[2.2] Thor, the Lightning God (Life double Arc/Storm call Mjolner / Triple Curse / HC and SC)

I am the God Thor,
I am the War God,
I am the Thunderer!
Here in my Northland,
My fastness and fortress,
Reign I forever!
Here amid icebergs
Rule I the nations;
This is my hammer,
Miölner the mighty;
Giants and sorcerers
Cannot withstand it!

Force rules the world still,
Has ruled it, shall rule it;
Meekness is weakness,
Strength is triumphant,
Over the whole earth
Still is it Thor's Day!

Introduction

PLEASE READ THE HC SECTION TO UNDERSTAND THE BUILD.

I'd like to share a build I've been working on since Talisman League started. I've been wanting to make a viable high end game build with double arc Mjolner for a long time now. The main issue was the single target. It seems that double arc already have a really decent single target DPS. You can replace it for double storm call (specially for atziri's split phase) which deals nice single targer dmg.

This build can be used with many lightning skills (Arc, Storm call, Spark, Ball Lightning) you can try whatever you like but until now my favorite is Arc.

My goal is to push it to Uber at the end of HC Perandus and see if I can survive this. :p

Please feel free to post any comments and improvements idea you have.

Build notes
Spoiler
01/02/2016 : Added the build. Need to post the leveling tree (before going Mjholner). Still wondering if EE is a good option for the single target combo (since Vaal Sark hits the boss VERY often, maybe the Molten Strike's EE procs don't have that much effect.

03/02/2016 : Remade the skill section and added some more explanations. Still need to add leveling trees and the jewel section. Swapped flame dash for increased duration.

05/02/2016 : Tree update : I respeced Breath of Lightning nodes because we already have shock applied with Vinktar for 2*8 sec so we don't really need the shock chance and duration from those nodes. I used those 4 points to take the jew socket next to Whispers of Doom and one life and chaos resistance node. Doing that gives us one jew socket, 4% increased maximum life and +4% chaos res. Our damage is reduced by 12% and can be largely offset by the jew (7% life, 10% attack speed for less than 10c on poe.trade).

09/02/16 : Redid leveling trees. Changed my skill setup (3L CWDT setup and 4L Vaal Spark now). Added screenshot and jewel sections.

15/02/16 : Splitted the build topic in two version. One would likely be HC viable (despite the lag). The other version is less life, more DPS (SC oriented).

08/03/16 : Updated trees for all versions (currently playing the HC one in Perandus league)

08/03/16 : Redid skill setups in HC parts. Changed the single target setup to Orb of Storm one

16/03/2016 : Reworked skills setups and the tree. Able now tu sustain RF/BR easily.

20/03/2016 : SC part update started. Trees and skills setup are up to date..

21/03/2016 : Updated leveling trees for HC according to my experience in Perandus HC. Added a leveling tips section.

25/04/2016 : Added a section for the Champion version of the build. Must go all the way to progression trees so it proably will take a moment until the section is fully updated.

FAQ
Spoiler

• How do you deal with reflect ?
    Elemental reflect on maps is simply not doable. It was already hard when using legacy Vinktar with insta leech because you needed to have it up all the time.

VS ele ref mobs it dangerous but not real rippy. The really bad combo is invul mob + ele ref mob, taht will kill you.

Life gain on hit + leech helps not being insta killed but you should pay attention to those mobs.

Ascendancy class choice
Spoiler
My choice for HC Ascendancy class would be the Champion
  • Normal difficutly : Unstoppable Hero on our way to perma fortify
  • Cruel difficulty : Fortitude You have Fortify.
  • Merciless difficulty : Inspirational Dmg and movement speed

My choice for SC Ascendancy class would be the Inquisitor

• Normal difficutly : Augury of Penitence gives you ele mitigation and extra 10% more ele dmg.
  • Cruel difficulty : Instrument of Virtue is perfect for Mjolner, you get 10% attack speed and 20% increased spell dmg everytime you attack for 4 sec, and by that I mean all the time.
  • Merciless difficulty Sanctify would give you 0.5% life reg + consecrated ground. Those nodes give extra survivability and will help sustaining RF/BR more easily.

