Talisman and Challenge Stats

I like to see how noticeable are the depression/spikes in 13~14 and 20~21. So people who reach 13 and 20 push it hard for the next armor piece but once they get there they sit there thinking if it's possible/worth going for the next one.

I've got 32 challenges yesterday, some of my "stats":
- Level 93 on main character;
- I"ve made 6 alternate characters and all are lv 70~80 (spent 2~3 days on each)
- My main character is a triple totem bladefall with 60% iiq and 70% iir.
- I've only purchased 3 items for my main character: Soul Mantle for 1 chaos; Sadima's Touch for 8 chaos and after lv 90 I've purchased a Thief's Torment for 10 chaos so temporal chains maps wouldn't be that boring.
- Always running unidentified maps when possible, if not, at least rare and quality for T7+;
- I've got 3 T15 maps, 6 T14, 7 T13, 12 T12, 30+ T11 and 60+ T10;
- /Played: 12 days and 9 hours (I leave AFK a lot so I can't tell precisely how much of this was actually gameplay);
- Doing Zana's rotation every single day since third day of the league, only got her to 8 yesterday;
- After ~21 challenges it was a "purchase" spree. Had to buy about half of the new uniques, 3 rigwalds uniques, 1 treasure, paid for avatar of thunder, paid for T15 boss and twinned, paid for rigwald 80, bought all unique maps and bought 3 divination cards (3 chains that bind that I was missing, all the other cards were self found).
- I"ve spent about 10~15 exalts buying challenges.

That last bit is something that i strongly disagree with these challenges... I could have done rigwald 80 and T15 twinned (after a few tries) on my own, probably could have done the Avatar of Thunder and the 3 missing rigwald's uniques aswell if RNG didn't troll me, but paying was faster AND cheaper than do them on my own... so why would I bother?

I also disagree these challenges are easy than the past league ones. They are about as much time consuming as the previous ones, but since they are spread (32 instead of 8) you can see your "improvement" (instead of getting stuck at 3/8 for 2 weeks) giving you this false idea. In addition there was SOOOOOOOOOOO much more sharing this league than the others.
Last edited by pelife123 on Jan 15, 2016, 5:03:05 AM
The Graph is fake.
Can tell by the pixels. 2 For example is missing a lot of them.
"
papas88063 wrote:
I hit 30 challenges in the first 3 weeks of league. Got tired of spending my currency on items needed for challenges and having to buy high tier maps. So i quit. Still top 1.2% is cool. Just need zana to 8 and identify the the new uniques. Zana like 500k away from level can still do but having to do the other was not worth it in my eyes.

Being level 90 and only having T8 and T9 maps is not what I consider fun. Spending my currency on high tier maps and to purchase items needed for challenges also not fun.

Maps need to be gated by how hard they are, not by them not dropping. Your character's strength is what should dictate what you can do, not what your willing to spend.

Leveling gets boring since low tier maps, all this to try and stop a few guys from hitting 100 fast and yet those guys still outsmart GGG and the rest are screwed. Also having to do story 3 times is meh, maybe GGG should consider cutting that to 2 times around story.

I think I have finally reached the point where it's not worth playing for me. I wish you exiles all the luck.

Well you're the perfect example why challenges in PoE are not great at all and how some people somehow manage to focus solely on that. You've burnt yourself out completely, and why? For some numbers on the forum? Try to have fun again man, ignore pointless 'challenges'.
If I focused on forum numbers or achievements I'd be ready to kill myself. Learn to enjoy the game guys, really, I'm so sad to see there are still people that think achievements are fun, but they are telling lies to themselves.
Last edited by leto2626 on Jan 15, 2016, 6:04:01 AM
"
DoCojoni wrote:
"
Sachieiel wrote:
It seems like the graph is meant to show % of players with at least that many challenges completed. If that is the case, how can there be less % of players with at least 2 challenges completed than with at least 3 challenges completed? (this also occurs at many other points)

I think the graph is wrong too, if it's % of players with at least X challenges completed it should be that each bin is smaller the the previous; while if it's % of players with exactly X challenges completed....well that should sum up to 100%...

I think something in the process of making that went wrong :P
(Nevertheless I think the stats will be similar anyway and say the same things :) )

Yeah I looked at them for a rather long time until I decided that they simply do not make sense :P In theory it could be a comparison to people only having one challange... but I doubt that only 100 times more players have completed 1 challange compared to 28
I either don't know math and statistics, or there is something horribly wrong with the graph.

