Winterheart Race Season Details!

Looks like i'm not going over 100 points this season either... Which is good, i don't have the time anyway.
slow 'race' to 100 points HYPE!
So.... where is the actual info on these races? The schedule is chock full of events, but there are no links explaining anything. This is my first race season and there isn't enough information to review unless I haven't found the right links.
Whispering ice looks really good.
I've never raced before. You had to dangle that whispering ice though. I wonder how many events it will take to get 100 points assuming you suck at racing, but can avoid dying?

Less than 100 I hope :P
"
Taeryanor wrote:
So.... where is the actual info on these races? The schedule is chock full of events, but there are no links explaining anything. This is my first race season and there isn't enough information to review unless I haven't found the right links.

Here are the standard rules and race mods. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44360 It's not up to date yet for Winterheart, but it should be updated soon. Most of the race mods should be in there.

Here's where you'll find the individual events listed once they get posted.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/leagues-and-race-events They post all 155 events at the beginning of the season, so event #1 will probably be on page 5 or so. It's a good idea to bookmark the page because you'll refer to it often.

Read the rules for each event carefully.

Do NOT delete your character after a race until you see the points awarded in your profile. This usually only takes a few minutes. But sometimes it can take more than an hour. If you delete your character before points are awarded you'll lose the points.

In most races your character will migrate to the hard core league (the perm league, not Talisman). You start with a fresh stash for each race. After the race your stash tabs will migrate to perm HC league also as "remove only" tabs.

In void leagues like Descent and Descent: Chanpions, you don't keep your character. It gets moved to the void league and you can't do anything with it except delete it (after you get points awarded). You don't have a stash in those leagues, so they can't migrate.

Race rewards will show up after the race. They will be in remove only tabs and are immediately available in ALL leagues.

If a character dies in a race they move to perm soft core league. Except void leagues where they just become void. You can start a second character, but only one character will count for points (I think your highest level). This also means you can create mule accounts to get gems or gear. That's sometimes a good strategy in some races.
Looking forward to the Season, perfect Timing within the Challenge League as I think.
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
Perfect guys ! Should be cool cold time :D
I like the Winterheart signature event mechanic, it seems cool to encourage (even more) good positioning when playing.

The rewards are decent too, worth racing for, for me anyway.

The 24 hour race was really fun to attempt, I didn't start within the first 12 hours on the last one, and died after 4 or 5, so it really wasn't worth rerolling. Hopefully I'll be able to participate fully in this one. It sounds much more encouraging to a newer player.
I like the ideas behind the races. Great to see GGG putting so much thought and research into it. However, - as I love to play melee builds and find builds boring that obliterate everything on- and off-screen with a push of the button -, I will miss this season out. Please have a melee-weapon reward around the 100 points mark next time GGG! ;-)

... because being a Gamerdad and working 40 to 50 hours a week, plus martial arts and social commitments doesn't leave me with more time for PoE.

Cheers!
The light at the end of the tunnel is nothing but a muzzleflash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info