Enchantments choices
Spoiler

Gloves :

Boots : Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently. This is great for long boss fights.
Regenerate X% of life and mana per second if you were hit recently. Helps sustaining RF/BR

Helmet :
Many choices are possible. I don't know what is the best atm :
  • - 3 additional Molten Strike Projectiles
  • - 40% Increased Arc damage
  • - Blood Rage grants additional 12% increased Attack Speed
  • - 30% chance for Immortal Call to not consume Endurance Charges
  • - Arc chains an additional 3 times
  • - 150% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Stone Golems[/i]

My first choice in HC would be additional projectiels for Molten Strike (more hits = more DPS and life gained). The IC buff can be awesome in boss fights though.

Leveling tips :
Spoiler

I recommand leveling with spark + flame totem. Spark is nice for both clearing and single target and flame totem gives decoy and single target boost.
Use dual lifesprig at first and switch one lifesprig for reverberation rod.

Use HoT + HoI + Arctic armour (with auras nodes you should have only 66% reserved). Once you have more mana you should replace HoI for Wrath. This will bring you to 88% reserved but you should be able to sustain it by this time.

Really nice uniques that will help a lot (you can even keep them until lvl 66) :
  • Lifesprig (price ~2-4c) : +1 spell gems, spell dmg, cast speed, life and some life regen when a spell is used.
  • Reverberation rod (price ~1-2c) : +1 gems and spell echo early on.
  • Goldrim (price ~2-4c) : 30+% all res will solve all your resistance issues.
  • Wanderlust (price ~1c) : 20% mov speed. Cannot be frozen. Mana regen. What more could we ask for ?
  • Blackheart (price ~1 alc) : Life, some chaos dmg and chance to flee. They are very good for starters.
  • Asenath's gentle touch (price ~1fuse) : Life, mana, int and Curse enemies on hit with temp chain. You will curse every mobs with your sparks and flame totem.

High regen/RF version (HC ready)
Spoiler

This version can sustain RF and BR. You'll have 900+ life regeneration and 6.4k life at lvl 94.

Highligths
Spoiler

• Mjolner double Arc - Light Pen (43% Lightning penetration, 56% with Vinktar + Flasks nodes
  • 5+ APS
  • Dual curse blaphemy
  • Righteous Fire/BR sustainable
  • 6k+ Life
  • Near 1k life regen all the time
  • 600 Str Iron Will
  • 7 endu Charges
  • 4+ secs Immortal Call
  • 7 jew socket
  • Fortify and blind
  • 88/75/75 resistances (96/83/83 with flasks)
  • 2*10 seconds Onslaught with Chemist's silver flask of adrenaline

Gameplay videos

Screenshots
Spoiler

Normal defenses
Spoiler

Defenses with charges (without flasks)
Spoiler

Arc Damage (not relevant)
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

My current gear in Perandus HC :

Weapon : Mjolner of course, it's our damage dealer and it knows how to do the job. If you feel like it you can even grab a corrupted one with "socketed gems are supported by level X stun" and get 35% reduced stun thresold on your double Arc setup. With Repentance you'd get 5L attack damage gem setup (Arc - Arc - Light Pen - Iron Will - Stun).
Amulet : Astramentis gives us attributes, dex for blood rage/temp chain, str and int for Mjolner an Repentance. With that amu and the tree we just need a bit of dex to get lvl 17 blood rage
Rings : +2 mana on hit Doedres's Damning. It simply solves all of our mana problems and alow us to have 93% of mana reserved. If you struggle to find one, just grab a +2 mana on hit jewel Other ring is, as usual, Str, life and res.
Gloves : Repentance since we have high Strength, it gives Iron will on all our skills, meaning 4L Mjolner, 5L Orb of Storms.
Boots : 30% Mov Speed, Str, Life, and some res
Belt : The Retch, 60% increased flasks duration, 200% of life leeched returned to enemies as chaos dmg.
Helm : Str, Life, res
Shield : You need Rise of The Phoenix to be able to sustain RF easily. If you can afford a +1 to socketed gems it would be a great upgrade. The only issue is that you will need GGB sockets on it so using Vorici's bench with Vaal orbs could be a little expensive.

