Skill Reveal: Sunder

While I absolutely love POE and admire the incredible depth in the game, sometimes I wonder why not apply the same thing to skills. When you boil it down, the game mechanics from an action and interaction point are view are deceivingly simple. Even if it risks making things hard to balance, can we see some new concepts for how skills work beyond a projectile or effect shoots in a line in front of or circle around the user?

-What about creating a projectile which you can then manipulate or pull to yourself damaging things?

-What about more randomization on how projectiles fly?

-What about skills that link together to form combinations based on mechanics rather than math?

-What about more positioning specific skills?
"
Peterking72 wrote:
Finally my staff wielding Templar could become useful again.
Time to haul out those pure phys staffs from the stash again and give them a go with sunder. :)

I don't know why everyone QQing about melee getting ranged and semi-ranged skills.
Yes, some people only like facetanking all the time. But that too can get boring after a while.
I think these skill would allow players to do a very good hybrid build.
A build that excels both in close quarters real melee fights and semi-ranged, cluster-fuck situations.
So when your HP goes down you can just back off and give some love from afar. Then when you're on full life again you go back up close again.

I think the whole purpose this being a 2H skill is that this way people can put together 2 main skills. One in their 5L or 6L chest and another in their 5L or 6L Staff, mace or axe.

There are other people complaining about this skill not being useful for 2H swords. Why would it be? Do you guys insane? Swords are used for cutting.
Do you guys chop wood with swords or axes the place where you live? -OR- If you want to smash something or pulverize it; would you use a sword or a mace?
Think people, think!

In another word, GGG delayed the continuous improvements to the dream, real melee build. This reminds me of a moment we hyped on Spectral Throw.

I really enjoyed a high hit damage melee build in Talisman League that came along with new Melee Splash and Attack Damage leech nodes. I never get bored to clock the time to leap in on top of the bosses.

IMO what we need is a heavy charging skill such like VollCharge of Gnar, Eater of Carrion in Village Ruin Map that makes "Hit and Away" viable in 2 actions instead of leaping in, hit(s) and leaping out doing no damage. Leap Slam is not enough at all even with Concentrated Effect.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Oh good...more ways to whack the ground...
Saved
"It and can be used with Maces, Staves and Axes."
kinetic blast and ground slam had a baby?
New skill for meele builds ..... The skill also has a longer range than most attack skills .... in the mid of the describtion :-) ...... Just making some range skills with meele tag is not really a meele :-)
Last edited by Tartaros38 on Feb 25, 2016, 1:07:42 PM
"
Darkfyre wrote:
kinetic blast and ground slam had a baby?

^^
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
So another skill that doesnt work with swords... Wonder what earthquake is going to be like...
Quantity over quality!!! Keep adding! NEW NEW NEW NEW!! Shiny-flashy-must-see-NEW!

*sarcasm*
Another groundslam, wouldnt it been easier simply to buff groundslam to be on-pair with...

Well, un pair with something atleast.
zzZzzzZzzZz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info