ReShade Mod by Svdeness

The game almost looks too sharp with this mod, it kills my eyes...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
Sadeness wrote:
I have an answer from Melissa_GGG.
Is it allowed by forum rules to post here email messages from support?
If so I can show, otherwise you can pm me.

It's allowed.

GGG pm me recently and it's not allowed to post messages here.

About settings.
I remind to all what that settings was tested with 1080p and higher resolutions.

You can go to gemfx config file in reshade folder and disable BLOOM (turn to 0) and game will be look a little more darker. Also it will turn performance back (~10-15 FPS).

Also you can check sweetfx and custom config files and change any settings. You can use this mod just like a core for your own settings.

Additional sharpening may looks ugly for someone because in game all details are small.
You can try to use this mod in another games (some action rpg for example) and you will see how it improve whole visuals.
You can read more about it here.

"
EKTELESTES wrote:
The first pics are really blurry, no AA, not even AF is there.
If people play on a TV, they can just adjust the sharpness of their tv at zero fps cost :)
If not, just switch on Anisotropic Filtering, ant virtually no fps cost either.

That's all you need.

Screenshots was turned to 720p to downscale size of theese screenshots so whats why they are may looks blurred. AF is enable in the game and in video drivers, but it's can't be enough for anyone, ever on TV so I usually use sharpening in this mod. Sharpening on monitor or TV works differently and looks not so good for me.

"
Also, why is there a blanket ban on modification of the PAK file for things like removing and toning down particle effects, but using an ENB injector on the game EXE file is okay? It seems like a really weird disconnect.

ENB and ReShade/SweetFx don't connect into exe or game files. It just working like ovelray so what's why it's ok to use.
RU
Last edited by Sadeness on Feb 16, 2016, 3:29:40 AM
"
Sadeness wrote:
ENB and ReShade/SweetFx don't connect into exe or game files. It just working like ovelray so what's why it's ok to use.

The injector explicitly edits the exe file to point to the new dll.

Doesn't matter what the outcome is, it is editing the game files, which is forbidden by the TOS. If GGG has decided that this policy can have exceptions, I don't consider it unfair to ask why.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
well i checked out the pics and have to say the textures look a lot sharper (check out the armor) - mayb too sharp - but he pointed out, that you can play around with the settings.

"
Sadeness wrote:

GGG pm me recently and it's not allowed to post messages here.

You could ask them to make a quick post in this thread for confirmation that the mod is fine to use, then. Even if I would consider using your mod, I'd stay away from it, too without some official response that it won't get me banned. ;-)
"
"
Sadeness wrote:

Doesn't matter what the outcome is, it is editing the game files, which is forbidden by the TOS. If GGG has decided that this policy can have exceptions, I don't consider it unfair to ask why.

It does not touch the source of exe file.
Injector just set the rule to include exe file into the mod process. You can see that if you run another programm and check it by alt+tab - it works everywhere.
This mod uses the standart DirectX libraries.
Im using ENB/SweetFx/Reshade mods almost 10 years and still not banned anywhere, even in PoE (since January 2013) now, I have played many online games with this mods.
RU
Last edited by Sadeness on Feb 16, 2016, 4:53:29 AM
"
Sadeness wrote:
"
"
Sadeness wrote:

It does not touch the source of exe file.
Injector just set the rule to include exe file into the mod process. You can see that if you run another programm and check it by alt+tab - it works everywhere.
This mod uses the standart DirectX libraries.
Im using ENB/SweetFx/Reshade mods almost 10 years and still not banned anywhere, even in PoE (since January 2013) now, I have played many online games with this mods.

Sweet as dude, thanks for the explanation.

I don't know enough about this kind of stuff to discuss it properly, someone who has a better idea of how injectors work with modifying the behaviours of the target processes would be better than me to ask these questions.

The crux of the issue is that you're utilising a 3rd party modification to the game, in an innocuous fashion (i.e. you're trying to improve the graphical presentation). However, we've had the previous shit fight regarding the use of another 3rd party tool to improve the graphical performance.

If this particular mod is OK, then GGG would be doing us a HUGE favour to explain exactly why it meets criteria for use under the TOS, while other modifications with similar intent are not.

If you're got a solid knowledge of coding etc. it may be perfectly clear (and I am sorry for wasting ya'lls time). But a lot of players who continue to have significant performance issues with the game are in the same boat as me. We can't distinquish between this mod, and one which would be potentially game-changing (ha, puns) for our day to day player experience.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread mate :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
I don't know enough about this kind of stuff to discuss it properly, someone who has a better idea of how injectors work with modifying the behaviours of the target processes would be better than me to ask these questions.
AFAIU [Removed by Support] worked exactly the same way, and we all remember GGG's stance on using it. Why this could be any different, I don't have a slightest idea. No offence, OP, but until GGG confirms your claims about mod legality here(or, god forbid, on reddit) I will assume you are lying.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Feb 16, 2016, 10:56:18 AM
If it was going to use ANY shader mod i'd just go with sweetfx as it's well established and "safe"
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I understand that situation with TOS, but it applies to all games and yes - it looks strange.
Game developers never talks about this. All I know that it is safe and works fine.
I have noticed that many people trying to enable such graphic mods in the game, but it doesn't work for them so I decided to share my settings.

Also I have seen that some people can change stuff in content.ggpk file, but I didn't see any content mods. Is they exist?
RU

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info