My thoughts about The Retch synergy
After thinking for several days about that mod : 200% of life leech applies to enemies as chaos damage. I've come to this conclusion (please tell me if my thoughts are wrong) :
The leech only applies if we AREN'T full life. Meaning you need to have something dealing dmg to you all the timefor this mod to apply all the time. Here comes blood rage ! Our life is NEVER at full even if we have higher life regen than the 4% degen of it.
So, with RF or BR it should apply all the time. Add to that thing Vintkar Flask, it makes 60ish% MORE dmg applied as chaos dmg to enemies while the flask is up.

It seems that the leech mod is applied only for the difference between your current life and your max life. It means that even with BR or RF up and insta leech, you will only deal low dmg from this mod since you will leech a small amount of life. It can be strong for tougher situations though. With insta leech that mod could be read as follows : "200% of dmg taken applies to enemies as chaos damage".

Jewels
Spoiler
My current jewels :

Mods we're looking for :
7% Life > Resistances/Attack speed > Damage
If you don't wanna search for a +2 mana on hit Doedre's Damning you can grad a +2 mana on hit jewel, it'll work just fine (Thanks Saedeas for the hint).

Skills
Spoiler
3L Mjolner : Arc - Arc - (Quality)Light penetration or 2*Storm Call - (Quality)Light pen for Atziri
Best clear speed and decent single target, you can virtualy add Iron Will from Repentance and even lvl 6 Stun from Mjöner corruption. That makes a 5L setup in mjolner.

3L GGB Shield (+1 to socketed gems is awesome) : (Quality)Rigtheous Fire - Enhance - (Quality)Blood Rage This our DPS burst, quality on RF and BR give use increased dmg and increased attack speed

4L/5L/6L : Molten Strike - Multistrike - (Quality)GMP - (Quality)Faster Attacks - (Quality)Life Gain On Hit - Lightning Strike (for clearing) or Blind (for bosses)
The usual 4L/5L combo with mjolner, I prefer using Molten strike with a 5L because you need need single target skill and also because it procs EE. Once you have 6L you can add LS and use both molten strike and LS for clearing maps. Blind is a great help vs bosses because even with only 10% chance to blind, we deal so many hits with molten strike that boss will be perma blinded. The main issue with LS is our EE Keystone, but it is still enough to wreck normal/magic mobs and hurt quite a bit rare ones. For tougher ones just use Molten Strike

4L : Leap slam - (Quality)Fortify - (Quality)Faster attacks - Enduring Cry
Our movement skill, it'll help you get out of tough situations and put fortify to lower dmg. Arctic Armour is used for clearing, and you can use Purity of Fire for using RF vs bosses.

4L : (Quality)Blasphemy - (Quality)Warlord's Mark - (Quality)Enfeeble - Arctic Armour/Purity of fire
or Purity of Fire - Purity of Lightning - Purity of Ice - Flame Dash
Warlord mark for endu charges, leech and stun, enfeeble because we play HC and it synergize well with Blind. Around lvl 80ish and with the life regen enchant you should be able to sustain RF/BR without purity of fire against bosses. SInce it's the only real moment we need RF Purity of fire is not needed anymore.
Hint : For curse immune map you can swap curses for otherPurities (lightning and ice) to get more elemental mitigation.

Why using blasphemy curses instead of auras ?
1) You will have to go melee at some point so blasphemy will perma curse every mobs around you. Meaning every mobs able to melee hit you will be enfeebled and warlorded (just invented those two word).
2) Curses applied with Blasphemy cannot be reflected, aka triple curses on Atziri without any reflection problem.

