[2.4] Bino's Budget Spectral Throw. Insane 85k DPS, Clear Speed and Defense!

Hey there awesome guide. Loving the build.

I've a few questions though.

For the 6l which gem of the three you mention would be better? I'm working on 6 linking my coil atm, and the crit multiplier is huge, but not sure if WED would actually outperform it despite the spec being physical based.

Do we ever get to a point where we can drop Starkonja's for rat's nest? Or perhaps use a rare helm and run skyforth and drop assasins mark for another curse?

My Golem dies all the time, am I doing something wrong? It's rather annoying.

Is it worth getting myself Taste of Hate and use it with the atziri flask? It looks really good.

@hyrenfreak

"
what points would u put into the raider tree?

Evaision, Frenzy Charge duration -> Way of the Poacher -> Evaision, Frenzy Charge duration -> Avatar of the Slaughter -> Evaision, Attack Speed -> Rapid Assault
Last edited by Kiszh on Mar 10, 2016, 5:57:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBCGl20iUIk

I'm working with about the same tree but it's open for change to ele buzzsaw if I respec the pshy nodes. I'm still experimenting with everything.

One thing I can say I tried Deadeye ascendency before this and it's garbage compared to raider.

Total dps 17k on gmp atm.

I really don't understand why you take block nodes if you take acro. Blocking at -30% seems pretty useless to me.

For me sniper and the power charge are a no brainer.
Last edited by sklipnoty on Mar 10, 2016, 6:03:50 AM
@hyrenfreak

"
Yep as Kiszh kindly replied, you go for 'way of the poacher', 'avatar of the slaughter' and 'rapid assault'

@Kiszh

"
You raise some good questions, I'll answer them one by one.

1. Since we use Hatred and Added Fire, we have 80% of physical damage added as elemental along with Herald of Ice, which means nearly half our damage is elemental, so WED provides half its bonuses. This means that WED is a 30% more multiplier to our damage. I'm not sure how significant the crit multi gem is, but I think WED would generally be the best option for a 6L.

2. I would probably keep Starkonja, for the 100 flat life which is pretty huge and provides a major defensive boost. Rat's Nest gives us an additional 50% crit chance which is worth around 2 nodes, while 100 life is equivalent to around 15% increased life (3 nodes). A lot of people use Rat's nest for the bonus movement speed, but it is not necessary for our character.

Skyforth is an extremely luxury option, but to be honest I'm not sure about giving up our 3.6% life regen, since that makes bloodrage kinda hard to sustain. But that decision lies with you if you can obtain a Skyforth's.

3. Yeah my golem dies often too and it's quite annoying. Once you level it higher and get quality on it, the golem will get tankier. You can also link it with minion life, but we're pretty starved for sockets.

4. Definitely, try and get a taste of hate and Atziri's promise as they provide major DPS boosts and survivability (although ToH is pretty expensive).

@sklipnoty

"
Hmm that is an interesting approach to spectral throw and your DPS is definitely pretty good atm. I like your video too!

I don't deliberately take the block nodes, but just path through them since they provide some nice damage boosts as well.

The choice between sniper and ballistic mastery is kinda tricky, since if we take one, we don't need the other. We generally want to have 30% projectile speed. If you can get a jewel with projectile speed, I suggest taking Sniper, but if you can't, then stick to using Ballistic Mastery.

I thought about taking the power charge, but it takes 2 nodes, so it becomes 25% crit chance per node. And our power charge generation is not 100% reliable so I decided against it, but if it works for you that's cool too.

Good luck with your build!

Last edited by cookees on Mar 10, 2016, 7:20:25 AM
I've been running hatred and not Herald of Ash, since thats the gem mentioned in the guide :P Is it a typo in the reply or is the guide not updated for the correct aura?
@Kiszh

Ah yeah that's a typo, thanks for pointing that out. Got confused with my other build lol.
Last edited by cookees on Mar 10, 2016, 7:14:52 AM
Any thoughts on using frenzy for the single target instead of double strike? Something like frenzy - MS - Melee phys - added fire / faster attacks

Since we have 8 frenzy charges it must hit like a truck.
@fecalexplosion

Yeah I tested out Frenzy and I think double strike still has higher DPS.

But Frenzy does allow you to keep up all your charges in boss fights which is pretty nice. So it's up to you really.
INSANE is a big word here... Its way below average...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
@eragon1111

I think 85k DPS is pretty good for spectral throw with Bino's.

I guess if you are using mirrored gear, then it's another story
Hey, got a question. I'm currently at 36k Spectral throw dps, 40k with atziri flask. How the hell do you get up to 60k unbuffed dps? And im using rat's nest and maligaro's gloves.

My rings and ammy:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info