Skill Reveal: Sunder

Buffed sweep, ice crash, now with sunder and earthquake, well it's official, groundslam is a dead skill.

"
evinta wrote:
Well... that's disappointing.

Like the other 800 people said, the "bootleg range skill" aspect is troubling. I understand nobody who develops games care about melee, but after a certain point you just sigh every time there's an update to melee characters/abilities in a game and it's... just watered down range.

Maybe I'll get surprised. Until then it's just going to be my 500th physical Flicker Strike character. At least Raider should be awesome for that.

Just watered down range is what I always think too.

The only way to fix this is by making the melee damage crazy. And it will not be more op than those ranged classes that do that same damage from afar already.

Lets look at this with a realistic perspective...

An archer learns the art of the bow so AWESOME that they can split arrows that completely pierce through all targets and kill them on the spot, making that single small arrow such a powerful attack its like a bullet and even stronger. Becoming thus a master archer.

Wouldn't it make sense that a warrior that spends the same amount of time learning the art of the sword to the same extent, having already a stronger weapon in hand, would be able to turn that weapon when they are a master warrior into 10 canon balls striking you?

The drawback for each- One is not as strong but has range, the other is much stronger but needs to get in close. But nooo, evertime you make a melee warrior have that much damage you usually need to focus on more offence to match the other dps of other classes leaving you squishy (like my Dual Wielding Duelist). At which point, what is the point of melee if it doesn't have that extra damage it needs to be balance out? Ranged classes can at many times clear out stages completely without taking a single hit >.<

(I've actually made my Dual Wielding on my Duelist with life leeching and all, and there is no end game dps that can kill me so even then I am very survivable even in a squishy state. All the rest of the build is offensive. Burst damage one shots me! At least when I get close I match other party members right? Nope, I need to hit the enemy a couple times for the same damage the archer done from afar. half the mobs are dead before I get them, making me use whirlwind blades to be somewhat in the thick of it as I fight to have at least some use other than looting items.)
Aaaaand here is my build.
༗ IGN: Warcry ༗
༗ Lvl 100s: #7 ༗
༗ Twitch.tv/WarcryLive ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens: 1772222 ༗
༗ Mirror Thread: 1832043 ༗ #1 ES Wander Opal Ring ༗ #1 Lab Runner Vanguard Belt ༗
Please please PLEASE make it activate at range and NOT making the character run to melee range first. Come on. Less shift key, GGG. It's 2016.
Make it work with unarmed!
To GGG: can you change some ascendancy subclass to make explosive arrow more comfort and uses? I mean GGG developers forgot about explosive arrow at all when create there subclass and balance game. The damage from EA garbage and need expensive gear, but caustic arrow got so many mechanics and multipliers everywhere and instant damage, while explosive arrow don't have any of there, so could you GGG do something to increase it damage and change ascendancy subclass suit more ea.

Thanks.

EA is one of the more powerful damage skills and Endless Munitions from Deadeye would be pretty good with it I should think.

There are other people complaining about this skill not being useful for 2H swords. Why would it be? Do you guys insane? Swords are used for cutting.
Do you guys chop wood with swords or axes the place where you live? -OR- If you want to smash something or pulverize it; would you use a sword or a mace?
Think people, think!

That's a rock solid basis for game design.

(!)
"
Peterking72 wrote:

There are other people complaining about this skill not being useful for 2H swords. Why would it be? Do you guys insane? Swords are used for cutting.
Do you guys chop wood with swords or axes the place where you live? -OR- If you want to smash something or pulverize it; would you use a sword or a mace?
Think people, think!

That's a rock solid basis for game design.

(!)

It's a game, yes, but it has to have SOME rules and realism

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info