4L : CWDT (high lvl if not max lvl) - Molten Shell/Tempest Shield - Stone Golem Golem - Immortal Call
We use high lvl CWDT in order to have endu charges up often, nice flat life regen, and long immortal call. Endu charges refill while IC is still up most of the time.

Flasks
Spoiler

Taste of Hate + 10% light pen Vinktar + Grounding Ruby Flask + The Retch + Flask nodes = +13%max res, 39% of phys dmg taken as cold, 39% on lightning dmg insta leeched, +13% lightning penetration. All that for 2*8 sec duration.
Also, we have 2*10sec silver flask + 15% mov speed from The Retch.
Last is usual Seething Divine Flask of Staunching for insta life and bleeding removal.

Vessel of Vinktar is now not essential for the build because the insta leech waas removed. If you cannot afford Taste of Hate just grab basalt flask of iron skin. You will also need shock removal mods from one of your flasks.

Passives tree
Spoiler

Leveling : First phase. Self cast spark + flame totem

33 points Templar area

54 points Witch area first part

73 points Scion area

90 points Marauder area

Leveling : Second phase. Mjölner time (Respec, remove auras and take blasphemy

90 points Respec Light of Divinity, Righteous Decree, Precision and Retribution. Grab Resolute Technique and Elemental Equilibrium

115 points Duelist area and more life regen

121 skills points (level 100 char) Two more jew socket and some regen nodes

Keystones
Spoiler
Elemental Equilibrium : I use EE because since there is no Wrath/HoT aura on us, I deal only Phys/Fire Dmg with Molten Strike so it's extra 50% dmg on single target.

Resolute Technique : Need it to get 100% accuracy to max Mjolner procs

Deal with the bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak (+40 base life)
Cruel: Kill all (1 passive skill point)
Merciless: Help Oak (+1 max endurance charge)

Passive skill tree breakdown
Spoiler
+383 to Strength
+44 to Dexterity
+203 to Intelligence
+141,5 to maximum Mana
+325,5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 56
+6 to Maximum Endurance Charges
+3 to Maximum Frenzy Charges
+3 to Maximum Power Charges
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
4% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% More Damage per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
105% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
158% increased maximum Life
5% increased maximum Mana
11,2% of Life Regenerated per second
56% increased Armour
10% increased maximum Energy Shield
64% increased Elemental Damage
+20% to all Elemental Resistances
10% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
+7 Jewel Socket
36% increased Endurance Charge Duration
Damage Penetrates 2% Fire Resistance
Damage Penetrates 2% Cold Resistance
Damage Penetrates 5% Lightning Resistance
25% increased Damage against Frozen, Shocked or Ignited Enemies
13% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras you Cast
+12% to Chaos Resistance
12% increased Radius of Aura Skills
14% reduced Mana Reserved
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
0,2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
+1% to maximum Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance
4% increased Melee Attack Speed
+20 to Accuracy Rating
34% increased Melee Physical Damage
71% increased Lightning Damage
20% increased Effect of your Curses
10% increased Cast Speed for Curses
20% increased Stun Threshold
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements
30% increased effect of Flasks
12% increased Flask effect duration
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
12% increased Attack Speed
20% increased Accuracy Rating
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
41% increased maximum Energy Shield from Intelligence
77% increased Melee Physical Damage from Strength
+88 Accuracy Rating
9% increased Evasion Rating from Dexterity
24% Additional Elemental Resistance with all Endurance Charges
24% Physical Damage Reduction with all Endurance Charges
12% Attack Speed Increase with all Frenzy Charges
12% Cast Speed Increase with all Frenzy Charges
12% More Damage with all Frenzy Charges
150% Critical Strike Chance Increase with all Power Charges
1,2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second with all Endurance Charges

Champion Duelist : High mitigation / regen (HC ready)
Spoiler

This version use every kind of mitigation available at the expense of some damage.

