ReShade Mod by Svdeness

"
Sadeness wrote:
Also I have seen that some people can change stuff in content.ggpk file, but I didn't see any content mods. Is they exist?

If you want banned thats the way to do it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Sadeness wrote:
I understand that situation with TOS, but it applies to all games and yes - it looks strange.
Game developers never talks about this. All I know that it is safe and works fine.
I have noticed that many people trying to enable such graphic mods in the game, but it doesn't work for them so I decided to share my settings.

Also I have seen that some people can change stuff in content.ggpk file, but I didn't see any content mods. Is they exist?

Oh they exist I've seen a lot of people do it such as modifying the discharge effect but it is well illegal since it is truly modifying the files itself rather then you know an injection.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I've send message to the GGG team member. Maybe someone will leave a message here, maybe not.
RU
"
"
Sadeness wrote:
I understand that situation with TOS, but it applies to all games and yes - it looks strange.
Game developers never talks about this. All I know that it is safe and works fine.
I have noticed that many people trying to enable such graphic mods in the game, but it doesn't work for them so I decided to share my settings.

Oh they exist I've seen a lot of people do it such as modifying the discharge effect but it is well illegal since it is truly modifying the files itself rather then you know an injection.

You have known about someone banned for attempting improved graphics performance in PoE?
The game (rather GGG) does not allow a fluid play in low-end computers. GGG's stubbornness about the handling of particles only managed some users develop their own tools. I've seen pictures and videos of this tool in action and performance improvement is evident... I must admit that I have several times been tempted to use PoESmoother. If things like "graphical improvement" in this topic are allowed really, I do not see why I should not once and for all download the program and use it. Some need more and some need less. If those who need more have allowed things like ENB I do not see why those who need less not be able to use other things.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
No I have not know anyone who was banned for this mod in PoE, even in another games for almost 10 years. Well, I'm not banned.

Besides if I had not started this thread no one never find out what I'm using this mod because it's impossible to spot with any dev software because this mod uses DirectX libraries what already exist in your OS and uses by game too. So I don't understand why so much hype about this.

PoESmoother looks like a true mod that uses reworked original files. So if game does not officially support modding like this it will be not allowed by devs. Seems so. I didn't see any discussions about this tool before.
RU
Last edited by Sadeness on Feb 16, 2016, 11:36:11 AM
"
Sadeness wrote:
No I have not know anyone who was banned for this mod in PoE, even in another games for almost 10 years. Well, I'm not banned.

Besides if I had not started this thread no one never find out what I'm using this mod because it's impossible to spot with any dev software because this mod uses DirectX libraries what already exist in your OS and uses by game too. So I don't understand why so much hype about this.

PoESmoother looks like a true mod that uses reworked original files. So if game does not officially support modding like this it will be not allowed by devs. Seems so. I didn't see any discussions about this tool before.

look back to last year or late the previous one, there was a ban wave and multiple warnings for a hack which was allegedly being used to remove textures to improve performance, GGG said then that it did not matter how it was down but fucking about with the GGPK was banable and it was one that was enforced

Adding new effects whatever the method is used, is allowed, but removing is NOT.
WTH is this sjit ??!!
Damn.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Sadeness wrote:

look back to last year or late the previous one, there was a ban wave and multiple warnings for a hack which was allegedly being used to remove textures to improve performance, GGG said then that it did not matter how it was down but fucking about with the GGPK was banable and it was one that was enforced

Actually the ban wave was aimed at ppl using map hack in races.
"
mayjames wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Sadeness wrote:

Actually the ban wave was aimed at ppl using map hack in races.

Actually it wasn't, they warned people first because some were using the hack tool for the texture removal feature and overlay, some of those claims were a bullshit way to try get around a ban, the actual banwave happened a few weeks later at which point every dipstick that was still using it got banned.

Race bans handed out for hacking were done during or at the end of a race season.

Which sadly is how this thread seems to be going...excuses for wanting and if you don't get an answer it's OK, it's not.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Actually it wasn't, they warned people first because some were using the hack tool for the texture removal feature and overlay, some of those claims were a bullshit way to try get around a ban, the actual banwave happened a few weeks later at which point every dipstick that was still using it got banned.

Race bans handed out for hacking were done during or at the end of a race season.

Which sadly is how this thread seems to be going...excuses for wanting and if you don't get an answer it's OK, it's not.

So the best thing to do is to put a blanket ban on modifying the game at all. Which, is what was in place, and was the justification used for several previous ban waves regardless of what the tools were ostensibly being used for.

Yet, now we have a this which apparently has approval (which cannot be confirmed because the confirmation cannot be posted). So, naturally the question arises - Why?

There are technical differences between how this works and how pak file edits and other tools work - sweet, so clarify it.

At the moment, there is no official sanction on this mod. So, this thread should be either locked, deleted, or clarification given.

Yes, I know I am being a dick. I've reported the thread in an effort to prompt a resolution.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 16, 2016, 4:34:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info