Talisman and Challenge Stats

Why do so many people have a problem with the graph? :D

It shows you how many players did an exact number of challenges AND less. For example: 17% of all players counted did 14 challenges and less (1-13). That is why it is possible that more players did 3 and less challenges than just 2 and less.

Some of the challenges are fun, others are way too expensive. The unidentify "challenges" just force you to accumulate wealth and spend it on items you don't need rather than items you want to play with. That's just a challenge for your motivation to continue playing the league.

I think the talisman league in its current state is way too grindy for most players to finally get a good talisman of higher tier (confirmed with your statistics). I did Rigwald once and got a magic talisman out of the fight. If I would sacrifice every rare talisman I found so far, I wouldn't even have a full set of T3 rare talismans. You can't even consider farming Rigwald for a good talisman drop.

My suggested improvements:

+ increase the drop rates of rare talismans A LOT (like 50% for boss/rare monsters, 25% for magic monsters and 10% for normal monsters)
+ let higher tiers of talismans drop on higher maps (like 10% chance of T2 dropping on T7+)
+ even out the drop chances of higher tier talismans from stone circle offers (I have farmed for many hours, still need to find the last talisman for the challenge)

"
Akisha wrote:
Why do so many people have a problem with the graph? :D

It shows you how many players did an exact number of challenges AND less. For example: 17% of all players counted did 14 challenges and less (1-13). That is why it is possible that more players did 3 and less challenges than just 2 and less.

Explain please. How is it possible that about 85% of people completed 3 challenges (compared to players who did at least 1 challenge, and that's why 1 is 100%) but only 77% completed 2?? That 8% of people completed 3 but not 2? Seems illogic to me.
Same for 13-14, 20-21 etc.

Something seems not right. Only possible weird explanation wuold be that somehow you happened to complete 2 challenges at the very same time and that was causing problems at the tracking software, but looking at the bumps happening at 14-21-28 ( not considering the one at 3) seems very unlikely that this is the solution.

So please Akisha elaborate.

EDIT: Looking at the previous infograph,https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1530466, no strange bumps there.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Jan 15, 2016, 8:28:32 AM
Thanks, I was hoping/waiting for this!

One more question though, what % of players completed 32 challenges already?
considering the graph:

it almost looks like as the y-axis initially had the absolute numbers of ppl who completed the challenges. but as GGG doesn't like to give us absolute numbers of their playerbase some smart guy exchanged the numbers with percent saying the amount of ppl with 1 challenge is 100%.

And here is the problem. This is true if you say at least one challenge. But this is not what the graph looks like. There can NEVER be more ppl who have completed at least 3 challenges than there are who have at least 2 (unless its discontinuous).

You cannot simply scale down the percent to 0 because these are ABSOLUTE numbers and not PERCENT!

This said i also doubt the percentages given for the mtx are right. they should be significantly lower.

this is also why i don't like that GGG is not giving out numbers.
you can facilitate some graphs that are good looking but noone can actualy verify them.

also why give only the talisman useage of hardcore? what's wrong with softcore (where the mayority of your playerbase is)? also last "statistics" where you, all of a sudden, list ALL MAPS RUN OVER ALL LEAGUES whereas you are talking about talisman beforehand?

i don't like this practice AT ALL and it leaves a shallow taste that you want to cover up something (whatever this might be *shruggs*).
Last edited by Ruefl2x on Jan 15, 2016, 8:53:22 AM
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
considering the graph:

it almost looks like as the y-axis initially had the absolute numbers of ppl who completed the challenges. but as GGG doesn't like to give us absolute numbers of their playerbase some smart guy exchanged the numbers with percent saying the amount of ppl with 1 challenge is 100%.

I was thinking something along this too. If the graph was meant to show the numbers (or %) of players who completed that exact number of challenges, than the bumps at 14-21-28 (thresholds for the armor pieces) would make sense. As it is now, it doesn't...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Just want to chime in to say how HORRIBLY Bad the whole talisman implementation is.

layers over layers over layers of rng and mind numbingly frustrating to collect them.

RNG to have mob spawn
RNG to have proper talisman drop
RNG to get proper rarity
RNG To get items from Rigwald for achievement.

Then having to sort by Ilvl

Sort by rarity
Sort countless different kinds of talisman
sort 3 different tier of different ilvl or different rarity of talisman

It feels like a full time job to keep an inventory of these talismans.

The stats on them are cool except its nearly impossible to get a good one to wear and use. This is also reflected by the insane prices they sell for when rolled properly and how hard it is to even find decent ones for sale.

Its absolute madness in its current form. I just want to stop picking them up altogether. In fact, I think ill just farm and pay for the unid items and the rigwald 80+ and then start vendoring or leaving all talismans on the ground and be done with it....like tons of other people do.

Want the definition of unfun? The whole talisman system is that definition.

I'd like to know how GGG feels about the % of players who have completetd the full armour set. Too high or too low?

PS. And not some merry-go-round answer highlighting the goals of the league, the remaining time left in said league and whatnot. Just a straight forward answer: too high or too low.
IGN: Daario__Naharis, Captain__Harlock, Paul__Atreides
Marty__McFly, Silk__Spectre. Kylo__Ren
so i have reworked that graph a bit (sry it's not shiny).

This is how it should look like when labeled correctly.

PS: just to clarify as the graph starts at '0' this is obviously 1 challenge (that's why it is labeled challenges +1)

edit:
this translates to:
~ 36% with AT LEAST 7 challenges
~ 14% with at least 14
~ 3.5% with at least 21
~ 0.5% with at least 28

or:

~ 5% with exactly 7
~ 2.5% with exactly 14
~ 1.2% with exactly 21
~ 0.3% with exactly 28
(as seen in the first 'spiky' graph)

i also added an exponential funktion (red line) to the 2nd image. it nearly matches the distribution. *illuminati confirmed* :p

Spoiler

old graph v1.0
Last edited by Ruefl2x on Jan 15, 2016, 10:59:12 AM
"
Kezz123 wrote:

Want the definition of unfun? The whole talisman system is that definition.

says the guy with 23 challenges done.

regarding rng:
it's quite natural that players who can sink a fair amount of time into poe demand a more deterministic outcome of farming for items.

what's the reason behind the thinking that nolifing the game with more deterministic farming would you grant more items?
hint: it wouldn't as drop rates would have got adjusted down, leaving no chance for casuals to get anywhere in the game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
It's surprising to me how many people complain about the challenges. They are 10 times easier than they have been in any other league. I guess it is because now most people can get at least some of the MTX where as previously you would get nothing unless you completed all of them. I wonder if they will change it back to avoid the headache.

Yeah it sucks to have to identify the unique items. In Anarchy/ Onslaught I had to amass 500 exalts worth of items and hold them in my stash until the end of the league. This stuff doesn't even compare.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info