[2.1 Video Guide] Tanky End-Game Kinetic Blast Wander Build [HC/SC Viable]

"
therealjcool wrote:
Having played a couple Ele KB wanders myself, I don't think this build is the way to go, sorry bro. With the possibility of using either attack leech from Duelist, or EB with MGOH jewels, using the BM gem just doesn't make sense to me. For example, by using 4x +3 ES gained on hit jewels in conjuction with EB, I was able to spam a 6L KB GMP Chain setup with 110 mana cost at over 3 APS easily.
And for single target, you say? Ah... easy. Just use the (newly buffed!) barrage and you never run out vs. Bosses, ever! Plus you don't lose a precious gem slot on your single target, which really can't afford to lose a support IMO. Especially not in HC where single target DPS is often a problem for wanders (I play HC myself exclusively).

I also don't think that using the newly nerfed Blooddancers is a good idea. I really don't get why GGG nerfed them, the 1% regen was all they had going for them. With the new ones, you sacrifice a lot of DPS, no life and no res just for a few % of life regen - totally not worth it IMO. If you really can't get the required 4% from the tree, use a fragile Bloom or something, even that would be better than 0.5% Blooddancers :/

Rest of the build is a solid standard life-based wander, but there are better ways to do it now.

Do you have a skilltree you had in mind?
"
therealjcool wrote:
Having played a couple Ele KB wanders myself, I don't think this build is the way to go, sorry bro. With the possibility of using either attack leech from Duelist, or EB with MGOH jewels, using the BM gem just doesn't make sense to me. For example, by using 4x +3 ES gained on hit jewels in conjuction with EB, I was able to spam a 6L KB GMP Chain setup with 110 mana cost at over 3 APS easily.
And for single target, you say? Ah... easy. Just use the (newly buffed!) barrage and you never run out vs. Bosses, ever! Plus you don't lose a precious gem slot on your single target, which really can't afford to lose a support IMO. Especially not in HC where single target DPS is often a problem for wanders (I play HC myself exclusively).

I also don't think that using the newly nerfed Blooddancers is a good idea. I really don't get why GGG nerfed them, the 1% regen was all they had going for them. With the new ones, you sacrifice a lot of DPS, no life and no res just for a few % of life regen - totally not worth it IMO. If you really can't get the required 4% from the tree, use a fragile Bloom or something, even that would be better than 0.5% Blooddancers :/

Rest of the build is a solid standard life-based wander, but there are better ways to do it now.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I obviously like my "own" version better as I otherwise wouldn't have gone with it.

Your suggestion is however a great alternative. I like the barrage idea especially.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
First of all Hi Lift! and hi to all guys of Path of Exile :)

I have spent nearly a month now in Talisman playing a wander with a nice ele wand i found the first days of the league!So i tried all gems KB - Power Siphon - Barrage!

At this moment iam playing barrage with volley fire jewells introduced into the game in 2.1 that gives us additional projectiles!

My problem with Kinetic Blast was the single target damage and i wasnt satisfied with a 4link for my single target!

Kinetic Blast with pierce is just INSANE for clear Speed as lift mentions!If u find a nice way to deal with high life bosses its perfect!

Me personally wanted to test barrage so iam now using a 6link Barrage for all purposes!

Important note! If u reach insane numbers of damage and invest too much in crit i suggest going vaal pact to help u against reflect guys or play carefully without it and control your hits!

Also if u guys search a good alternative way to Maligaros 2ex price in new leagues go with Facebreakers!

Finally i want to point out a big advantage of barrage so far for me!
No need for GMP reduces the mana cost to the point that iam fine with just 1!!yeah only 1 0,4% mana leech point!

All good info, thank you for sharing! And yes I agree for insane dps numbers VP is definitely the way to go :)
"
Glordag wrote:
Is there any particular reason you didn't take the Survivalist node over something like those straggler nodes past Revenge of the Hunted or maybe a couple of straggler life nodes? I suppose you could even skip one of the extra power charge or crit nodes for a couple of levels?

It seems like the extra 48% evasion, 14% all resists, and 1% max cold resist would be really helpful. I'm still new-ish, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or if those defensive stats aren't as useful as they seem.

Edit: realized it didn't link where I thought, so I had to tweak the numbers I listed, but my question still stands.

It is simply a matter of it not being efficient compared to the point cost mate. The points are better spent elsewhere :)
"
modalux1 wrote:
First off, I just want to say that I am REALLY enjoying this build so far. Only level 62, but playing in Talisman Hardcore and not having any trouble at all. The clear speed is simply amazing.

I do have one question though. I know your guide said that for the merciless bandits you can help either kraityn or alira. Do you have a preference for this? Considering I am playing hardcore and I DO have The Blood Dance boots, would taking the frenzy charge be better? I really don't know if the frenzy charge or the power charge would be more beneficial.

Thanks!

Glad you are enjoying it mate!

I prefer Alira tbh, at least if you are on a budget. The extra power charge makes it much easier to get 75-80% crit chance without having to spend too much currency on a wand and it also greatly synergizes with the Fusillade. That said if you have really good gear and can cover our crit chance anyway, then the Frenzy charge is better :)
"
therealjcool wrote:

I do agree that there is no point running blood dance, but BM + life leech + vp works.

Frost wall and existing obstacles in maps are the way to deal with single target.

I know BM is not optimal but it works. I posted a showcase thread earlier this league with some videos and you can check it out if interested.
Link
Last edited by joeshinつ on Jan 18, 2016, 5:01:11 PM
Got some tips for this build.

Go extra damage , not blood magic. Take eldritch battery as we are going past it anyway. Stack Evasion/ES gear. Theres 3 attack damage mana leech nodes right near the bottom life cluster you will get which can help get your ESmana back. Assasin's mark also replenishes your energy shield on kill. Barrage can get your ES back for you if you bottom out.

Oh, good elreon rings to make barrage cost nothing as well. When you're not using ES for skills it will recharge itself along with any leech u have.

edit: the mana leech nodes are useless because ES is coded to stop regen/leeching if you use a skill that costs ES so we need "recover mana instantly" node like Vaal pact to counter this. thanks GGG lol

so for now you just need anything that will give u mana gained on kill. There is soul siphon if that helps.
Kana-chan's Bench Crafting
IGN: Waited so long, use the copypaste below <3
Copypasta: @Frozen_Orb Hi, I would like to buy your Craft Service in Expedition

Please leave a vouch after I craft for you <3
Last edited by kanameclan on Jan 19, 2016, 8:23:16 AM
"
I do agree that there is no point running blood dance, but BM + life leech + vp works.

Frost wall and existing obstacles in maps are the way to deal with single target.

I know BM is not optimal but it works. I posted a showcase thread earlier this league with some videos and you can check it out if interested.
Link

What is it about Blood Dance you find not worthy? I mean it allows us to easily generate frenzy charges, grants a bit of regen to sustain BM and some evasion and movement speed. A pretty efficient item imo.

Without these you would have to spend additional skill-points for extra life regen in order to sustain a blood rage.
"
GurkanG wrote:
What would you use in Twyzel for leveling? Kinetic Blast + Blood Magic + LMP/GMP?

KB, GMP & Faster attacks. Leave out blood magic for later and use a mana potion until then :)
Is there any reason you don't use Phase Acrobatics in this build?

It seems like the 4 points for 10% dodge and 30% spell dodge would be worth it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info