Highligths
Spoiler

• Mjolner double Arc - Light Pen (43% Lightning penetration, 56% with Vinktar + Flasks nodes
  • 5+ APS
  • Enfeeble / Warlord's mark blaphemy
  • Arctic Armour and perma Fortify
  • Lightnign strike for clearing. Blind for high attack damage bosses. LMP for max Life gain on hit.
  • Vaal grace for even more dmg avoidance
  • Uses RF only for tough short bosses
  • 6k+ Life
  • Near 1k life regen all the time
  • 600 Str Iron Will
  • 7 endu Charges
  • 4+ secs Immortal Call
  • 7 jew socket
  • 84/79/79 resistances more with flasks
  • Very high movement speed

Gameplay videos
Spoiler

Screenshots
Spoiler

Normal defenses
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

My current gear in Perandus HC :

Weapon : Mjolner of course, it's our damage dealer and it knows how to do the job. If you feel like it you can even grab a corrupted one with "socketed gems are supported by level X stun" and get 35% reduced stun thresold on your double Arc setup. With Repentance you'd get 5L attack damage gem setup (Arc - Arc - Light Pen - Iron Will - Stun).
Amulet : Astramentis gives us attributes, dex for blood rage/temp chain, str and int for Mjolner an Repentance. With that amu and the tree we just need a bit of dex to get lvl 17 blood rage
Rings : +2 mana on hit Doedres's Damning. It simply solves all of our mana problems. If you struggle to find one, just grab a +2 mana on hit jewel Other ring is, as usual, Str, life and res.
Gloves : Repentance since we have high Strength, it gives Iron will on all our skills, meaning 4L Mjolner.
Boots : 30% Mov Speed, Str, Life, and some res
Belt : The Retch, 60% increased flasks duration, 200% of life leeched returned to enemies as chaos dmg.
Helm : Str, Life, res
Shield : We use Safell's Frame for the +4 to all max res and the spell block. Safell's makes ele ref / invuln mobs combo safe. I wouldn't try ele ref mobs since we don't have insta leech. If you can afford a +1 to socketed gems it would be a great upgrade. The only issue is that you will need GGB sockets on it so using Vorici's bench with Vaal orbs could be a little expensive.

Skills
Spoiler
3L Mjolner : 2*Arc or 2*Storm Call for Atziri - (Quality)Light penetration
Best clear speed and decent single target, you can virtualy add Iron Will from Repentance and even lvl 6 Stun from Mjöner corruption. That makes a 5L setup in mjolner.

3L GGB Shield (+1 to socketed gems is awesome) : (Quality)Rigtheous Fire - Enhance - (Quality)Blood Rage This our DPS burst, quality on RF and BR give use increased dmg and increased attack speed

4L/5L/6L : Molten Strike - Multistrike - (Quality)GMP - (Quality)Faster Attacks - (Quality)Life Gain On Hit - Lightning Strike (for clearing) or Blind (for high attack dmg bosses) or LMP for max life gain on hit
The usual 4L/5L combo with mjolner, I prefer using Molten strike with a 5L because you need need single target skill and also because it procs EE. Once you have 6L you can add LS and use both molten strike and LS for clearing maps. Blind is a great help vs bosses because even with only 10% chance to blind, we deal so many hits with molten strike that boss will be perma blinded. The main issue with LS is our EE Keystone, but it is still enough to wreck normal/magic mobs and hurt quite a bit rare ones. For tougher ones just use Molten Strike

4L : Leap slam - (Quality)Faster attacks - Vaal Grace - Enduring Cry
Our movement skill, it'll help you get out of tough situations and put fortify to lower dmg. Arctic Armour is used for clearing, and you can use Purity of Fire for using RF vs bosses.

