[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

If i get rid of Vaal lightning Trap, i now have 4 open sockets for whatever gems i desire. Which gems should i use?
Is this build still viable in 2.2?
I'm still leveling up but am having a great go with the build so far. Am using Poison Bear trap for single target since right now I don't have 5 linked gear, much less 6 linked.

But I was reading in the beginning that Occultist may be better to go from a survivability and budget standpoint. With this kind of trap build, would I be looking to spec into Void Beacon and Void Bastion? The other two branches don't quite seem as relevant for this trap/poison build.
Hi, still leveling mid-65s - currently mostly a life build will switch to ES later.

I ended up going Trickster.

Meanwhile, I'm using a cybil's paw to try and regen life - Still experimenting and the regen from the paw is fairly decent in mid 60s with cluster - and would say its much more favorable than concentrated effect.

Anyways, how would you recommend dealing with lack of regen as I get into higher levels - outside of potions? Any other options asides from the Cybil's paw?
Last edited by atlassound on Mar 8, 2016, 9:29:33 PM
Anyone know if Bino's is still a good idea for this build? With cluster traps and saboteur, the AOE coverage is enough. Different weapon for more damage maybe?
Last edited by renroval on Mar 8, 2016, 9:18:07 PM
"
renroval wrote:
Anyone know if Bino's is still a good idea for this build? With cluster traps and saboteur, the AOE coverage is enough. Different weapon for more damage maybe?

if you look at my previous messages, he covers it on page 6 i think. He mentions using a spell dagger. :)
Hey, great guide and it has been a great help this league.

atm around lvl 84 and been trying stuff out playing EVA trapper since i love eva builds.

So my question is in terms for damage, utility etc is it better to go Trickester or go Saboteur?

I have bino's and all the uniques etc, so im just asking what is best if i wana go like Atziri.
"
atlassound wrote:
Hi, still leveling mid-65s - currently mostly a life build will switch to ES later.

I ended up going Trickster.

Meanwhile, I'm using a cybil's paw to try and regen life - Still experimenting and the regen from the paw is fairly decent in mid 60s with cluster - and would say its much more favorable than concentrated effect.

Anyways, how would you recommend dealing with lack of regen as I get into higher levels - outside of potions? Any other options asides from the Cybil's paw?

I may be a complete retard cybil's wasn't working i think on trap spell hit - so i added cwdt, ball lightning, gmp, lmp - it's serviceable.
until you switch to ci and are running hybrid you could use the new Zealoths oath chest with blood dance boots and maybe spec into those damage over time + life regen nodes

but you'd have to use soughtbounds + binos for blood dance to work

i think it's just a matter of getting enough block + evasion so you can rely on energy shield recharge, that's the route i'm going to take

i just started leveling and i'm gonna post my leveling process in steps so people have an idea when to do what

for regular atziri it doesn't matter what class you choose, you could kill her with no class at all

For uber it's going to be a different story

i farmed myself 6 uber sets already and i plan to test all possible single target setups

right now the main question is:

If i get enough AOE, does the cluster trap make all traps overlap on a target, because if it does it's going to be the best single target with chain reaction

If not you'd just use cluster trap for mapping and swap in void manipulation for Uber atziri

I did 1 run on standard with the old setup while having no ascendancy points specced and you can definitely feel the damage nerf, i still managed to pull it off but it was harder than before

i think this go around i might spec much more into damage and less into ES, cause survivability is going to be improved if you can kill fast anyways

Instead of Binos you can use spell damage dagger with attack speed for faster whirling blades and maybe later add Leo mod for %increased amage over time

no crit daggers are rather cheap, you can get 70+ spell damage dagger and just craft attack speed for now, they're like couple of chaos

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Mar 9, 2016, 7:27:12 AM
OK so, build is working out well. im at 9,800 ES without ES on my rings or amulet! Furthermore, i need 2 more jewel sockets on my tree to unlock.

Question: My question is what "gems" should i focus on making 20/20. Okay, obviously they should all be 20/20+ but for me that's quite hard. Are there any gems that i should prioritize first? (bladefall is 20/20 :))

Question2: Energy shield problem. Since im Saboteur, my energy shield is lower than an occultist. That being said, should i spend 5 extra nodes on my tree and take "essence surge".

question 3: i have no endurance charges while mapping. Is this a problem i need to address? ( ES/res/mov speed boots are equipped)

Thanks,

Adam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info