[2.2] Thor, the Lightning God (Life double Arc/Storm call Mjolner / Triple Curse / HC and SC)

I did the math and you could use 3 curses + Arctic armour but you'd need to use Enlighten gem level 3 for this. Still it'd be a great offense/defense option.

Warlord's mark + enfeeble + temp chain + arctic armour for HC
Warlord's mark + conductivity + ele weak + arctic armour for SC

Gotta try this in my standard char.

Ugh current cost in Perandus HC : 5 ex lol.
Last edited by Arachnéa on Mar 25, 2016, 3:26:57 AM
"
hekaria wrote:
which of the possible mods would you recommend on the vessel of vinktar?

possible variants[1], chosen randomly when the item is dropped:

Adds (15–70 to 25–90) Lightning Damage to Spells during Flask effect
Adds (25–105 to 35–130) Lightning Damage to Attack during Flask effect
Damage Penetrates 10% Lightning Resistance during Flask effect
20% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning during Flask effect

edit 1:

another question

do we profitate of "lightning damage to attacks"?

or would attack speed on your 2nd ring be better?

The best option for Vessel of Vinktar is the 10% lightning penetration one. We already deal nice raw dmg so we need every lightning res penetration we can get.

And no, lightning damage to attacks don't work with spells. Actually we don't want to have lightning dmg on attacks because we use EE.
Updated skills setup (again).

For the HC version I decided to maximize defenses :

I chose to use Arctic Armour instead of Purity of fire and use RF only vs bosses or high life mobs. Arctic Armor is really good defensively for the build since it give phys and fire mitigation, plus the chilled ground and chills mobs when they hit you.

I added Molten Shell in the CWDT setup and will have to test if Tempest Shield could be better (allow us to block not only phys but also elemental attacks).

Also, I found a really really nice pair of boots for 20c. They give 1.5% life and mana regen when you've been hit recently.

When I'll get my last 2 ascendancy points (the consecrated ground ones). I'll certainly beat the 1K life regen per second on a ~6k life pool.
"
Arachnéa wrote:
Updated skills setup (again).

For the HC version I decided to maximize defenses :

I chose to use Arctic Armour instead of Purity of fire and use RF only vs bosses or high life mobs. Arctic Armor is really good defensively for the build since it give phys and fire mitigation, plus the chilled ground and chills mobs when they hit you.

I added Molten Shell in the CWDT setup and will have to test if Tempest Shield could be better (allow us to block not only phys but also elemental attacks).

Also, I found a really really nice pair of boots for 20c. They give 1.5% life and mana regen when you've been hit recently.

When I'll get my last 2 ascendancy points (the consecrated ground ones). I'll certainly beat the 1K life regen per second on a ~6k life pool.

I will be lvl 90 later and will do some testing by myself with tempest shield.

On jewels I would recommend getting ones with (max life - atk speed - inc attack speed with maces).

"attack speed with maces" can roll up to 8 %, whereas pure "attack speed" can roll only up to 5 %. "attack speed with one handed melee weapons" can also roll higher than pure "attack speed".

How do you getto 6.4 or 6k life? I am sitting around 5.7 k life. I mean i could get more life nodes, but then i have to sacrifice other points like "skittering runes. Atm (level 89) I am trying to get to alchemist. Maybe you can have a look on my gear and my passive skills.

Also I do have one more question. I have 2 pair of boots.

The first one has "life leech" and mana leech and the second one has more life (as you can see on the picture).

Is the life leech worth the life sacrifice?
Hey mate, just dropped in to say nice build. I've borrowed the spine of your tree and used it for a max block Glad in an attempt to get away from the boring EQ Varanustra builds that plague the duelist forum at the moment. I have a few questions if i could bounce them off you.

Because I've gone max block/spell block i don't feel i need to run enfeeble. This frees up another aura slot. At the moment im running wrath but I'd like to get some other opinions. This is what im thinking:

- Run wrath and free up my ring slot
- Run elemental weakness and get the double -res for molten + Mjolner

Because i can't go deep in the witch side like you did, im relying on the second aura and elemental nodes around templar for dmg. If I run wrath, should i go with LS instead of molten? Or would the damage difference be negligible?
So my choices as i see them are:
- ele weakness + molten strike + EE
- Wrath + Lightning strike no EE

Thanks for feedback in advance
Last edited by Mastodonic on Mar 26, 2016, 1:09:48 AM
You don't need any dmg for molten strike / Lightning strike. Those are just to proc you skills in Mjölner.

I'd recommand in your case using Warlord's mark and :
  • Conductivity + Herald of Thunder. With that setup you get raw dmg fro herald, another lightning res diminution and more chance to shock.
  • Conductivity + Ele weaknees if you can bear 3 curses. I think this will be the more dmg you'd get. -100% to lightning res + EE + ~50% lightning penetration.

@hekaria : For your boots I think the life/mana leech is not needed so you should keep the ones with more life. When I said 6k life pool it's of course when I'll reach my lvl 94 goal. I'm only 5k atm with lvl 76.
Last edited by Arachnéa on Mar 26, 2016, 3:37:13 AM
Used ur guide, at 83 killed Atziri just as planned. Playing in soft core, coz have no balls (joking).
I really need some help to get the last levels before I can respec into Mjölner. I am at lvl 63 right now, tooltip dps of 2800 with spark, 1200 totem. Using Reverberation rod with a shield in offhand. The shield because I was taking way to much damage for my liking.

Work decently so far up until I hit Act 3 merciless. Nothing is dying. I am trying to boost the damage of spark but my mana can't handle it even with a +2 mana on hit jewel.

I can boost it to around 3200 if I remove herald of thunder and use a faster casting gem, but still, mana is a problem. Where do I go from here to boost my leveling?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci9UUp4gCOk

Lab is pretty easy with this build ... Although I took some big hits more hp and mitigation would cool, fortify on molten strike would help alot. (but would require a 6 link)

Last edited by sklipnoty on Mar 26, 2016, 9:12:19 PM
"
n86eal wrote:
I really need some help to get the last levels before I can respec into Mjölner. I am at lvl 63 right now, tooltip dps of 2800 with spark, 1200 totem. Using Reverberation rod with a shield in offhand. The shield because I was taking way to much damage for my liking.

Work decently so far up until I hit Act 3 merciless. Nothing is dying. I am trying to boost the damage of spark but my mana can't handle it even with a +2 mana on hit jewel.

I can boost it to around 3200 if I remove herald of thunder and use a faster casting gem, but still, mana is a problem. Where do I go from here to boost my leveling?

When I did my respec to Mjolner I was using Spark + Pierce + Controlled Destruction in the Reverberation Rod. I also had Wrath and HoT auras.

My damage was really sufficent for what I can remember. Pierce really helps for both clearing and single target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info