[2.4] Bino's Budget Spectral Throw. Insane 85k DPS, Clear Speed and Defense!

"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
@Kiszh

Hmm.. that's an interesting suggestion.

My primary concern is the loss of life regen from skyforths, which makes running bloodrage very difficult. Especially on maps with desecrated ground, burning ground or vulnerability. These mods will cause your life pool to drop rapidly without any life regen to counter the effects of bloodrage.

I think mana shouldn't be an issue. If you can afford a pair of Skyforth's, then you should be able to obtain some -8 mana cost elreon diamond rings, which would let you get away with just 44 mana. Running an additional herald of ash would give you 8.3% more damage (1.95/1.8) which is quite a bit.

But it would be really hard to run Starkonja's, maligaro's and Skyforths on top of Lightning Coil. You would need 90-100 total resistances on every other piece of gear, which is definitely possible, but pretty hard to do.

I think theoretically it could all work out as how you said, but it would be very difficult to accomplish.

Don't forget Headhunter when we're talking that level of gear :P
Last edited by Kiszh on Mar 11, 2016, 4:56:56 PM
@kiszh

Yeah this is more of a hypothetcal BIS discussion. I would probably never be able to afford a Skyforth's to test the effectiveness of it anyways. Same with headhunter lol.

@steblon

I think dual-wielding is alright. You take the Dual-Wield passives and run Twin Terrors for a boost to crit chance. Dual-wield also gives some nice damage bonuses to physical damage and attack speed.

The main issue is the loss in defensiveness from a shield. Your shield gives you a lot of evasion life and resists, as well as some nice block. So if your DPS is already high enough, I thinking sticking with a shield and being tankier is better.

Last edited by cookees on Mar 11, 2016, 11:25:41 PM
Hey supreme, I'm level 84 now and only at 6k dps with spec throw in a 5L with gmp, can you advise what I can do to get the dps going. I have a binos and I'm using the same gems as you.
@a1mandf1re

Hmm yeah that's a bit low. Switch to LMP until your DPS gets to 20k. Also link me all your gear and current tree.

Is your 6k DPS without charges?
Last edited by cookees on Mar 12, 2016, 12:04:02 AM
Forgive me I'm not exactly sure how to link, also it's 8k with hatred herald, and with charges it's sitting at about 14k.
@a1mandf1re

It's really easy. First open up 'post reply', then open up your character screen and click on one of your items. This will automatically link it.

Like this

14k DPS with charges up is quite decent I think though. But there's definitely room to improve.

Or you can make your account not private and I can check your character on your profile.
Last edited by cookees on Mar 12, 2016, 12:48:25 AM
This is an announcement guys, but if you've been using maligaro's, I suggest trying out facebreakers (they give 90% crit multi) or the 'shadows and dust' gloves instead.

I've think facebreakers provide more damage than maligaro's now, so test them out to see which is higher. But if you can afford a shadows and dust, go for a pair of those since rampage is very good to have.

If you use rare gloves, then disregard this message.
I just bought Shadows and Dust. (25/43) they provide a ~300 dps loss on equip without auras, but the buff is fairly frequent albeit a very short duration.

I wonder if we can take a point out of the mana leech node with the leech on these gloves..

Edit: Just tested it and we totally can drop the life/mana leech node and retain full mana with the .2 leech on the gloves. I dropped the point into the 16% projectile damage node in the start of the ranger tree, anyone got an idea on where it'd be better to put it? Just assume I'm 91 and have all other mandatory points. btw with the 16% projectile node it outperforms maligaro's on the sheet too.
Last edited by Kiszh on Mar 12, 2016, 7:53:03 AM
@kiszh

Ah that's cool to hear. Yeah the projectile damage node is a good place to put the extra node. Or you can go for the additional jewel slot above Acrobatics. But that's a 3 point commitment so it depends if you plan to level to 94 or not.

If the rampage buff isn't very significant you can try equipping facebreakers and that would probably give the highest raw DPS boost overall.
Last edited by cookees on Mar 12, 2016, 9:21:26 AM
Been playing this build since the start of the league and I'm really enjoying it so far!

I just reached lvl 80 and have 6 points in the Raider class.

I got a question on how to proceed now with my gear. I was able to purchase a 6L for a fairly low amount and the rest of my gear is low-end but I got the key stats down I think.

I have 26k dps with GMP and Crit multi as my sixth link.

I'm a bit doubtfull that I'll be able to reach 60k+dps, can you give me some pointers on how to increase my dps? Obviously max lvl gems and 20% quality will help a bunch, but not 40k+dps extra, right?

Gear:
Spoiler

Build:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBLEFLQVmBbUILg2NDkgRLxGWEvEWvxcmGY4brSP2JP0mlSoLLOEwcTB8Nj031DpCPeJB0EMxRwZHfkjuSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtW9VuvXfJh4mKsZU1rkGyMcFJwVnTtdct1_XiueoR7FH11feOEb4TZh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_joqQG5fQmhObjZ2qo4qmf6xmsbO0xbVIuT674702vqfC7MSizZjQrdN-1CPUQtZY2Hbawdtu29Tb592o4J_jn-dU6mLrY-0_7UHtg-4O_MX-uv_e?accountName=Tr0j4n&characterName=Zagini

IGN: Sogano

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info