Update for Players who can't run Path of Exile

For those of you as frustrated about this not working as I was, here is the solution I finally figured out to get my POE working again.

I figured out the issue had to do with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 when I was getting an error about a dll missing if I tried to run the exe file itself from within its path.

Go to your Steam folder (Default is C:\Program Files) and then go to subfolders SteamApps\common\Path of Exile\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015.

There will be 3 files in there - installscript.vdf, vc_redist.x64.exe, and vc_redist.x86.exe

Drag the installscript.vdf over the vc_redist.86.exe and let it run, choose Repair if you get prompted.

I did the same thing for the other file, vc_redist.64.exe.

I had first tried downloading the files from Microsoft and running, but it never finished, even after 15 minutes.

After I did that, the game is now loading again.

Hope that helps at least some of you out there!
99%?? i think is the 50%...and the game is not running, but happy for the notice of the fix ha and my internet speed is 15 kbs/sec, the redownloading is out of this matter
Last edited by leonardorubin on Mar 2, 2016, 12:40:23 AM
"
Baronfuming wrote:
The scurrying puddles of humanoid forms feverishly attempt to flee as the unleashed vestiges of topaz might surround them. Rend their flesh with flames, strike them with energy from the aether! Their panic sends wisps of life-force through the planes, where it can be tapped and converted for use as a fuel source.

Try redownloading as others suggested.
Everything will be ok.
Well.... i guess that this is important news for 1% or the players.

I was hoping for patch notes or chalanges list :/
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
rel4us wrote:

Maybe you should check news section again? (:
"
rel4us wrote:

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
So this is our News post for the day? :'(

Why doesnt ggg ever listen to its playerbase and report news on the production of the game. theyr so bad at tha
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
Last edited by southsidepopper on Mar 2, 2016, 1:04:29 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
You know how much I love VS.

What does the redist actually do?

Think of it as a 'different java'. Its a framework, set of tools, you use to build software.
And you need to have it installed in order to run software built upon it.
Last edited by centopus on Mar 2, 2016, 1:10:09 AM
Nice :)

I had problems with the update, but it had nothing to do with PoE, it was because some malware I had much earlier (and had removed) had completely broken windows update, so I couldn't fix anything, had to do a repair install of windows 7 and then it worked.
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
The game is developed with XNA?

My window error say that a .dll file is missing.

I must re-install the game or just the launcher?
i was able to fix this myself, but the effort you guys putting into that is really amazing.
best devs ive seen in my entire gaming lifetime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info