[2.1 Video Guide] Tanky End-Game Kinetic Blast Wander Build [HC/SC Viable]

"
Mooginator wrote:
"

Wand builds starts of slow and feels pretty sluggish in the beginning. I mentioned that you should expect that a few times in the video as well.

As you also can see from the video however, that is definitely not the case for late game.

Hey Lifting, do you have any typed recommendations for getting through the "sluggish" period? Also, when do things begin to really come together? 50, etc?

Thanks a ton for the response; I'm still sticking with it! Just surprised at how slow/cumbersome it is (especially with single targets) in the mid 30's.

To be completely honest, leveling KB during that transition phase has probably been my worst leveling experience ever, the single target is absolutely horrible at that time and KB itself feels a bit sluggish. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot to do about it other than waiting it out. Making sure to manually cast frost wall against single targets makes a big difference. Later when you have more crit you can use it together with CoC and Barrage. That said I honestly just recommend skipping rares early on. They are not worth the effort.
Leveling wise I feel it became much better at around level 50+ (depending on you gear) but it isn't until 65+ that it really starts to pick up. The good thing is however that at that point in time it starts to become VERY powerful. Wand builds are insane late guy, but suck early game to be fair. At least in my experience.

You can potentially keep using flame totem for a prolonged time, but yea =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jan 9, 2016, 6:36:54 PM
"
"

Yeah i'm using Blood Dance and using a 6 link is practically impossible and fighting a boss with no adds around is almost suicide. Any chance you can post your gear?

I honestly have no idea why you would be dropping your life that fast. How much life regeneration do you have per second? You can alternatively add in life leech to help with your problem. This will make reflect safer as well. What is your damage btw?

You can see the characters gear by clicking my profile and locating the "LiftingWandsBro" character.

Yeah, it seems very strange. My damage is 8k with HoI, HoT and Wrath (no power or frenzy charges). My life regen is 40, which seems really low and why i was wondering where you got so much.
Last edited by jackals1234 on Jan 10, 2016, 2:30:33 AM
Lifting. what level do you recommend we start looking to replace Twyzel?
All that and a bag of chips!
BTW what's the difference between Critical Strike and Critical Strike for Spells for this build?
"
Mooginator wrote:
BTW what's the difference between Critical Strike and Critical Strike for Spells for this build?

Critical strike for spells is limited to affecting just "spells", this means any skill-gem that has the keyword "spell" in it.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Critical strike for spells is limited to affecting just "spells", this means any skill-gem that has the keyword "spell" in it.

Gotcha; so Spell Crit has no impact on Kinetic Blast (which is Attack, AoE, Projectile).
Im doing this build , im 55 atm and the lvling isnt to hard, right now the damage looks great, INSANE CLEAR SPEED with a lots of mob, but single target isnt too good

PS: piercy really worth it??? if the projectile pierce, will do the explosion??
Last edited by joaonocker on Jan 12, 2016, 1:10:57 AM
How much elemental DPS should we look for in a mapping weapon? I am not impressed by what I find on POE.TRADE. Maybe my expectations are too high.
As much as I want to enjoy this... I can't think of a single actual reason (outside of aesthetics/feel) to play this spec over a standard Bow Ranger of any kind. They have as good or better clear with actual single target damage and FAAAAAR more convenient leveling. It's also much easier to find appropriate weapons (though the high-end ones are expensive).
"
As much as I want to enjoy this... I can't think of a single actual reason (outside of aesthetics/feel) to play this spec over a standard Bow Ranger of any kind. They have as good or better clear with actual single target damage and FAAAAAR more convenient leveling. It's also much easier to find appropriate weapons (though the high-end ones are expensive).

I'm in agreement. I took this to 69 and while the clear speed is good for groups, the single target, even with barrage/frost wall, just plain sucks. And the investment cost to get it "really good" is quite substantial IMO. It was an interesting experience (tedious from 30-55 or so) -- but once I hit 50-55 it felt more fun and balanced save single targets. But at level 69 even some rares take me 10 seconds to take down (even with trapping them in a frost wall). The other issue is the int cost of upgrading your wands and balancing that all out. It's more frustrating than fun IMO. Don't get me wrong; Lifting does some of the best guides out there -- hands off to him for presenting something new and different -- but it's just not for me. Kind of like the bladefall trapper - I took that to ~60 and just walked away; the "style" just wasn't fun for me (and end-game survivability was highly questionable). One thing I will say about this build is that it IS very, very tanky (has great survivability) and clears groups rather quickly - but single target - forget about it :)
Last edited by Mooginator on Jan 12, 2016, 12:48:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info