Talisman and Challenge Stats

"
pelife123 wrote:
I like to see how noticeable are the depression/spikes in 13~14 and 20~21. So people who reach 13 and 20 push it hard for the next armor piece but once they get there they sit there thinking if it's possible/worth going for the next one.

I've got 32 challenges yesterday, some of my "stats":
- Level 93 on main character;
- I"ve made 6 alternate characters and all are lv 70~80 (spent 2~3 days on each)
- My main character is a triple totem bladefall with 60% iiq and 70% iir.
- I've only purchased 3 items for my main character: Soul Mantle for 1 chaos; Sadima's Touch for 8 chaos and after lv 90 I've purchased a Thief's Torment for 10 chaos so temporal chains maps wouldn't be that boring.
- Always running unidentified maps when possible, if not, at least rare and quality for T7+;
- I've got 3 T15 maps, 6 T14, 7 T13, 12 T12, 30+ T11 and 60+ T10;
- /Played: 12 days and 9 hours (I leave AFK a lot so I can't tell precisely how much of this was actually gameplay);
- Doing Zana's rotation every single day since third day of the league, only got her to 8 yesterday;
- After ~21 challenges it was a "purchase" spree. Had to buy about half of the new uniques, 3 rigwalds uniques, 1 treasure, paid for avatar of thunder, paid for T15 boss and twinned, paid for rigwald 80, bought all unique maps and bought 3 divination cards (3 chains that bind that I was missing, all the other cards were self found).
- I"ve spent about 10~15 exalts buying challenges.

That last bit is something that i strongly disagree with these challenges... I could have done rigwald 80 and T15 twinned (after a few tries) on my own, probably could have done the Avatar of Thunder and the 3 missing rigwald's uniques aswell if RNG didn't troll me, but paying was faster AND cheaper than do them on my own... so why would I bother?

I also disagree these challenges are easy than the past league ones. They are about as much time consuming as the previous ones, but since they are spread (32 instead of 8) you can see your "improvement" (instead of getting stuck at 3/8 for 2 weeks) giving you this false idea. In addition there was SOOOOOOOOOOO much more sharing this league than the others.

Sick zadrot is detected. Did you heard something real life about? Don't whine.
"
Sevaloc wrote:
This just shows how few people have a tali higher than the lowest tier.

or how good the implicit of some tier 1 talis are ;)
"
Sick zadrot is detected. Did you heard something real life about? Don't whine.

I'm sorry, your english is really bad but i'll assume you were trying to insult me.

I've posted that for those who were curious about it. I agree that I've played a lot during the past five weeks, but believe me, everyone who reached 32 challenges did aswell. As I said, I used to leave my guy AFK for long periods, I believe that I've played an average of 5 hours everyday in the past five weeks.

I don't know what you call a real life, but I have a job, I study, I spend some time with my dog everyday, I go to the gym... trying to insult strangers on the internet because they managed to do something I didn't is not my thing though.
"
Kezz123 wrote:
Just want to chime in to say how HORRIBLY Bad the whole talisman implementation is.

layers over layers over layers of rng and mind numbingly frustrating to collect them.

RNG to have mob spawn
RNG to have proper talisman drop
RNG to get proper rarity
RNG To get items from Rigwald for achievement.

Then having to sort by Ilvl

Sort by rarity
Sort countless different kinds of talisman
sort 3 different tier of different ilvl or different rarity of talisman

It feels like a full time job to keep an inventory of these talismans.

The stats on them are cool except its nearly impossible to get a good one to wear and use. This is also reflected by the insane prices they sell for when rolled properly and how hard it is to even find decent ones for sale.

Its absolute madness in its current form. I just want to stop picking them up altogether. In fact, I think ill just farm and pay for the unid items and the rigwald 80+ and then start vendoring or leaving all talismans on the ground and be done with it....like tons of other people do.

Want the definition of unfun? The whole talisman system is that definition.

This!
I couldn't agree more.
So what is the number of players who have completed the 32 challenges? It would be awesome if there was someway to see a ladder list of those people who have completed all challenges first. Maybe just the top 50 or so as you did when you made the t-shirt challenge leagues
I really wish you gave more exact numbers or at least the percentage for 32 challenges. Feels really unrewarding having 28 recognised and 32 not.
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
papas88063 wrote:
I hit 30 challenges in the first 3 weeks of league. Got tired of spending my currency on items needed for challenges and having to buy high tier maps. So i quit. Still top 1.2% is cool. Just need zana to 8 and identify the the new uniques. Zana like 500k away from level can still do but having to do the other was not worth it in my eyes.

Being level 90 and only having T8 and T9 maps is not what I consider fun. Spending my currency on high tier maps and to purchase items needed for challenges also not fun.

Maps need to be gated by how hard they are, not by them not dropping. Your character's strength is what should dictate what you can do, not what your willing to spend.

Leveling gets boring since low tier maps, all this to try and stop a few guys from hitting 100 fast and yet those guys still outsmart GGG and the rest are screwed. Also having to do story 3 times is meh, maybe GGG should consider cutting that to 2 times around story.

I think I have finally reached the point where it's not worth playing for me. I wish you exiles all the luck.

Well you're the perfect example why challenges in PoE are not great at all and how some people somehow manage to focus solely on that. You've burnt yourself out completely, and why? For some numbers on the forum? Try to have fun again man, ignore pointless 'challenges'.
If I focused on forum numbers or achievements I'd be ready to kill myself. Learn to enjoy the game guys, really, I'm so sad to see there are still people that think achievements are fun, but they are telling lies to themselves.

I guess i didn't state it clearly enough. Challenges suck because they make you spend your currency on them instead of making your character stronger. The worst in this game though is being level 90 with t8 and a couple of t9s as your highest maps. No fun in that. I really love the game, but end game content should not be gated by rng. Even Atziri only cost like 5c to get the pieces insteaf of 1ex or higher for a t15, they were selling for at the time. Personally i dont enjoy killing shit in t9 with my eyes closed because its so easy but cant do higher maps cuz they dont drop.
Last edited by papas88063 on Jan 15, 2016, 7:06:00 PM
It sucks that the challenges are the same for standard and HC... I never play standard, but I will make a standard character(that I will never play again) just to get all the remaining challenges if I have to.. Please GGG, make different challenges for SC and HC as you used to do. This concept is much much worse, I can't find the right words for it.

Otherwise Talisman is my favourite league shared with Nemesis.
May the RNG be with you.
I hate Zana.....
To all of you that think it's weird with more % on 2 challenges than 3.

Look at the challenges.

Some are just pure RNG and you get 2 challenges for getting to merciless, so it's not to strange...
this thing with PoE aint about math and numbers, for a change..
May the RNG be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info