Talisman and Challenge Stats

ID unique items - very expensive challenges... Hate this
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
Thanks for sharing some stats. They're always very interesting to see!

I agree with a few others though that trying for the 28 is rather tiresome which is a shame because it completes the amour set. In my opinion, it's such a shame to have challenges tied to having to accumulate some wealth. It then just becomes a game of paying your way to challenges which really doesn't seem very fitting :\
Some feedback regarding talisman challenges after I read today's news post w/ statistics

Just silly that >50% of those challenges are just like this:
Fast farm low maps, farm chaos orbs, sell uniques, buy challenge.

Yeah I did that 28/32 for full armor, so I know what I'm talking about.
Someone said earlier in this forum, if you want those challenges / full armor set, go for full MF char from the beginning. Glad I did. He's not able to do T10+ maps that quickly but found lots of stuff to sell, which actually is required.

Challenges that were exceptions to this and kind of fun included:
- complete the encounters / enter unique maps (means farm the maps YOURSELF in vaal ruins merc, do Obas Grove, grab unqiue strongbox etc), still Atziri was buyout again
- Exile with Talisman hunt -> GG at who designed this. That was actually one of the best stuff to be experienced, where the player can actually work towards it (run Anarchic maps) with some, but still reasonable RNG.
- Vinktar Square Boss kill (required to buy all those staves, but the map/boss itself was cool). Did this together with a friend, the boss was designed pretty good, not just a 1hit mechanic like other bosses, but some mechanics at all, needed to run, dodge, do dmg and all well balanced. Please design more maps like this (but leave the stupid expensive recipe buyout stuff).
- Twinned maps full-clear and unique map bosses were nice, too. Until the point were you had to (again) just buy the rest since those 13+ maps just don't drop (IIQ 100+).

Whoever decided to throw in again those unique ID challenges, *censored* :-) Still they were not required for the armor, that is the good point here.

TLDR: Armor is nice and worth the time, some pretty good challenges with good concepts, but flawed with all that "just go buy it mentality" behind it.

"
papas88063 wrote:
I hit 30 challenges in the first 3 weeks of league. Got tired of spending my currency on items needed for challenges and having to buy high tier maps. So i quit. Still top 1.2% is cool. Just need zana to 8 and identify the the new uniques. Zana like 500k away from level can still do but having to do the other was not worth it in my eyes.

Being level 90 and only having T8 and T9 maps is not what I consider fun. Spending my currency on high tier maps and to purchase items needed for challenges also not fun.

Maps need to be gated by how hard they are, not by them not dropping. Your character's strength is what should dictate what you can do, not what your willing to spend.

Leveling gets boring since low tier maps, all this to try and stop a few guys from hitting 100 fast and yet those guys still outsmart GGG and the rest are screwed. Also having to do story 3 times is meh, maybe GGG should consider cutting that to 2 times around story.

I think I have finally reached the point where it's not worth playing for me. I wish you exiles all the luck.

I cannot agree with this more. I'm 91 and stuck on tier 7 maps. I'm using chisels, hammers+wetstones, alcs, chaos and rolling insane map mods that would make most run away screaming.
Still I'm not able to break even on the maps.

I really dislike the "RnG map drop" system and it has made me stop playing Talisman League.
"
Sachieiel wrote:
It seems like the graph is meant to show % of players with at least that many challenges completed. If that is the case, how can there be less % of players with at least 2 challenges completed than with at least 3 challenges completed? (this also occurs at many other points)

I wonder why no one else is recognizing this. The graph as shown is not entirely sensible. Or it is but we can't tell since the axes are not properly labeled.

So please, whoever did the graph at GGG: Could you kindly provide the labels for both axes? :)
Crit happens.
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
"
Sachieiel wrote:
It seems like the graph is meant to show % of players with at least that many challenges completed. If that is the case, how can there be less % of players with at least 2 challenges completed than with at least 3 challenges completed? (this also occurs at many other points)

I wonder why no one else is recognizing this. The graph as shown is not entirely sensible. Or it is but we can't tell since the axes are not properly labeled.

So please, whoever did the graph at GGG: Could you kindly provide the labels for both axes? :)

Seconded, can't read the graph properly...

And regardind Talismans, imho something should be done to alleviate the grind and RNG ( some other poster complained about being full of Primal Skull T2 Tali, I can't find those and abound in Splitnewt and Fangjaws ). Maybe a small chance at findind a T2 in the wild or a vendor recipe like : 3 of same type Tali yield a different(known)tali of same tier...

Thx for the stats (and this great game), keep 'em coming!!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
It seems to be the number of people at X challenges completed relative to the number of people with 1 challenge completed. But yeah, its kind of strange way to represent this sort of data.
As you can see, I also got 28/28 for the full armor set. The challenges I left open are

- ID new unique items
- ID rigwald items
- ID treasures
- recipes

The rigwald items are somewhat okay. Since they are part of the very new content to this league, i can understand GGG that they wanted to build a challenge around it.

The treasures are okay as well. You pay several ex für an unidentified item but most of them are still a good chunk of currency after being identified.

The recipe challenge, i can't say too much about this because i did'nt really care after getting my helmet. Therefore, i have no clue how many ex in total are needed for this one.

And last but not least, the identify new uniques challenge. I hate it. It's the worst challenge out of all the 32. You have to pay several ex for an unidentified item which is worth 1c afterwards. And it's not only five, no, it's a huge list. And it is not "identify x out of y"; it is identify them all. This challenge simply is burning currency like crazy.
Just a note to all the people complaining about the unique id challenges: You waited too long to complete it. Those were challenges I set out to complete from the start and continually checked prices on all the ones I needed. I paid 2ex for the Rigwald sword (had the other three drop) and came close to breaking even on all the treasures I had to buy. The new unique items was where starting early and watching really paid off. While I do not remember all the prices on the items I bought I do remember that the most I had to pay was 50c for allure as well as repentance (found an aylardex). other than those two I dont believe I piad more than 10c for any of them. As i recall, faminebind, feastbind, and kongming's were 4c, 5c, and 5c. These challenges become more of an issue the longer into the league it is but at the start they are not hard.

TLDR. Id challenges are cheap if you do them correctly.
"
Sachieiel wrote:

I think the graph is wrong too, if it's % of players with at least X challenges completed it should be that each bin is smaller the the previous; while if it's % of players with exactly X challenges completed....well that should sum up to 100%...

I think something in the process of making that went wrong :P
(Nevertheless I think the stats will be similar anyway and say the same things :) )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info