4L : (Quality)Blasphemy - (Quality)Warlord's Mark - (Quality)Enfeeble - Arctic Armour/Purity of fire
or Purity of Fire - Purity of Lightning - Purity of Ice - Flame Dash
Warlord mark for endu charges, leech and stun, enfeeble because we play HC and it synergize well with Blind. Around lvl 80ish and with the life regen enchant you should be able to sustain RF/BR without purity of fire against bosses. SInce it's the only real moment we need RF Purity of fire is not needed anymore.
Hint : For curse immune map you can swap curses for otherPurities (lightning and ice) to get more elemental mitigation.

4L : CWDT (high lvl if not max lvl) - Molten Shell - Stone Golem Golem - Immortal Call
We use high lvl CWDT in order to have endu charges up often, nice flat life regen, and long immortal call. Endu charges refill while IC is still up most of the time.

Flasks
Spoiler

High res, phys mitigation, movement speed. Not too much to say about flasks.
Last is usual Seething Divine Flask of Staunching for insta life and bleeding removal.

Vessel of Vinktar is now not essential for the build because the insta leech waas removed. If you cannot afford Taste of Hate just grab basalt flask of iron skin. You will also need shock removal mods from one of your flasks.

Passives tree
Spoiler

Only the 115 point tree is updated for now, the rest is still in progress.

Leveling : First phase. Self cast spark + flame totem

33 points

54 points

73 points

90 points

Leveling : Second phase. Mjölner time (Respec, remove auras and take blasphemy

90 points

115 points

121 skills points (level 100 char)

Keystones
Spoiler
Elemental Equilibrium : I use EE because since there is no Wrath/HoT aura on us, I deal only Phys/Fire Dmg with Molten Strike so it's extra 50% dmg on single target.

Resolute Technique : Need it to get 100% accuracy to max Mjolner procs

Deal with the bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak (+40 base life)
Cruel: Kill all (1 passive skill point)
Merciless: Help Oak (+1 max endurance charge)

Spoiler
+383 to Strength
+44 to Dexterity
+203 to Intelligence
+141,5 to maximum Mana
+325,5 to maximum Life
105% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
158% increased maximum Life
5% increased maximum Mana
11,2% of Life Regenerated per second
56% increased Armour
10% increased maximum Energy Shield
64% increased Elemental Damage
+7 Jewel Socket
+12% to Chaos Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance
+20 to Accuracy Rating
20% increased Effect of your Curses
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements
+88 Accuracy Rating

High DPS version (SC ready)
Spoiler

This version uses RF only vs bosses. For clearing map you have triple curse and BR and it is enough to clear maps decently.

Gameplay videos
Spoiler

Main difference between life and DPS version
Spoiler

• Triple curse blaphemy : Warlord's mark - Elemental weakness - Conductivity
  • Uses RF only for bosses
  • 11.2% life regen -> 9.7% life regen
  • 84/75/75 resistances (92/83/83 with flasks)
  • In other terms -> less life regen, more DPS

Screenshots
Spoiler

Normal defenses
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Skills modifications
Spoiler

We just use 3 curses blaphemy instead of 2 curses + purity of fire.

4L : (Quality on all gems) Blasphemy - Warlord's mark - Elemental weakness - Conductivity
Warlord's is still mandatory for leech and endu charge. Ele weak + conduct give -100% to lightning res on mobs. Combined with EE and Lightning penetration I let you imagine how insane that can be.

Passives trees
Spoiler

Leveling : First phase. Self cast arc/spark (using triple curse asap)

30 points Templar area

64 points Witch area

78 points Scion nodes

94 points Marauder area

Leveling : Second phase. Mjölner time

94 points Respec Light of Divinity, Righteous Decree and Sanctity. Grab RT and Shaper