If you say it is normalized towards all people who have at least one challenge, then whoever has EXACTLY one challenge will not be 100%. Total amount of all %s should add up to a 100%, tho.

But if the graph itself shows amount of people who have at least \number\ of challenges, which you presume when taking the numbers for however many people have given pieces of rigvald's set, then the graph will NEVER look the way it does.
With such a graph you will never have a deviate higher then 0. It can never go up, in other words. But it does, for example, judging by your graph more people have "at least 3 challenges" then "at least 2", which will never happen.
Last edited by Pirrate on Jan 15, 2016, 6:10:28 AM
"
KittiesGoMew wrote:
Thanks for sharing some stats. They're always very interesting to see!

I agree with a few others though that trying for the 28 is rather tiresome which is a shame because it completes the amour set. In my opinion, it's such a shame to have challenges tied to having to accumulate some wealth. It then just becomes a game of paying your way to challenges which really doesn't seem very fitting :\

Exactly!

I love to accumulate wealth in ARPGs and i love doing these challenges however being forced to throw currency away to complete them is really grating and detracts greatly from my enjoyment.

In general the challenges have improved immensely since the early ones however I hope for future challenges they're designed around being able to complete them all by yourself and not having to throw away a whole bunch of currency and/or sit trading for weeks.

More skill based / dedication based challenges. Stuff like kill Atziri is really fun and rewarding and not gated behind exalts.

I like how we're not forced into having to create 5 different characters and level them all to 80/85+ now. Keep up the good work GGG.
@Delectrixz
Cant earn free rewards BABYRAGE
I reached 32 challenges sometime last week and as a whole I won't complain. Sure some of the challenges were less about playing the game (ID ones) and more about poe.trade scouting and haggling for items, but in general I love challenges. I'm one of those people who are extremely competitive and I view challenges such as POE's challenge leagues as my competition with the developers. I am extremely satisfied I completed all of them by playing alone or with my friends. We had and are still having fun in the league, but certainly the most acute frenzy is gone after I reached 32/32. The only thing I bought were part of the ID challenges and I've more than made the money back by selling unid uniques for challenges that I've found after I already did the challenges.

My first char was MF shockwave totem build, which as a whole was decent but not what I expected. Maybe I overestimated the power of MF or was just a tad unlucky during the first week of the league. That char reached level 92 and found enough stuff to gear up my first "own" build idea: vacuum cyclone support build. (I am not actually sure if this has been done, but I didn't find it on the interwebs and planned the idea, tree and gear by myself.)

My friends played meta voltaxic and coc wander, so I figured I'd do a vacuum cyclone support to amp their damage and survivability. With this trio we did all the real challenges: Avatar of Thunder, Rigwald80 and double Daresso to nail both T15 challenges with one hit. I only started playing this game in Warbands and after this league I'm sure I will be coming back to POE for more challenge leagues. I'm now sporting a very well geared coc cyclone to do some Uber Atziri and maybe level to a new personal record (97).

After I was sure I would reach 32/32 and had good perspective how to rate this league, I also invested in the mid-tier supporter pack to thank GGG for their product. I don't agree with everything that is going on in POE but I respect their firmness in developing a game they think is good. It is going to be awesome for those who view gaming similarly enough.

TLDR; League was/is fun, I won't whine about ID challenges, I'm a happy customer.
"
MisterD wrote:
"
KittiesGoMew wrote:
Thanks for sharing some stats. They're always very interesting to see!

I agree with a few others though that trying for the 28 is rather tiresome which is a shame because it completes the amour set. In my opinion, it's such a shame to have challenges tied to having to accumulate some wealth. It then just becomes a game of paying your way to challenges which really doesn't seem very fitting :\

Exactly!

I love to accumulate wealth in ARPGs and i love doing these challenges however being forced to throw currency away to complete them is really grating and detracts greatly from my enjoyment.

In general the challenges have improved immensely since the early ones however I hope for future challenges they're designed around being able to complete them all by yourself and not having to throw away a whole bunch of currency and/or sit trading for weeks.

More skill based / dedication based challenges. Stuff like kill Atziri is really fun and rewarding and not gated behind exalts.

I like how we're not forced into having to create 5 different characters and level them all to 80/85+ now. Keep up the good work GGG.

Couldn't agree more! Also, thank goodness no more having to play several characters to a certain level which is funny because some how I unintentionally did 3 80+ chars lol.
"
Niustein wrote:
Ohh Fancy.

Can we get numbers for the people who are 30/31/32? :D

would be interested in this too. cant believe there are so few players with 32/32

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info