[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

After finish leveling up my Trypanon EQ, I'm going to choose to level a Templar totem build.

I'll probably have enough currency to spend on gear and I'm wondering if I can reach T15 maps with this build or if I should take another one (RT or Flame or Spark or whatever).
"
Facon wrote:
After finish leveling up my Trypanon EQ, I'm going to choose to level a Templar totem build.

I'll probably have enough currency to spend on gear and I'm wondering if I can reach T15 maps with this build or if I should take another one (RT or Flame or Spark or whatever).

I didn't find any T15, so can't say if its doable

but i have done up to T14s with crappy gear, so you don't really need much currency for this build to work. Even a 4L carcass jack works like a charm in higher tier maps

Thanks for this guide, I'm currently at level 70, up to merciless Malachai now with only a single death, and that one was due to a desync at low level, not because of the build. If I ever go for HC, this is going to be my build of choice.

Since I don't have a facebreaker or maligaro dropped for me yet, I'm currently using this

It doesn't have any useful stats but it makes this build pretty fun to play, as the shockwave totems now pull enemies in instead of pushing them away, making them deadly black holes.
hi, I was wondering I have this build at like lvl 63 with all 5l carcass jack 75% of all resist and around 1.5k es. I was wondering what to do about totems dying? does anyone else have this problem? any insight on what to do or tips would be appreciated.
So for setting up Shockwave 4l what gem slot should i be getting cause im SO confused to what to ask for in trade or search and im totally new to this game :( HELP me please
"
hi, I was wondering I have this build at like lvl 63 with all 5l carcass jack 75% of all resist and around 1.5k es. I was wondering what to do about totems dying? does anyone else have this problem? any insight on what to do or tips would be appreciated.

just wait for the totem gem to level up, it gains more hp as it lvls. Quality on the totem gem also helps, 20% quality gives 20% increased totem life

"
drakeos99 wrote:
So for setting up Shockwave 4l what gem slot should i be getting cause im SO confused to what to ask for in trade or search and im totally new to this game :( HELP me please

SWT - Faster Casting - Increased Crit Strikes - Added Fire

for 5th link, add in Phy to Lightning
Last edited by SoundOfSilence on Apr 26, 2016, 1:29:03 PM
Kudos to Lifting once again, yet another excellent guide for a decent and affordable build.

I did make a few changes/additions though:

1. I replaced Added Fire Damage with Increased Critical Strikes.

2. Instead of a Flame Golem I'm using a Lightning Golem (which only arrived on the scene after this guide was written).

3. I added lvl 8 Raise Skeletons to my CWDT/Immo Call/Incr Duration combo (instead of BM for Whirling Blades).

4. I'm using Atziri's Promise when the going gets a bit tougher, adding a neat 11k DPS to each totem.

5. I prefer Facebreaker over Maligaro's Vityuosity.

As for the Skill Tree, I recommend taking the four Crit Multi passives at Doom Cast and Shaman's Dominion instead of two Jewel sockets, unless you have two really really b@da$$ jewels to make up for the nearly 2k DPS which each of these passives yields.

Last edited by tomay on May 4, 2016, 7:44:30 AM
[]
Last edited by Fragzr on Jul 27, 2016, 8:44:24 AM
"
Fragzr wrote:
The only thing I haven't done is take Eldritch Battery. I can't really see the good in it, I prefer being more tanky and just use less aura's.

Oh you will... when you encounter tougher bosses. Maybe not at lvl 66 but certainly in maps later. Not only are you missing out on TONS of damage from Hatred (the difference is a whopping 12k DPS per totem in my case) but also on tankiness if you don't run Arctic Armour.

If you're worried about sustainability, go for Zealot's Oath + Stone Golem but EB/MoM is very manageable even without this combo as long as you are a bit economical with your totems and make use of Vaal Discipline when necessary.
"
tomay wrote:
"
Fragzr wrote:
The only thing I haven't done is take Eldritch Battery. I can't really see the good in it, I prefer being more tanky and just use less aura's.

Oh you will... when you encounter tougher bosses. Maybe not at lvl 66 but certainly in maps later. Not only are you missing out on TONS of damage from Hatred (the difference is a whopping 12k DPS per totem in my case) but also on tankiness if you don't run Arctic Armour.

If you're worried about sustainability, go for Zealot's Oath + Stone Golem but EB/MoM is very manageable even without this combo as long as you are a bit economical with your totems and make use of Vaal Discipline when necessary.

I guess it could be pretty good yeah, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info