Skill Reveal: Sunder

I have a question would appreciate if someone could answer it:

Does following passive nodes effect sunder skill?

% increased radius of area skills
% increased area damage
Finally a new skill that actually looks fun to use! I was getting worried there wouldn't be anything, but this looks interesting and, unlike the weird new perma-nova skills or yet another totem, it won't slow me down.

Maybe go staff crit with HoI for some satisfying full-screen-crunchiness... Probably less effective than HoA but DOT is just so much less entertaining than shattering things into explosions.
Finally my staff wielding Templar could become useful again.
Time to haul out those pure phys staffs from the stash again and give them a go with sunder. :)

I don't know why everyone QQing about melee getting ranged and semi-ranged skills.
Yes, some people only like facetanking all the time. But that too can get boring after a while.
I think these skill would allow players to do a very good hybrid build.
A build that excels both in close quarters real melee fights and semi-ranged, cluster-fuck situations.
So when your HP goes down you can just back off and give some love from afar. Then when you're on full life again you go back up close again.

I think the whole purpose this being a 2H skill is that this way people can put together 2 main skills. One in their 5L or 6L chest and another in their 5L or 6L Staff, mace or axe.

There are other people complaining about this skill not being useful for 2H swords. Why would it be? Do you guys insane? Swords are used for cutting.
Do you guys chop wood with swords or axes the place where you live? -OR- If you want to smash something or pulverize it; would you use a sword or a mace?
Think people, think!
"
obsivus wrote:
I have a question would appreciate if someone could answer it:

Does following passive nodes effect sunder skill?

% increased radius of area skills
% increased area damage

If you don't work for GGG you can't answer that question with certainty.

That being said, I would expect they do. Looking at the skill video it seems like the skill extends out from the player similar to glacial cascade, where it has multiple overlapping AoE fields instead of a projectile method of movement. I'd also think the mini AoE that comes off monsters hit would be increased by passives that effect AoE, similar to how the corpse explosion component of infernal blow works. I would also expect the secondary AoE to have a "does x% less damage" modifier attached to it as well.

Hope this is helpful. Cheers!
Echo slam! Yay
"
edit: I can see why they wouldn't ask someone else to release this, no one else wanted to.

Savage!

Looks lame idd. Not impressed by recent new "melee" skills.
I can't help but laugh at all these people complaining about "melee glacial cascade" or "another ground slam". Any skill released will look like something else. They will have overlapping mechanics. What are people expecting? The point is they're giving options. You want a 360 no-scope skill? Go play COD. Melee characters inherently have a limited amount of things they can do.

1. You can hit whats in front of you.
2. You can hit the ground.
3. You can spin around.

This is creative of the skill design team. If they made another single target skill everyone would go "Wah, this is so lame. I'm so disappointed, its just double strike/dual strike/heavy strike/.... Wah"

Shut up.

Looks good GGG
"
Coasteroli wrote:
I can't help but laugh at all these people complaining about "melee glacial cascade" or "another ground slam". Any skill released will look like something else. They will have overlapping mechanics. What are people expecting? The point is they're giving options. You want a 360 no-scope skill? Go play COD. Melee characters inherently have a limited amount of things they can do.

1. You can hit whats in front of you.
2. You can hit the ground.
3. You can spin around.

This is creative of the skill design team. If they made another single target skill everyone would go "Wah, this is so lame. I'm so disappointed, its just double strike/dual strike/heavy strike/.... Wah"

Shut up.

Looks good GGG

My issue is not that they are releasing a repetitive skill, even though it looks alot like ground slam / melee glacial cascade. I haven't played it, I don't know if it feels different than ground slam, it may, and that would be enough for me.

My issue is that the melee attack system, as in you walk up to an enemy and you hit him in the face, is really not good. You constantly whiff attacks (not that their evaded, you just click 1 pixel too far), chasing down enemies that run is an f-ing nightmare (I just straight up ignore tormented spirits and snakes, too much hassle) and the fact that multi-strike is required so if you use a slower attack weapon you are rooted in place long enough to get murdered before the animation ends.

I would really like GGG to fix the main issue with the melee system instead of releasing pseudo-melee skills that skirt around the problem. I get that revamping the system is a lot of work and I'm not a coder / dev so I can't even say how feasible that is, but they seem pretty darn smart at GGG and I'm confident they can do something to improve on it, if not plain fix it outright.
To me it looks like reskinned physical dmg frostblades.
And what is new here??Same skils everywhere...Same function

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info