[2.2] Thor, the Lightning God (Life double Arc/Storm call Mjolner / Triple Curse / HC and SC)

"
Arachnéa wrote:
I took a look at your tree and yeah if you feel the third curse is not needed you can remove the skill points and even grab flask nodes from witch area. Flasks nodes really helps for high end game content (more duration and effect). Or you can focus on more jewel and endu charge ofc.

I still feel that playing triple curse in softcore is the best option though. Using ele weakness and conductivity lower so much mobs resistances. Even RF will deal great dmg with ele weakness :D.

Thanks for answer =)

As i plan to buy a vinktar flask i probably go for flask node.

Fly safe
Planning on doing a rework of the SC section. Probably suggest the highest DPS option possible : Going Arc + Discharge with 6 power charges. Combine that with ele weak + conduct + EE + RF + lightning penetration and you'll probably get the highest DPS for a non crit Mjolner build.
"
Arachnéa wrote:
Planning on doing a rework of the SC section. Probably suggest the highest DPS option possible : Going Arc + Discharge with 6 power charges. Combine that with ele weak + conduct + EE + RF + lightning penetration and you'll probably get the highest DPS for a non crit Mjolner build.

I guess it gona take to just add Romira's banquet? + the endurance charge from warlord and frenzy from BR that can be good. But how do you plan to get 6 power charge without hudge respec?
I will respec my end charges and use them for power charges (2 from tree and one from bandits). That'll make 6 power charges 4 endu and 3 frenzy when clearing.
We don't really need other charges then power charges because our dmg scaling is based around lightning dmg.
I plan to use a funny fully unique gear setup (adding doedre's scorn, Alberon's warpath and romira's banquet to the actual gear setup) and maximize as hard as I can the DPS.:P
Last edited by Arachnéa on Apr 1, 2016, 11:04:50 AM
So I've taken the HC regen build and I'm thinking the Doedre's is kind of a wasted slot.

What would you replace it with?

Perhaps something that could mana leech better and help in other areas or failing that, I can get a jewel to leech mana and find a ring that would benefit the build better in a different way.

Any ideas?
First of all, thank you for an awesome build.
I'm having the most fun I've had in this game so far (as a relatively new player) with this build!

Currently running this build, but as a Scion with inquisitor / Pathfinder ascendancy.
Haven't tried the build as a templar yet, but as a scion this is very viable.

Flask uptime is awesome with pathfinder nodes.

Going to test out some variations of this build, like dropping RF completely and going DW for extra attackspeed and so on (with tri-curse). Don't know if it will work, or if it will ruin the build completely, but it's fun to experiment with this build. Extremely versatile and I love the fact that it is a mjölner build without discharge. I can actually play mjölner without my computer's GPU burning to pieces.

Again, thanks for an awesome build!

Last edited by Kekebeist on Apr 2, 2016, 5:35:23 AM
Hey, thanks for the build. I'm a returning player that haven't played PoE for a long time and I have a few questions.

First of all, is it necessarily better to use double arc + lightning penetration than triple arc or double arc + spark?

Also, what about end-game content? Which map tiers is this build able to handle? All the way up to 15? I'm having problems with my resists atm and with all those unique items I just don't know where to get lightning resists :< Any advice?
"
dahbtn wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build. I'm a returning player that haven't played PoE for a long time and I have a few questions.

First of all, is it necessarily better to use double arc + lightning penetration than triple arc or double arc + spark?

Also, what about end-game content? Which map tiers is this build able to handle? All the way up to 15? I'm having problems with my resists atm and with all those unique items I just don't know where to get lightning resists :< Any advice?

I didn't do the math for triple Arc but yeah if it's better to use lightning penetration because you need to lower mobs mitigations in order to deal decent damage (specially vs rare mobs and bosses).

For the end game content, I was able to do tier 15 last league but I was in SC. The only real issue is ele ref. But for for really high map (t14-15) you will probably need to use RF to kill boss so vuln, no reg, and -60% regen are not advised.

As for the resists, you should use jewel to make them higher. 7% life and dual res are advised. Maybe even remove IC from CWDT to have endurance charges up all the time if you're struggling.
Last edited by Arachnéa on Apr 3, 2016, 2:14:35 AM
Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to stick with that double arc + lightning pen. I'm also glad to hear that you managed to do some T15 maps, in that case I guess I'm going to play as an Inquisitor as my main character.

Also, I totally forgot about resists in jewels and used only HP ones lol... I need to buy some from poe.trade and I guess I'll be good to go. Thx once again!

Edit: I bought 4 jewels on poe.trade and now I have my resists maxed out! It's going great :D
Last edited by dahbtn on Apr 3, 2016, 6:41:16 AM
Just a newb question... when buying Mjolner, rolls are unimportant, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info