[2.4] "The Lawn Mower™" God Tier Blade Vortex / UBER & SHAPER deathless / with video! Atlas Ready!

"
Can I attempt this build with only Shavs and no skyforth? What could be a good replacement?

It's doable yes, but it will feel like a much lesser build. Drop one blasphemy aura and most likely haste and use lioneye's paws or eye of chayula to deal with the stunlocks.
nvm
Last edited by slimemachine on Jul 1, 2016, 5:36:35 PM
Just a heads up guys I'll be doing some major testing and subsequent guide updates. Should be starting this tomorrow and going through the 5th or 6th in july for everything.

For example: min-maxing a Ranger and Scion option, record footage of each class with the same gear, updating my flask setup section. The list goes on.

Will be doing a good chunk of it on stream if you'd like to throw in your input or see how the testing is going. Really curious how far we can take Ranger Pathfinder. The possibilities =)!
Last edited by Solishaw on Jul 1, 2016, 9:13:52 PM
Assasins mark + Warlords mark and crit dmg in the 6l or life leech in the 6l an using vulnerablity with Assasins mark would give more dmg?
"
paladin199 wrote:
Assasins mark + Warlords mark and crit dmg in the 6l or life leech in the 6l an using vulnerablity with Assasins mark would give more dmg?

Crit dmg in 6l. Warlords + assassins.
IGN:Flickfrap
I've referred to this build a couple times while making my own blade vortexer on Prophecy. My passive tree is slightly different and my gem setup is as well. Was wondering a few things that I could do to improve my character now, as I feel that I've optimized it as well as I can. I've killed almost everything in the game at this point, though I have problems with Core Malachai.

Gear:

I've experimented with a few different support setups for blade vortex, and I personally found Added Fire Damage to be better than Increased Critical Damage (also tested physical to lightning in this slot). I typically will run Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Inc Duration - Spell Echo - Added Fire and then swap between Increased Area/Conc Effect for bosses. Since I have a Shavs with a white socket I can also swap in Increased Critical Damage or Life Leech with my Added Fire Damage depending on the map mods (elemental reflect, hexproof, fire resist, etc). Is there a reason why you feel Increased Critical Damage is the best support gem? I have not seen this in my time playing the character but perhaps I'm missing something. Maybe I do not have as much crit so the effect is not as good for me.

About the Skyforth boots. At this point the only real benefit I can see to using Skyforth is that it would allow me to add Haste aura and change my amulet to something besides Eye of Chayula. I don't really know if its worth it to lose that much ES and resist from my boots just to have Haste. I've decided to run Arctic Armour with my remaining mana and this seems to be a good choice overall. If I can find gloves with T1 resists then maybe I can consider swapping the boots out, and then look for an amulet with suitable stats. But I am skeptical this would really be a wise move. Especially if I also buy a Headhunter, the resist losses from belt and boots combined would be very hard to replace.

I've taken a bit more defensive route running Warlord's Mark with Assassin's Mark, along with Inc Duration on my Immortal Call for 2-3 second immortal calls. I've tried to get as much ES as possible without sacrificing any crit or aura nodes in the tree. My mana regen is currently a bit overkill at 197 but it is useful for when I am running Vaal Haste or in maps with reduced regen. I've opted to not use unique gloves as the lack of ES and resists on them was problematic. Granted it is a bit harder to find max roll rares on temp league, so maybe I am just overthinking all of this. I'm just not sure if it will be possible for me to sub in high damage uniques without going below ele weakness resist cap.

Tooltip Damage in hideout (no flasks/charges/vaal haste): http://i.imgur.com/QMLB7rJ.jpg

Defense/Resists in hideout (no charges): http://i.imgur.com/jKl9HLG.jpg

Passive Tree: poeurl.com/HKH

Sorry for the wall of text. Just looking for some outside input on what I should focus on here. Most of my gear isn't really upgradeable at this point (I'm on the look out for a better shield and gloves though), so I'm starting to feel a bit stuck. I might get a Headhunter eventually, but that's 80 ex I could spend trying to upgrade the rest of my gear, so I'm not sure if I will pursue it.

Thanks for anyone who bothers to read this :D
"
Marros wrote:
I've referred to this build a couple times while making my own blade vortexer on Prophecy. My passive tree is slightly different and my gem setup is as well. Was wondering a few things that I could do to improve my character now, as I feel that I've optimized it as well as I can. I've killed almost everything in the game at this point, though I have problems with Core Malachai.

Gear:

I've experimented with a few different support setups for blade vortex, and I personally found Added Fire Damage to be better than Increased Critical Damage (also tested physical to lightning in this slot). I typically will run Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Inc Duration - Spell Echo - Added Fire and then swap between Increased Area/Conc Effect for bosses. Since I have a Shavs with a white socket I can also swap in Increased Critical Damage or Life Leech with my Added Fire Damage depending on the map mods (elemental reflect, hexproof, fire resist, etc). Is there a reason why you feel Increased Critical Damage is the best support gem? I have not seen this in my time playing the character but perhaps I'm missing something. Maybe I do not have as much crit so the effect is not as good for me.

