High Tier map dropps reduced?

"
Arrowneous wrote:
For RNG base of understanding please read this at Random.org. With that info then it is most likely to conclude that GGG uses a pseudo-random number generator in PoE. Clear evidence can be inferred by the fact that one of the races is called Fixed Seed so all players get the same map layouts. Anyway you look at it RNG in PoE is not pure random numbers. The most common method of getting the starting seed is to read the PC internal software timer counter and use it as the seed for the RNG function of the C++ language that PoE is written with.

All this talk about rng, etc., etc. is all moot. The only thing I see GGG doing is looking at how many players are at level 100 on the current temp league ladders and how fast they got to 100. Then the devs tweak the map drop rate for higher tier maps accordingly. Too many 100 builds and drop rates will go down. Too few and drop rates should go up.

That's some tin foil shit right there.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Arrowneous wrote:
For RNG base of understanding please read this at Random.org. With that info then it is most likely to conclude that GGG uses a pseudo-random number generator in PoE. Clear evidence can be inferred by the fact that one of the races is called Fixed Seed so all players get the same map layouts. Anyway you look at it RNG in PoE is not pure random numbers. The most common method of getting the starting seed is to read the PC internal software timer counter and use it as the seed for the RNG function of the C++ language that PoE is written with.

All this talk about rng, etc., etc. is all moot. The only thing I see GGG doing is looking at how many players are at level 100 on the current temp league ladders and how fast they got to 100. Then the devs tweak the map drop rate for higher tier maps accordingly. Too many 100 builds and drop rates will go down. Too few and drop rates should go up.

That's some tin foil shit right there.

It's true
That's how RNG works in most games
Well you don't go around saying GGG ninja nerfs shit lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Why not. Do you have prove it didn't happens? Why some many people complain about map drop suddenly?
"
Arrowneous wrote:

The first paragraph is correct, but I don't remember anyone saying anything contradicting this. This is more or less the definition of the acronym RNG, after all, or at least it is always implied in it. We know computers don't yet have quantum dots to get truly random numbers. Duh.

And the second paragraph has nothing to do with the first one. At all. And is supported by precisely zero evidence.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Why not. Do you have prove it didn't happens? Why some many people complain about map drop suddenly?

Suddenly? Really?
Yeah, he's trolling, I'm convinced now.
Why not? Chris stated last fall that the xp required to go from 99 to 100 was doubled to prevent too many level 100 builds too fast. If level 100 is an endgame goal that GGG wants to mostly prevent by way of increased grind time then it easily stands to reason that not getting as many equal or higher tier map drops within the current map being played is a quick and simple method of slowing racers to level 100.

This is really a no-brainer way to limit xp and thus increase time to 100. This 100% gold, not aluminum or tin foil.

Note: Same reasoning as why there are fewer rare amulet drops in Talisman League compared to previous leagues. I've played enough 100s of hours to notice the decreased drop rates all to limit the 2 Chaos recipe and thus control the PoE economy.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 31, 2016, 3:38:03 PM
Except GGG has always been straightforward about this, and has always done this between leagues, not during, because that would be unfair to a lot of players.

Are they able to do this? Sure, why not.
Did they? You'll need more data if you want to convince anyone with half a brain.
All I know is that I've been trying hard to get a t12 map or above this season. Chiseling, alching, chaosing packsize and shit, vaaling, adding fragments on t10 and t11. I've never gotten a high tier map. Never had a +2 from t10 and t11.

I'm not aiming for level 100. I was just trying to get high level maps for fun, knowing that I'd probably just end up losing exp anyway. :P

I just understand people's frustration. I'm not sure if high level maps are really that rare or if I'm being unlucky.

I don't think there has been a ninja-nerf though.
"
LazarusQ wrote:
Except GGG has always been straightforward about this, and has always done this between leagues, not during, because that would be unfair to a lot of players.

Are they able to do this? Sure, why not.
Did they? You'll need more data if you want to convince anyone with half a brain.

Good luck getting anyone at GGG to admit to making changes mid-league without any official comment. They could easily do that and we would never know. Later on they could say there was a bug that reduced drop rates which was unintentional. Plausible deniability and all that crap. Any way you slice it the quantity of higher tier map drops (and reduced rare amulet drops) is very noticeable and can't just be dismissed as bad RNG streaks. Sorry but I don't believed that.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info