Skill Reveal: Sunder

:/

Melee skill?

More like a ranged skill using melee weapons/nodes.
I like how it looks and interact with enemies but honestly It's just another "melee" range skill. What I am really missing in this game are real melee skills. I mean skills which combine several attacks with diferent close to mid range telegraphs while moving or dashing forward. I know It's expensive because you have to create or buy several animations for each character, but that's just how I see next step for melee playstyle in this game.

Trust me, I am doing my best to support this game.
this skill is fine and all, but i think its about time to open skill suggestion thread.
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
"Sends them asunder" :P

The phrase you're looking for is "rends them asunder", not 'send'. Asunder means split in two.

Also most of what you describe already exists in some form, though I absolutely agree we need:

1. A chain-pull skill

2. A chaining dash skill that's a RED gem, like a slower, stronger, less teleporty Flicker Strike. Think D3's monk. OR JUST LET US USE MULTISTRIKE ON SHIELD DASH FFS

3. A transformative controllable directional perma-dash skill (think Torchlight 2's zerker wolf form), basically a red gem version of Cyclone that moves faster, hits stronger but slower, drains mana per second, etc. Something like having the character uses Piety's fire form, moving very fast while active and damaging all enemies you touch as you run around, but unable to use any other skills while active (cementing its place as an attack skill, not a buff).
Last edited by MaraWuti on Feb 25, 2016, 8:15:16 AM
Fliker Strike is the only real melee skill but to make it viable you need to meet drastic requirements
Oro Sacrifice Unique sword Franzy charge on Ignited enemy
Pure elemental dmg heavy focus on elemental weakness curse
Chance to ignite staking

Than u can spam Fliker Strike

And guess what with all res capped 155 to 170 In merciless chapter 4
16k armor
5k hp

and I easily get killed it take a few sec bah and dead unless I use skill....
I said this when game released that Melee classes are unplayable and need very good buff ..well now they are in better spot but still very weak

Some example

Shadow Walking
Deal 70 % of weapon dmg ( this mean it work good with Elem weapons and with physical weapons too )
Gain buff "terror of the night" increases Attack Speed for every struck enemy up to 10 stacks
At 10 Stacks receive Night Cloak All incoming dmg is reduced by 20% or 30%

Animation Character Travels through a black/gray fog and appears next to enemy target and landing a strike .
With each Stack of terror of the night around character appears a a dark fog and it gets darker with each hit ....at 10 stack character receive Night Cloak with fully developed dark foggy aura

Now Some possible build

Shadow Walking + Multi Strike + Splash Dmg + Fortify + Elem Dmg or phy dmg to Fire and so on ....

The only way to make Melee fun and viable is to add some Block some evade mechanics to it
and you don't have to go very far for such example take it from other games
Shadow Walking I presented get can find it resemblance in gw2 Revenant sword skill 3
And it wont be so hard to make because hit animation is not very important whats important is moving animation but it ca be applied to all models just make the fog make how character becomes foggy and jumps appears at target trikes and again goes in fog

And only from gw2 skills there are plenty of examples ....but I know you don't give much crap so ..GGG

New melee skill also is affected by multiple projectiles ? ;/
Last edited by mihaimd on Feb 25, 2016, 8:37:44 AM
So fixing melee is making everyone run skills that hit at range? :\

I was hoping for sunder to debuff the enemy it hits (like -50% enemy armor on hit for 2 seconds).
But I guess it's all about damage, damage, damage now.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Feb 25, 2016, 8:29:14 AM
Love this new Ground Slam MTX.
Sweet looking skill and I like the range of it. But that occasional high pitched whistle like noise would drive me Insane...

"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
Physical glacial cascade with a little bit of kinetic blast going on; sounds neat. When I inevitably make some kind of 2H Axe Cycloner this league, I'll certainly be giving this a go.

They said: "Every enemy that is hit releases an additional shockwave, damaging all foes around them. Against a cluster of enemies, these overlapping shockwaves can be devastating."
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
"
Gixxerdude wrote:
Sweet looking skill and I like the range of it. But that occasional high pitched whistle like noise would drive me Insane...

That's the sound those act 4 bird mutants make when they die. It's definitely not the skill.
Last edited by MaraWuti on Feb 25, 2016, 9:22:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info