About the Skyforth boots. At this point the only real benefit I can see to using Skyforth is that it would allow me to add Haste aura and change my amulet to something besides Eye of Chayula. I don't really know if its worth it to lose that much ES and resist from my boots just to have Haste. I've decided to run Arctic Armour with my remaining mana and this seems to be a good choice overall. If I can find gloves with T1 resists then maybe I can consider swapping the boots out, and then look for an amulet with suitable stats. But I am skeptical this would really be a wise move. Especially if I also buy a Headhunter, the resist losses from belt and boots combined would be very hard to replace.

I've taken a bit more defensive route running Warlord's Mark with Assassin's Mark, along with Inc Duration on my Immortal Call for 2-3 second immortal calls. I've tried to get as much ES as possible without sacrificing any crit or aura nodes in the tree. My mana regen is currently a bit overkill at 197 but it is useful for when I am running Vaal Haste or in maps with reduced regen. I've opted to not use unique gloves as the lack of ES and resists on them was problematic. Granted it is a bit harder to find max roll rares on temp league, so maybe I am just overthinking all of this. I'm just not sure if it will be possible for me to sub in high damage uniques without going below ele weakness resist cap.

Tooltip Damage in hideout (no flasks/charges/vaal haste): http://i.imgur.com/QMLB7rJ.jpg

Defense/Resists in hideout (no charges): http://i.imgur.com/jKl9HLG.jpg

Passive Tree: poeurl.com/HKH

Sorry for the wall of text. Just looking for some outside input on what I should focus on here. Most of my gear isn't really upgradeable at this point (I'm on the look out for a better shield and gloves though), so I'm starting to feel a bit stuck. I might get a Headhunter eventually, but that's 80 ex I could spend trying to upgrade the rest of my gear, so I'm not sure if I will pursue it.

Thanks for anyone who bothers to read this :D

Pretty slow cast speed so you probably don't need nearly as much regen. Also as far as I can see, (although maybe I'm missing something) you only have 54% crit and don't use power charges. If you had skyforths or some other form of charge generation and/or were crit capped, crit multi gem would be more beneficial than added fire. Otherwise looks pretty solid brutha.

My only advice if you are planning on keeping current gem setup and ES rares to maximize survivability, would be to get more cast speed. Personally I use Es/regen/attack/cast speed on all my jewels. Lost a few k tooltip when I swapped from spell/multi/regen jewels but you'd be surprised how much quicker and safer you feel w 20+ stack at all times. Also even though the tooltip would be slightly lower in reality you are doing more damage per second by a good margin. Cheers n good luck
I do run 5 power charges, I generate them from Assassin's Mark and Assassin ascendancy as well. Here is my tooltip dps with full charges and buffs (with inc aoe gem)

Added Fire: http://i.imgur.com/ihSVRYZ.jpg

Crit Multi: http://i.imgur.com/AcZVeRE.jpg

While the crit multi gem provides slightly more tooltip dps, this is only true when flasks are up (which granted is most of the time), and the increase is minor. The fire damage helps out in elemental equilibrium maps, adds extra burning damage that won't show in tooltip, and decreases mana cost of blade vortex by 7. I believe you are correct that if I had more crit, then the crit multi gem would be better all the time. I just don't see how I can swap both my gloves and boots out for Maligaros/Skyforth and still meet resist caps.

You are right that I have too much mana regen. I'm currently trying to get a shield with spell crit, all res and an open suffix for cast speed, but the market is somewhat limited so who knows when one will appear for sale. My dagger and ring with mana regen aren't really worth replacing as they fulfill many other needs for me and it would be hard. I will probably take 2 points out of mana nodes in the tree and grab an extra jewel slot to get some more crit and cast speed.
Last edited by Marros on Jul 4, 2016, 12:48:16 AM
Would pledge of hands work with this ? Or is it to Hard to Gear Arround that ?
"
Marros wrote:
I do run 5 power charges, I generate them from Assassin's Mark and Assassin ascendancy as well. Here is my tooltip dps with full charges and buffs (with inc aoe gem)

Added Fire: http://i.imgur.com/ihSVRYZ.jpg

Crit Multi: http://i.imgur.com/AcZVeRE.jpg

While the crit multi gem provides slightly more tooltip dps, this is only true when flasks are up (which granted is most of the time), and the increase is minor. The fire damage helps out in elemental equilibrium maps, adds extra burning damage that won't show in tooltip, and decreases mana cost of blade vortex by 7. I believe you are correct that if I had more crit, then the crit multi gem would be better all the time. I just don't see how I can swap both my gloves and boots out for Maligaros/Skyforth and still meet resist caps.

You are right that I have too much mana regen. I'm currently trying to get a shield with spell crit, all res and an open suffix for cast speed, but the market is somewhat limited so who knows when one will appear for sale. My dagger and ring with mana regen aren't really worth replacing as they fulfill many other needs for me and it would be hard. I will probably take 2 points out of mana nodes in the tree and grab an extra jewel slot to get some more crit and cast speed.

Ah yes, sorry for missing assassins. Posting from my phone so it's kind of annoying lol.

Yeah I mean your gear is fine. Upgrades would be fairly costly. It all depends on what you have and are willing to spend currency wise. Since you have power charges covered unless you are trying to fit another aura I'd say don't worry about skyforths. Keep up the good work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info