115 points Elemental Equilibrium and Duelist area

121 skills points (level 100 char) Two more jew socket and Potency of Will

Spoiler
+383 to Strength
+44 to Dexterity
+203 to Intelligence
+155,5 to maximum Mana
+311,5 to maximum Life
90% increased Elemental Damage
44% increased Spell Damage
14% increased Melee Damage
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
143% increased maximum Life
+7 Jewel Socket
+12% to Chaos Resistance
7,9% of Life Regenerated per second
15% increased Curse Duration
+8% to Fire Resistance
30% increased Armour
30% increased Effect of your Curses
+20 to Accuracy Rating
Enemies can have 1 additional Curse
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+88 Accuracy Rating

Thank you for all the feedback and idea you suggested. It helps a lot improving the build.
Last edited by Arachnéa on Apr 25, 2016, 6:09:57 AM
Last bumped on Jul 11, 2016, 3:44:02 PM
The main post is still in work. Please feel free to post any idea, suggestion or question you wanna ask. :)
Last edited by Arachnéa on Feb 3, 2016, 6:15:04 AM
I want to try this build but could you upload a damage tooltip or a video either would be great
Thanks
Hi,

I cannot really post a tooltip since the dmg done by Mjolner is not shown on tooltip.

I'll post some screenshots of defenses and try to upload some videos this weekend.
Think this is HC viable?

The life pool seems solid as do the resists/phys redux.

Do you die often using it? The mechanics seem a bit risky.
Last edited by Saedeas on Feb 4, 2016, 11:34:11 AM
Hi,

It sure have high defs mechanics, the main issue is it can be a bit laggy. I personaly won't recommand using it on HC but I can say I survived quite often from latency spikes.

The real time when you can get killed is the time before your EC/fortify are up. That's why I use enfeeble/temp chains/warlord's mark. :)

The last time I died is when I went on Hall of Grandmasters joining a friend in YOLO mode (first time I went in this map, unprepared, 2 portals left...). But most of the time I can deal with pretty much all mods except ele ref (can even do Blood magic mod by removing curses). I plan to do Uber and test if it's viable.
Last edited by Arachnéa on Feb 4, 2016, 12:04:00 PM
I respeced Breath of Lightning nodes because we already have shock applied with Vinktar for 2*8 sec so we don't really need the shock chance and duration from those nodes. I used those 4 points to take the jew socket next to Whispers of Doom and one life and chaos resistance node.
Doing that gives us one jew socket, 4% increased maximum life and +4% chaos res. Our damage is reduced by 12% but can be largely offset by the jew (7% life, 10% attack speed for less than 10c on poe.trade).
Last edited by Arachnéa on Feb 5, 2016, 5:13:23 AM
So I'm playing this in Talisman HC right now and it's beasting. I just got started with the Mjolner part of the build, but holy crap triple curse is amazing.

Here's my gear:

As you can see, there are definitely pieces that can be improved upon.

My plans to improve include:

-Equipping
as soon as I hit 66
-Equipping Doedre's Scorn as soon as I can handle the resistance loss from Goldrim and my gloves/belt (gonna change into the Retch)

Between Doedre's and Repentance I'm looking at like 180% increased damage over what I have now and it's already steamrolling stuff (with only 2 level 15 arcs). I'm super psyched to see what happens.

Note: I just used a jewel with +2 mana gained on hit, may be easier than finding a Doedre's with that corruption. Works fine.

Note 2: To anyone reading this and feeling like the builds single target is a bit low, EE really, really helps.
Last edited by Saedeas on Feb 5, 2016, 3:40:05 PM
I am going to try out this build. Can you fix your passive tree links in the first post? Your 43 point tree link is the same as your 23 point tree.
@Saedeas : Thank you for your feedback in HC, it's a great help for me to know the build's HC viability. Doedre's Scorn is a great dmg increase but I feel like you will loose defense stats, specially in HC were life is never high enough.
The +2 mana on hit on jew can be a really good option to deal without the corruption on Doedre's Damning, I'll add it on the jew section when I write it tomorrow.

@IceNizzle : I will make all lvling trees and explanation tomorrow. ;)
Last edited by Arachnéa on Feb 6, 2016, 2:07:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info