Skill Reveal: Sunder

I like it, even though I won't play it and it will just make my helm enchant a bigger pain...
But I feel hammers are getting too much love whereas slashy weapon users are still stuck with cyclone/reave. The other skills are, sadly, just too clunky to use because of the targeting mechanics...
And, even though I play reave, I wish its aoe was narrower... It would feel cooler at the expense of clearspeed...
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
I would, however, prefer if this skill could work with swords (especially 2h).

I mean c'mon.

It's basically a Windscar, guys.
"
MaraWuti wrote:

I mean c'mon.

Could have been, but it's not wind, it's yet another skill that shatters the ground.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool concept, it's just overdone at this point. I'm not totally against the concept, just would have preferred something a little different.
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
MaraWuti wrote:

I mean c'mon.

Could have been, but it's not wind, it's yet another skill that shatters the ground.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool concept, it's just overdone at this point. I'm not totally against the concept, just would have preferred something a little different.

Another skill that shatters the ground... me hulk... smash!!!

Yeah melee seems to be a hard thing for most of these companies to think of. I've only seen Korean RPG's use melee in satisfying and creative ways. The rest always have this huge crush on magic and spell effects >.<

I love both, but I love me a really good melee a lot as well, and I am hoping they at least add some more useful skills in there even if they are not creative because at this point I am like "something, anything!". I just hope that this is a really good/effective skill in play. That I will know when I play it.

I am happy to see more melee skills. I am happy to see new spell skills as well. But something tells me that we would be getting twice as many of the latter or if not, just as many but more creative.
A cheap glacial cascade or GS skill for melee builds. It changes the stetic only.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Last edited by Execreth on Feb 25, 2016, 1:52:00 AM
like GS skill LOL
so...not good xd
so lazy ggg...no, really where is your Imagination?
Last edited by availablex on Feb 25, 2016, 2:09:16 AM
this like Echo Slam in Dota 2, nice skill!
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:

Another skill that shatters the ground... me hulk... smash!!!

Yeah melee seems to be a hard thing for most of these companies to think of. I've only seen Korean RPG's use melee in satisfying and creative ways. The rest always have this huge crush on magic and spell effects >.<

I love both, but I love me a really good melee a lot as well, and I am hoping they at least add some more useful skills in there even if they are not creative because at this point I am like "something, anything!". I just hope that this is a really good/effective skill in play. That I will know when I play it.

I am happy to see more melee skills. I am happy to see new spell skills as well. But something tells me that we would be getting twice as many of the latter or if not, just as many but more creative.

Well there are some interesting and fairly unique strength-melee skills (though the viability of which varies), such as Infernal Blow, Dominating Blow, Molten Strike, Leap Slam, Shield Charge and Ice Crash; Cyclone is an extremely popular build due to it's movement (though I hate the way it clips on the environment).

Could easily make another ground slam mechanic work too, just make it a bit different. Tornado Shot is a great example of an ability that is functionally similar to many bow shots, but with a unique twist (pus are fun).
I play melee probably 75% of the time. This doesn't look like something I'll be giving a go at.

I agree with what people have said about GGG trying to balance melee vs ranged being pretty lame, but I don't have an answer so I can't complain.

I do like what they did with the graphics in the sense that people running the game on a toaster should be able to use it without a problem in group setting. I hope that doesn't come off as sarcasm because it really isn't.

edit: I can see why they wouldn't ask someone else to release this, no one else wanted to.
Last edited by HoofMast on Feb 25, 2016, 2:39:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info