Winterheart Race Season Details!

"
RubySydell wrote:
I've never raced before. You had to dangle that whispering ice though. I wonder how many events it will take to get 100 points assuming you suck at racing, but can avoid dying?

Less than 100 I hope :P

With my terrible ping and FPS i still aim to get 5 points min from any event i enter. With a good setup, i imagine even a novice player who is actively trying to not die and get as far as possible will be able to match that. (sometimes i do die, so i estimate it will take me 30 races)
can you fix something in mastercrafting? i saw that if you want to give ring (with blessing font) 12-16% increased crytical strike chance you need 1 divine orb wich is really rare and worth 20 chaos but for 27-32% crytical strike chance you only need 2 chaos wich is much much easier to get and worth 10 times less then divine orb.. there is no way its balanced and its just redicilous!
worst prices ever 0 incentive to play. gg no re.
Gonna get the 100 pt for sure. damn. skull staff.
This looks fun. Stock up on cold res.
I took a look at the rewards :

Asphyxia's Wrath : Price to buy 1 Chance Orb
Sapphire Ring : Price to buy 1 ( or 3 ? ) Wisdom Scroll
The Whispering Ice : Price to buy 1 Chaos Orb
Dyadian Dawn : Price to buy 3 Orb of Alteration
Call of the Brotherhood : Price to buy 48 Chaos Orb
Winterheart : Price to buy very cheap once released since it is gimmicky

I dont think that those rewards will motivate anyone who doesnt like racing too much to do them and people who do them for the rewards only might as well not be too appealed.

A beautyful icon on cheap uniques doesnt seem very rewarding to me. I think those rewards should also have a real ( practical ) benefit. For instance guaranteed max roll or really rare corruption.

However I will admit that even then it would not be enough motivation for me to run dozens and dozens of hours of races to get the ( not too rare ) rewards.

Not meant negative since I dont care about races - just some feedback how I felt about those rewards if I even remotely intended to do races. This league was very generous to me and I wouldnt want to complain at all actually.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jan 24, 2016, 7:42:25 AM
misclick
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jan 24, 2016, 7:41:50 AM
"
AdFinitum wrote:
I took a look at the rewards :

Asphyxia's Wrath : Price to buy 1 Chance Orb
Sapphire Ring : Price to buy 1 ( or 3 ? ) Wisdom Scroll
The Whispering Ice : Price to buy 1 Chaos Orb
Dyadian Dawn : Price to buy 3 Orb of Alteration
Call of the Brotherhood : Price to buy 48 Chaos Orb
Winterheart : Price to buy very cheap once released since it is gimmicky

I dont think that those rewards will motivate anyone who doesnt like racing too much to do them and people who do them for the rewards only might as well not be too appealed.

A beautyful icon on cheap uniques doesnt seem very rewarding to me. I think those rewards should also have a real ( practical ) benefit. For instance guaranteed max roll or really rare corruption.

However I will admit that even then it would not be enough motivation for me to run dozens and dozens of hours of races to get the ( not too rare ) rewards.

Not meant negative since I dont care about races - just some feedback how I felt about those rewards if I even remotely intended to do races. This league was very generous to me and I wouldnt want to complain at all actually.

When since Whispering ice is 1c?
"
RubySydell wrote:
I've never raced before. You had to dangle that whispering ice though. I wonder how many events it will take to get 100 points assuming you suck at racing, but can avoid dying? Less than 100 I hope :P

100 is definitely do-able even if you miss the majority of the races. Around 20 of them should get you there, if the points structure is like in the past. The minimum number of points is almost always manageable without stress or extreme pressure. The tricky part is sometimes knowing when and where to stop, instead of pushing too hard for the next points bracket and then losing it all. :)
"
Qwatayean wrote:
When since Whispering ice is 1c?

Why asking - a look at poe.trade shows its price. Cheapest is 7 chance Orb atm. It is not popular anymore. The race reward doesnt come with 6 sockets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info