High Tier map dropps reduced?

"
Jaille wrote:
All I know is that I've been trying hard to get a t12 map or above this season. Chiseling, alching, chaosing packsize and shit, vaaling, adding fragments on t10 and t11. I've never gotten a high tier map. Never had a +2 from t10 and t11.

I'm not aiming for level 100. I was just trying to get high level maps for fun, knowing that I'd probably just end up losing exp anyway. :P

I just understand people's frustration. I'm not sure if high level maps are really that rare or if I'm being unlucky.

I don't think there has been a ninja-nerf though.

The goal for Talisman league is level 90 to get the challenge reward. For the really die hard grinders playing 1 of each tier map for that reward is going to be next to impossible without a support team to fead you higher tier maps.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
LazarusQ wrote:
Except GGG has always been straightforward about this, and has always done this between leagues, not during, because that would be unfair to a lot of players.

Are they able to do this? Sure, why not.
Did they? You'll need more data if you want to convince anyone with half a brain.

Good luck getting anyone at GGG to admit to making changes mid-league without any official comment. They could easily do that and we would never know. Later on they could say there was a bug that reduced drop rates which was unintentional. Plausible deniability and all that crap. Any way you slice it the quantity of higher tier map drops (and reduced rare amulet drops) is very noticeable and can't just be dismissed as bad RNG streaks. Sorry but I don't believed that.

I never said we needed proof. Of course we won't get any proof of anything.

But plausibility is something different. And I have yet to see anyone come forward with more than his own little experience of very limited statistical relevance and say: "I've done statistics, I have data, the average drop rate has gone down".

All people have is feelings. And in front of large numbers and rare events, feelings are worth sod all.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
"
LazarusQ wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Well you don't go around saying GGG ninja nerfs shit lol
Why not. Do you have prove it didn't happens? Why some many people complain about map drop suddenly?

Suddenly? Really?
Yeah, he's trolling, I'm convinced now.

Of course.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
LazarusQ wrote:

Yeah, he's trolling, I'm convinced now.

Of course.

Hey, don't rub it in, I'm kinda new to this, I'm still learning ^^
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
No idea whether or not this happened. All I can say is I has no maps.
"
Xtorma wrote:
No idea whether or not this happened. All I can say is I has no maps.

Me neither. At lv. 90 I'm playing T8-10 maps, because I cannot get anything higher. Incredibly boring.
high tier maps are not supposed to be dropped easily.
"
Tom1989 wrote:

Red ones are garbage anyway you get more exp running lower tier speed throughing it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Tom1989 wrote:

Yes, well there is difference between not dropping easily and not dropping at all. GGG had to increase divicard drops by 4 times for us to get anything usable and they should do this for higher tier map drops too. Starvation is no fun. GGG starves me, I'm not a happy camper player, I don't buy any mtx. I guess GGG is doing well financially in spite of the multitude of starving players.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 31, 2016, 9:06:51 PM
I'm only playing Standard at the moment, and what I do is very time consuming, but I'm going to test it to see how long it will work for.

. I currently have 1 FULL tab of T1 maps, 1 FULL tab of T2 maps and nearing a FULL tab of T3 maps. My goal is to have a tab full of maps(144 maps)for each tier all the way up to T13ish. Once my T3 is full, then I will run T3 maps until I get a full tab of T4 and then run T4 until I get a full tab of T5 etc....I realize it will get much harder the higher I go up the Tiers, , but I love my Blast Rain Frenzy build so much, that running low level maps over and over is not work, it's fun!! Of course I alch every single map which allows for multiple map drops per map usually.

Of course if you aren't having lots of fun with your build and hate running the same maps over and over again, I'd avoid this method ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info