

BBBG
Blasphemy
Assassin's Mark
Hatred
Enlighten

BGG
Vaal Reave
Inc AoE
Ice Golem

RGG
Vaal Haste
Vaal Grace
Increased Duration

"
Character Sheet:

"
Tree and Bandits:

114 Point Tree

OAK / ALL
OAK / ALL
Alira

"
Subclass:

"
Videos:

To come...

"
Notes:

Increased AoE and Conc Effect

I use Inc AoE in all occasions, even during boss fights.

I like to stay mobile during boss fights. I use whirling blades to keep away from the advancing boss and use the AoE of reave to attack from long distance. Shortening the AoE means you'll receive more attacks from the boss.

I do swap to Conc Effect for bosses that require more dps to stay safe, such as Double Vaal in apex.

I make sure i have Vaal Grace and Vaal Reave ready for the boss. This way i can have a full 10.44 second max dodge and full stacks ready for the boss (or box).

Assassin subclass

In a previous version of this build, it turned out that to cap the crit chance, +960% crit chance was required from the tree, gear and charges.

The Deadly Infusion passive in the Assassin subclass gave weapons an extra 0.5% to the crit base per power charge. This turns a 9.9% bino into 12.4% with 5 charges.

What it means it's that instead of the 960% require in the past, the requirement is now 760%. A 200% reduction.

So nodes that were taken on the tree to collect the required 960% can now be transferred to other nodes. In my case, i have chosen to distribute these into melee physical and 1h damage passives.

TL;DR
Assassin frees up about 7 nodes on the tree that was used for crit chance. These can redistributed to more physical nodes.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Mar 5, 2016, 4:27:33 PM
Last bumped on Jan 1, 2018, 6:26:00 PM
"
The Less Expensive Version

Last edited by fiqst on Mar 5, 2016, 1:38:24 AM
reserved

Little off topic question :
You have leveled 92 char in one day or you have one before ?
Last edited by ober_PL on Mar 5, 2016, 8:06:50 AM
"
ober_PL wrote:
Little off topic question :
You have leveled 92 char in one day or you have one before ?

My standard character :)

There isnt better to take ambush in assasin subclass ?
"
ober_PL wrote:
There isnt better to take ambush in assasin subclass ?

crit is capped so the extra crit chance is useless, and the crit multi only works on the first hit. The rest of the time its a waste.

trash die in 1 hit anyway so it doesn't add anything to clearspeed

10% added phys to chaos damage is unreflectable, and during an extended boss fight, it will out-perform the first hit multi.

First of all, great build. I'm still in the leveling process but the damage is getting better and better, hopefully with the right items the survivability will improve too.
If I may ask, why are you using Physical to Lightning and Weapon Elemental Damage ? So far for me, using an added fire damage seems to give a much better result. I'm stuck in 4L though.
"
talsiber wrote:
First of all, great build. I'm still in the leveling process but the damage is getting better and better, hopefully with the right items the survivability will improve too.
If I may ask, why are you using Physical to Lightning and Weapon Elemental Damage ? So far for me, using an added fire damage seems to give a much better result. I'm stuck in 4L though.

P2L+WED is mainly for the endgame once you have obtained a 6L and have enough dps to kill yourself quickly against reflect.

Added fire is great for levelling, but you'll want to curb your physical output later on, so level those gems in the weapon swap.

P2L splits your damage between ele and phys, to the point that you have enough reaction time to pop a flask when you hit an unnoticed reflect mob.

P2L+WED+Catalyst is a very potent combination that produces heavy ele damage, especially lightning which shocks everything you hit, multiplying your damage.
Deleterino
Last edited by Enrovy on Mar 24, 2016, 1:36:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info