Update for Players who can't run Path of Exile

"
Nephalim wrote:
You know how much I love VS.

What does the redist actually do?

installs a lot of c libraries and library updates afaik
All I did was google the dll that was blocking the installation and it took me right to to a page to download the fix...took less than 5 minutes
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
you cant launch the game with this issue? if its that, im fine
my english sux.
I'm still getting some error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer i click on the short cut and right away it pops up dunno wtf it is not a computer wiz any ideas?
i am guessing and hoping that the macs are included in this? none of us can run using wine anymore. down to 8 fps if you can even get the launcher to work after the patch .
Reinstalled windows and still getting msvc problems. (msvc = micro$oft visual c)

now i can install mvsc 2015 but the launcher doesnt even start cuz of msvc 2010 is not installed.

i'd installed it but still showing the error.

In the other pc of my house nothing of this happen and only copy-pasting the client make it work, both pc's have windows 8.1 (one Pro version and the other one SL version), both have the same hardware and everything related to this.

Please, fix it when league ends to make the 1% of the server hates u forever, thanks.

(I love the way u work, but with the last 2 decisions u make i dont know what to think about u, I mean,
I try to get the better of things but now I cant, u let a lot of people unsupported 2 DAYS BEFORE LEAGUE ENDS, PLEAAAAASE, and later u add a FEATURE OF THE GAME only for supporters, we are not talking about skins and effects, we are talking about u giving advtange to people who put money in the game.

You are now wanting to ruin the game or what? u was doing great, dont mess the thing to get greedy).

Its something that I learned playing this game, the game u develop.
Last edited by santi1993 on Mar 2, 2016, 11:34:04 AM

The i run:

AND MY GAME WORKS !!!!

My windows 10 computer was amazingly fine. About the only time something wasn't to blame on 10.

My Windows 8.1 did not work.

I ran all of the security and major updates and then POE worked again.

It may not fix all the issues, but developers have to assume people are using latest releases of Windows including updates.
How I've fixed this problem is by installing Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable (I had it installed already) and run windows update afterwards.

Good Luck!
"
Well, here is how I fixed the problem, with win7 64

1) Install Win7 64 Service Pack 1.
2) Remove all previous versions of Microsoft Visual C++
3) Install the last versions of Microsoft Visual V C++ both x64 and x86 from microsoft site. I didn't had to update nothing on windows update but maybe you'll have to do it.

After it, reboot the computer and Run PoE as administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP Service pack 3 ( right click on it ).

PoE Working again.

Worked for me !!!!!

Nicely done!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info