[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

i usually just flip all of my gems when they hit 20 and do lower lvl maps until they're back to lvl 17

no enduranche charges while mapping isn't really an issue, i used rallying cry for mapping and only used enduring when fighting high lvl phys damage bosses

It's up to you to decide how much ES you're comfortable enough

and i think energy shield recharge nodes and maybe even crafted faster energy shield recharge on rings instead of %ES would give more overall surivability than extra ES, at least that's the route i plan to take

IGN JustifiedF
i have cleaned the guide a bit and got rid of outdated information

i'm going to fully update it once i finish leveling, atm lvl 46 and gonna continue tomorrow

i'm going to post leveling tree roughly every 20 levels for people who want clear progression and don't have a clear idea how to level and tranistion into CI

here's a sneak peak preview of some gear i managed to acquire so far

almost full set

this new GG helm is gonna enable me to run double blasphemy and drop Grace since if you don't go Bino's southbound, there's no point in using Splendour

i spend most of my chaos on the chest and didn't want to push further, it will do for now until i get more chaos to spend on it

bought the ilvl 100 6L base for 4 ex if anyone's curious how much it costs but it was the only good high ilvl base on the server when i purchased it so don't get your hopes up on getting one too instantly

I plan to make up for the loss of Grace on Chest + Helm + Eventually on shield

in a market for +1 curse Chayula atm, until then i'll use Doedre's damning
IGN JustifiedF
"
Justifi3d wrote:
In comes the Southbound gloves, for some reason, even though they say "Your hits can only kill frozen enemies" it actually means "anything your hits, spells, traps, totems can't kill frozen enemies"
So what happens now is that your traps don't kill the enemy because of the Southbound modifier, but the poison applied from your traps kills the enemy and therefore Binos poison spread can now apply.

Do I get it right, you use southbound to make poison spread, but bino's life regen doesn't work anyway? Trying to make somewhat same build life based.
Last edited by phx on Mar 10, 2016, 4:44:26 AM
Hello exiles,

Uber, a milestone in this game that many wish to achieve. Well, i am currently working towards Uber and this build is giving me the confidence that i need. I do have a Bladevortex skyforths/headhunter, but cannot get past trio because of my low 6500 ES. I feel with the 10k ES i have (14k with Vaal D) i can possibly get past them, assuming i have the right "knowledge and strategy" to pass them. I have two questions for you.

Can you please take your time to critique my gear. And secondly, Please explain to me why Bino's needs to be replaced. hey, it is a sexy meatcleaver so...

that's pretty damn good gear, boots could use an upgrade everything else looks fine

i think you can do Uber easily with that kind of gear

About Bino's as i see it's a topic of discussion

I don't know yet, i'm in process of leveling and will test it once i get high level but the theory is following

If you are Saboteur, theoretically you should have enough AOE with cluster trap+chain reaction to not need to rely on proliferation

Therefore Bino's loses all of it's usefulness since only damage stat you care about on it is 30% damage over time, which is shit and can be replaced with Leo master mod on a rare dagger with high spell damage roll or a wand if you're a hipster and don't use whirling blades

If you're going the 2.1 prolif build route with Occultist Bino's is still necessary for good AOE because you don't have chain reaction

What needs further testing is also is cluster trap a viable single target option, because the theory is following:

With enough AOE, you should be able to hit 1 target with all 4 traps, if that is actually possible, cluster trap becomes the best possible multiplier you could have

even though you deal 36% less damage per trap if you would hit with all 4 traps you would do more damage than if you put some other multiplier in its place

The trick is going to be finding the sweet spot for AOE and single target

DISCLAIMER:
I would advise anyone to not just straight up go this route until i have time to do proper testing to see how the overlap functions with cluster traps
IGN JustifiedF
Question on nodes. im level 88 and i think i hit all of my nodes.

please critique my tree. i am Saboteur.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAW1Bx4NfA5IES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GyUb4B1PHdki9CaVKwospiy_MHwxszIYM3g0CjW5N2Y31DqtPV9CLENURwZJUUmxS65RR1JTVL1WY1b6V9hcQF3yYeJiT2SqZ05qNmqMbAhsC20Zb3dvhHBRdf12b36wfyt_xoRvhq6IQo2_j_qQDZDWkyeVLpaLl5WX9JuGoHmhL6LZpyuw2LMDtAy0xbVIt3W-isHFwuzIFMkGytPQ0NRC1bnXz9hU2Vvb5-c66rrrY-wY7T_uFe-I8NXxivRx9W_5N_8c

Fatal toxin, and Ghost reaver? Thoughts? Finish the "foresight" wheel? Alchemist wheel necessary?
alchemist wheel is a must

i can't really critique your tree mate

the points i put in my core tree are nodes that i think are highly point efficient and would be mathematically unwise not to take them or they're very enabling nodes like alchemist wheel for example

What nodes you take will depend how you feel the build is playing out

Do you feel like you need damage? take damage

Do you feel like you're unsafe? Take more ES and/or evasion

Do you want more quality of life? Take some thrap throwing speed or trigger radius

I think alchemist wheel is a must though

It gives you 10% block extra on max roll Rumi's and gives you extra 1000 evasion from a Jade flask

Ghost reaver is useless because you don't leech
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Mar 10, 2016, 2:49:12 PM
I'm sorry to all the people who got confused for a moment, something messed up my old gear from last league that was posted

I've cleaned up the guide further and will keep updating daily until i'm satisified with information

hit lvl 73 today, will start mapping tomorrow

did 1 atziri run, still peace of cake even at low lvl with trash gear and undercapped res

i actually did it on a 5L because i forgot to put back in Trap and Mine damage gem that i took out while i was doing some single target testing for cluster trap

Current data is still inconclusive, too many inconsistencies in overlapping, i will try using icnreased AOE and Controlled destruction gem tomorrow and see if it does anything

But with Conc effect it seems that while sometimes all 4 traps hit and give amazing single target DPS there are many cases when only 2-3 traps hit and give the same DPS as if you used some other gem instead of cluster trap

Uber Atziri run coming when i hit lvl 90, should be this weekend
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Mar 10, 2016, 9:16:17 PM
regarding cluster trap, i specced my talisman trapper in sab and swapped controlled destruction for cluster trap (because is the only multi in the setup which doesn't double dip).

like you, i can't come to a clear conclusion... the setup is certainly viable, but feel inconsistent.

i must add that i tried it with a level 10 cluster and with the bino setup still equipped, so i can retry with better gear
The thing where i tested is Voll in Dried Lake cause he's the only spammable boss that doesn't get completely oneshot yet unless i crit

Thing with Voll is he summons mobs that can draw Bladefall "aggro" away from him

Because how Bladefall functions is it goes from the source towards the target, and traps seem to pick targets randomly when there are multiple targets around, so mobs can sometimes draw the Bladefal to themselves and prevent some traps from having much overlap on the boss itself

i prepared couple of Atziri sets to test it better cause there are no Mobs around the bosses

Because the tankiest bosses in the game don't spawn adds so the information is most relevant for them

I also so far only tested with Conc effect + cluster trap vs Conc effect + Void Manipulation because of the slot colors and Cluster trap is indeed performing better IF the overlap happens
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Mar 11, 2016, 7:59:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info