[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
Fragzr wrote:
I guess it could be pretty good yeah

It is pretty good, take my word for it. ;)

I just hit lvl 87 wth this toon, only started a few days ago after getting bored with my lvl 97 Spark Totem Scion. This build already does more damage than the Scion with all her 21/20 gems and top-of-the-range gear. Not all my gems are at max lvl yet, I have no jewel sockets and yet to take Shaman's Dominion.

I'm doing t11-13 Maps with ease... 120k (tooltip) DPS from two totems pretty much nukes everything in one shot, which contributes a great deal to survivability. I have 4.9k HP and 1.9k ES and I haven't died once in maps (tho I did get shredded a few times in trials/lab, but that's just me being stupid with traps ;)). It's all pretty smooth sailing here.
Last edited by tomay on May 5, 2016, 5:05:41 AM
Before anyone asks, yes this build is very viable for the upcoming 2-week race!

Best of luck! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Before anyone asks, yes this build is very viable for the upcoming 2-week race!

Best of luck! :)

Haha :) Thx for your advice tbh :) Love your Youtube channel!

Hugs from Vienna bro :)
Has anybody tried this with the chaos meta? Drop lightning and put on poison etc?
I tried at level 46 with 4 links and couldn't feel any difference, but quite frankly that doesn't say anything about how it would work at level 70+, so I'm eager to hear the experiences/thoughts of other people.
Also:

1. Why are we using controlled destruction in a crit build? Having 100% reduced crit can't be good.

2. And how do we run all three auras? They sum up to 100% and even without Arctic Armor, the Hatred and Heralds take so much mana reserved that I can't cast more than a few totems before I am out of both mana AND shield.

3. Why Instruments of Virtue? We have no attacks so it seems at least half of that node is wasted.
Last edited by sikker on May 11, 2016, 11:48:46 AM
"
sikker wrote:
Has anybody tried this with the chaos meta? Drop lightning and put on poison etc?
I tried at level 46 with 4 links and couldn't feel any difference, but quite frankly that doesn't say anything about how it would work at level 70+, so I'm eager to hear the experiences/thoughts of other people.

No reason to play chaos for this build. We take no nodes that scale poison dmg and duration.

The reason inquisitor is chosen, is because of 100% ele penetration on crit, makes no sense to go chaos and waste the ascendency

"
sikker wrote:
Also:

1. Why are we using controlled destruction in a crit build? Having 100% reduced crit can't be good.

2. And how do we run all three auras? They sum up to 100% and even without Arctic Armor, the Hatred and Heralds take so much mana reserved that I can't cast more than a few totems before I am out of both mana AND shield.

3. Why Instruments of Virtue? We have no attacks so it seems at least half of that node is wasted.

Controlled destruction is decent since it provides a large amount of spell dmg. 100% reduced crit is not much if you are able to stack high amount of %crit chance. Personally I don't use it as i only have a 5L. CD can be the 6L if you desire

That's why we take EB, we cast our totems off the ES and not mana. You should have at least 1.5k ES for casting and MOM. If your gears do not have enough ES, consider dropping 2 heralds and use Hatred+Discipline

Use whirling blade as your movement skill to proc Instruments of virtue
"

No reason to play chaos for this build. We take no nodes that scale poison dmg and duration.

The reason inquisitor is chosen, is because of 100% ele penetration on crit, makes no sense to go chaos and waste the ascendency

Well, of course we'd have to take some other nodes here and there and another Ascendancy class. So just something similar to this but with chaos.
"

Controlled destruction is decent since it provides a large amount of spell dmg. 100% reduced crit is not much if you are able to stack high amount of %crit chance. Personally I don't use it as i only have a 5L. CD can be the 6L if you desire

AFAICT the CD is the better choice when it comes to paper dps of the gems I have tried, I was just wondering if there was an alternative.
"

That's why we take EB, we cast our totems off the ES and not mana. You should have at least 1.5k ES for casting and MOM. If your gears do not have enough ES, consider dropping 2 heralds and use Hatred+Discipline

Yeah, I don't have 1500 ES. At all. So I guess that is something to strive for over the long haul. I'll look into Discipline.
"

Use whirling blade as your movement skill to proc Instruments of virtue

Of course! I should have seen that :)
Thanks.
"
sikker wrote:
"

Well, of course we'd have to take some other nodes here and there and another Ascendancy class. So just something similar to this but with chaos.

I would probably go for dual consuming dark + pyre combo, and drop phy to lightning gem. You will deal only phy and chaos dmg with innate poison from consuming dark, saving you a gem slot

As for ascendancy class, my pick would be occultist for easier maintenance of ES (Vile bastion, wicked ward and forbidden power)

If you wanna go full dps, and have gears with high enough ES to compensate for loss of ES from shield, assassin would be top choice(Unstable infusion, deadly infusion and toxic delivery)
what ascendancy class should i take?
"
what ascendancy class should i take?

inquisitor for this guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info