Skill Reveal: Sunder

It's a skinny ground slam with shockwaves? I'm guessing initial hit and the trail are going to be the main damage with the shockwaves doing a reduced damage? If it work's like Glacial Cascade then it will not be tagged with projectile. Also guessing that it will scale kinda like static strike. Maybe an option maybe for single target if it does do more damage than ground slam so you can combo the two. I sense the prices of Carcass Jack on the rise!!
Looks awesome!

I use Glacial Cascade and Herald of Ice, but it doesn't quite have the same punch as this skill lol.

If I ever make a melee character again at least I finally have a skill I'd like to use :)
So...Ground Slam?
I like the concept of making new melee skills a physical (aka no elemental conversion) based version/inspiration of existing elemental conversion skills, like Earthquake vs Icecrash, but I don't think there is any need to make new physical skills that are almost the same as other physical skills.

Sunder would fit in better if it was a physical to fire conversion skill that made a molten linear quake instead, exactly like one of Kaom's abilities. I wanted to see his ability get added to the game, but Sunder seems like it is only half based on it.
Look kinda weak visually but the mechanics are nice.
Here's an idea for a simple new melee skill, GGG - Hook Shot. Basically it's attaching a chain to your weapon (must be a sharp weapon so only sword, axe and daggers) and then throwing it out at enemies and dragging them back to you (yes, like Brutus!), possibly with a much higher stun chance or something.

This would be different from Spectral Throw in two ways - firstly, despite the name, it's NOT a ranged skill as it brings an enemy (or multiple enemies if attached to LMP/GMP) to you, thereby putting you in danger unless you 1-shot them (it won't have ridiculous damage). And secondly it won't have ST's multiple hits mechanism.

So why have it? Well, it serves as the perfect opening move skill. If there's a pesky aura rare or boss empowering a surrounding pack, now we can separate them from said pack and take em' on individually. Or it could be used to drag bosses away from dangerous zones like the desecrated ground in the trio arena in the Atziri map or the water spouts in Merveils' lair. I'm sure players would be able to figure out other uses for it as well.

Of course it wouldn't be a new main skill, but you've already released many other non-main active skills in the past, so why not another one? And, best of all, it's enable all of playing PoE to finally be able to shout, "GET OVER HERE!!" during boss fights! :D

We've had Brutus' hook shot in the game since the beginning. I think it's high time we players finally got to enjoy its awesomeness. :)
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 24, 2016, 9:43:53 PM
I don't understand what's going on anymore.
Another attack that will get you instagibbed vs. reflect unless you for Phys to Lightning.

Kind of annoying, but I like it.
"
ThePromise110 wrote:
Another attack that will get you instagibbed vs. reflect unless you for Phys to Lightning.

Kind of annoying, but I like it.

? Reflect has never been an issue for a very very long time right now unless there's something terribly wrong with your build.

as for this skill it's lazy like It's basically ground slam however it's a smaller version and can go further should of just named it Lesser ground slam <.<
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 24, 2016, 10:21:15 PM
Very similar to ground slam. A axe version ground slam?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info