Update for Players who can't run Path of Exile

How to fix this for ppl who downloaded the client from the website and not from steam?
When i wanted to start Poe i got error messege :"Please upgrade your operating system"!I have windows 7 on my computer.I had no problem to play Poe before.Do i need now to upgrade windows or will this error be fix?Thank u for answer!
Last edited by anmargan on Mar 2, 2016, 7:11:01 AM
got "unable to connect to patching server" error here..dunno whats wrong
I thought it was a problem with running it on Linux, but then I found that I have the same problem if I try it on Windows 8. On Linux, it at least tells that it failed, on Windows it tells nothing, just hangs indefinitely on connecting.

Thanks for telling this, now I know that I don't have anything messed up on my machine.

EDIT: To install it on Windows 8, it might be necessary to install Visual C++ Runtime 2015 manually and run the client again then.
Last edited by Dugi on Mar 2, 2016, 8:14:41 AM
this only happens in steam, right?
my english sux.
Last edited by C1111 on Mar 2, 2016, 7:25:03 AM
"
C1111 wrote:
this only happens in steam, right?

no, standalone client too.
SSF for ever :)
but see for the amount of ppl complaining in the forums and the fact that the patch note that caused that bug reached over than 20 pages on the first day makes me think it could be 'a lil bit' more than 1% of the player base that had this issue
edit: im sry i didnt even said thanks for addressing the issue and deploying a fix to it without making us work hard for lots of hours in order to be able to run it back again ... thanks a lot and very well done !
Last edited by thiagoszlapak on Mar 2, 2016, 8:37:42 AM
"
leonardorubin wrote:
99%?? i think is the 50%...and the game is not running, but happy for the notice of the fix ha and my internet speed is 15 kbs/sec, the redownloading is out of this matter

99%its lol, 15kbs/sec - almost same shit
+1
"
Baronfuming wrote:
The scurrying puddles of humanoid forms feverishly attempt to flee as the unleashed vestiges of topaz might surround them. Rend their flesh with flames, strike them with energy from the aether! Their panic sends wisps of life-force through the planes, where it can be tapped and converted for use as a fuel source.

We are "ugly bags of mostly water".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
About a standalone client... yesterday I was a problem ( message type- problems with api-...) with PoE's start. Solution in my case was a simply - uninstall c+++ runtime 2015 from Control panel/add-remove programs ( no from an autonomic installer c+++ runtime -options avalaible -repair/remove/install...don't use it ,it's important !!!).Restart a PC, install c+++ 2015 from Miscrosoft support page and finally, restart again. After this it should be good.
I hope that it'll be helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info