Update for Players who can't run Path of Exile

i think its just bc my computer is so old its not able to run game any longer lol
rawrawr
Thank you for getting on this so quickly! Looking forward to Ascendancy, need my PoE fix!!
Last edited by GentleBenjamin on Mar 2, 2016, 8:26:55 AM
"
i was able to fix this myself, but the effort you guys putting into that is really amazing.
best devs ive seen in my entire gaming lifetime.

I can copy this! And I have played games over 20 years.
I had to reinstall the game (steam)
First it got stuck vc redist step 1 out of 2., Verify the poe game cache then run the game again, worked for me.
Thank you.

PS: It's way more than 1% of your players having problems. I would say 10% at least. :)

Anyway, I went ahead and installed SP1 and I'm looking to try install some windows update and fix it by myself in order to play again today already. I don't want to lose the last days of talisman. =/

"
i think its just bc my computer is so old its not able to run game any longer lol

It's not your computer mate. It's some bug between microsoft visual c++, windows and poe.

"
the effort you guys putting into that is really amazing.
best devs ive seen in my entire gaming lifetime.

Me too. +++

My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 2, 2016, 8:46:56 AM
Give everyone 4 premium stash tabs.
I had that same problem yesterday on one of my 2 comp. Checked the forum and saw the solution to run the VC_redist.x86.exe in the Redist forlder and it worked perfectly for me after that.
im in that 1% players who can't run it , im using steam and windows 8.1 pro , fix it fast pls
"
Piticu69 wrote:
im in that 1% players who can't run it , im using steam and windows 8.1 pro , fix it fast pls

Welcome to the club!:)
Well, here is how I fixed the problem, with win7 64

1) Install Win7 64 Service Pack 1.
2) Remove all previous versions of Microsoft Visual C++
3) Install the last versions of Microsoft Visual V C++ both x64 and x86 from microsoft site. I didn't had to update nothing on windows update but maybe you'll have to do it.

After it, reboot the computer and Run PoE as administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP Service pack 3 ( right click on it ).

PoE Working again.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 2, 2016, 10:30:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info