[2.2] Thor, the Lightning God (Life double Arc/Storm call Mjolner / Triple Curse / HC and SC)

Added leveling trees, jewels and screenshots section. Just have to upload images when I can and link jewels as soon as I get home.

Reworked my skills setup too and put CWDT setup in a 3L (removed inc duration). I feel like IC duration is enough when consuming 6 EC. That way I added Controlled Destruction to Vaal Spark.
Another tree I'll have to test : Level 94 RF Sustainable (Use Rise of the Phoenix and remove one curse to put Purity of Fire), less life, really high DPS
115 points RF version
Splitted the build topic in two version. One would likely be HC viable (despite the lag). The other version is less life, more DPS (SC oriented). The damage is crasy nuts and the clearing speed is awesome.

I have a core map I'd like to record but I neverp layed this map so it should be very unprofessional.

I'll try to record an Atziri run to show how easily you can face her (specially the split phase). Trio is more an issue due to high phys damage they deal.
Last edited by Arachnéa on Feb 15, 2016, 3:24:43 AM
Hi there! Thanks for posting this build, first time I've tried a Mjolner build and I'm having a blast (most satisfying build I've played this league, just really cool to see whole screen die in an explosion of sparks!).

Would really recommend the blasphemy enfeeble/tempchains combo also, definitely going to try this for other builds.

For leveling in softcore I found shocknova pretty nice, as it synergised with blasphemy dualcurse.

Thanks
Hi, I'm thinking of running this build in Ascendancy, and I was wondering if instead of using Vaal GH/spark if changing one set up to MS-GMP-Mult-LGoH and swapping gems to dual storm call would be viable for bossing? It looks like most rares aren't really a problem, and this would just be an alternative for bosses that are tough to chew through. Thought?
Hi,

I tried a bit double storm call but I feel it's less reliable since markers on ground stay on place while boss can still move. That means your storm calls will not always hit the boss and you'll loose dmg.

I don't think it's a good idea to use a complete 4L setup only for single target since you can use it in the 6L (just swap LS for LMP and use Molten Strike). If you have 5L I recommand using only molten strike since it has decent clear speed when you learn who to clear effiently with that skill (hit once, run into packs, hit once, run into packs etc.). If you wanna remove Vaal spark setup you can put some vaal auras or even another CWDT setup with high lvl molten shell and storm shield or so.

I was thinking about using a Vaal Molten shell setup for really tough bosses that generate many hits. It seems realiable vs those bosses or with ele/phys ref maps. But in other case it is just useless because your main goal is not to be hit (or as less as possible). I think vaal molten shell - controlled destruction - fire pen - inc duration could be more dmg (with the ignite effect) than vaal spark setup but it'd be useful in less situations. If you can afford a Scold's bridle you could put it for bosses and wreck them as hell since every attack would make VMS explode (in addition to double arc) and we generate so many attacks per sec. Really need to test VMS setup on ref maps to see how much it is powerful with all dmg buff we have.

I plan to do this build in Ascendancy too.I'll keep improving it until the end of Tali to get better overall efficiency.

My Ascendancy class would be Inquisitor.

Last thought about VGH/VS combo : Using EE don't seem to be good during the combo because even if you use molten strike to proc EE on boss, the sparks in the VGH circle will hit so many times per sec that your EE with Molten Strike would be unsignificant. I need to test it with and without EE to see if there's an actual noticeable difference.
Last edited by Arachnéa on Feb 19, 2016, 4:13:29 AM
I'd love to try this build once Ascendancy along with the new League come out, but isn't it a little too expensive? Since it is using a 6L and a lot of uniques? Would it work well even if I don't have all of them? I will surely try to get them but until then is it any good?
Can you update the passive skill tree for 2.2? that would be very awesome!:)
"
Can you update the passive skill tree for 2.2? that would be very awesome!:)

+1^)
I will start a new char in Perandus league tomorrow. I'll post the updated trees during the week.

@HasenDarkness : The uniques needed for the build are not that expensive compared to other uniques. I'd say for all the package it'll cost you 3-4ex. In my opinion it's not that much.

Mjolner -> 1 ex.
Astramentis (useful to save some points in tree and for Iron Will) -> 1-2 ex.
Repentance (not needed) -> Some chaos
Rise of the Phoenix -> 2 chaos
The Retch (not needed) -> 20c (?)
Doedre's Damning -> Some chaos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info