Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

"
redbeardsec wrote:
Hey djnat, could you post your gear please? Im really interested in trying out Pathfinder versus Deadeye, but I worry my gear wouldn't support the loss in power. You sound like you're doing well with it, so I thought perhaps I could use your character as a measuring stick to gauge my own preparedness before investing the regrets.

Thanks!

This is the gear I use when running maps:

It's pretty good, I am just searching for a very good upgrade for the second ring slot to complete it (a coral ring with more life if compared to my gold ring, to gain about 150-200 final health, would be fine, because I need tons of resists on jewelry). Then I could just add some more corruption on gems, but it's a question of luck and time. :D

My stats are 4490 health / 1067 mana (266 unreserved).

Blast rain tooltip with flasks and 8 frenzy charges up (about 100% of the time in maps) is 105k.

QotF is used because I have some good evasion gear / talents and with the evasion flask my rating goes to about 20k resulting in a very nice speed boost.

I don't run power charges because I use Poacher's mark to have 100% flask uptime.

My flask setup:

I've tried various flask combos and finally I decided to stick with this one.

For elemental weakness maps I run

to be super safe.

When I go for bosses like Atziri, I replace Mirror arrow with Frenzy in the helmet and put it in boots removing faster attacks. And I use the non corrupted Atziri's step I have got with the lightning damage enchantment (when not having recently killed) on.

EDIT: I don't really think Pathfinder has any "power loss" when compared to Deadeye. Deadeye has a great LA output because she doesn't need the chain support gem to overwhelm packs and can go for increased critical strikes, which is a huge gain. On the other hand, the Pathfinder poisons on ALL hits (including LA chaining arrows / Herald of thunder procs). Plus, the diamond flask DPS gain is HUGE in both single target and AoE scenario. Pathfinder's poison is very strong, it's basically a double 7-link with an increased poison duration. This frees up a gem slot in the Blast Rain setup and I chose to use Faster Attacks, because this way the poison stacking is insane. You can really see things melt so quickly... I just did a triple packsize mod Shrine some minutes ago and Piety went down in like 2 seconds.

If you have any questions about passive tree, feel free to ask. I often read the forums, and try to answer when I'm not at work. :)
Last edited by djnat on May 3, 2016, 6:22:08 PM
Spoiler
"
djnat wrote:
"
redbeardsec wrote:
Hey djnat, could you post your gear please? Im really interested in trying out Pathfinder versus Deadeye, but I worry my gear wouldn't support the loss in power. You sound like you're doing well with it, so I thought perhaps I could use your character as a measuring stick to gauge my own preparedness before investing the regrets.

Thanks!

It's pretty good, I am just searching for a very good upgrade for the second ring slot to complete it (a coral ring with more life if compared to my gold ring, to gain about 150-200 final health, would be fine, because I need tons of resists on jewelry). Then I could just add some more corruption on gems, but it's a question of luck and time. :D

Blast rain tooltip with flasks and 8 frenzy charges up (about 100% of the time in maps) is 105k.

QotF is used because I have some good evasion gear / talents and with the evasion flask my rating goes to about 20k resulting in a very nice speed boost.

I don't run power charges because I use Poacher's mark to have 100% flask uptime.

My flask setup:

to be super safe.

When I go for bosses like Atziri, I replace Mirror arrow with Frenzy in the helmet and put it in boots removing faster attacks. And I use the non corrupted Atziri's step I have got with the lightning damage enchantment (when not having recently killed) on.

EDIT: I don't really think Pathfinder has any "power loss" when compared to Deadeye. Deadeye has a great LA output because she doesn't need the chain support gem to overwhelm packs and can go for increased critical strikes, which is a huge gain. On the other hand, the Pathfinder poisons on ALL hits (including LA chaining arrows / Herald of thunder procs). Plus, the diamond flask DPS gain is HUGE in both single target and AoE scenario. Pathfinder's poison is very strong, it's basically a double 7-link with an increased poison duration. This frees up a gem slot in the Blast Rain setup and I chose to use Faster Attacks, because this way the poison stacking is insane. You can really see things melt so quickly... I just did a triple packsize mod Shrine some minutes ago and Piety went down in like 2 seconds.

If you have any questions about passive tree, feel free to ask. I often read the forums, and try to answer when I'm not at work. :)

Could you record an Uber run? Wonder how you stack up against my damage on Double Vaal / Trio? :>
"
Damier wrote:
Spoiler
"
djnat wrote:
"
redbeardsec wrote:

Thanks!

My flask setup:

to be super safe.

Could you record an Uber run? Wonder how you stack up against my damage on Double Vaal / Trio? :>

It shouldn't be any huge difference. I have a Deadeye with Far Shot. Done several test runs where I was right next to vaal/atziri. There was no significant difference compared to when I was at afarther distance using BR. Could be crit rng or so, But I was using Diamond Flask
IRL stuff
"
Ayvi wrote:

It shouldn't be any huge difference. I have a Deadeye with Far Shot. Done several test runs where I was right next to vaal/atziri. There was no significant difference compared to when I was at afarther distance using BR. Could be crit rng or so, But I was using Diamond Flask

I can assure you there's a huge difference between standing far away and standing close to a target.
"
djnat wrote:
"
sloth1043 wrote:
So just started this build. I'm really liking it as its my first ranged build. I'm level 74 with most 20/20 gems and okayish gear.

The only problem I have is using blood rage properly. I'm a total noob, but I feel so rushed trying to run from pack to pack to keep leeching so my hp doesn't fall down too low. On a couple occasions I died because of poor management. For bosses am I suppose to pop vaal clarity / haste and flasks and spam blast rain?

If anyone has some tips on the management of blood rage, either then just 'git gud', I'd really appreciate it. :)

There are basically 3 ways to solve blood rage issues:

1. Remove Vaal pact from talents if you feel comfortable without it, and be sure to grab at least 3 life regen nodes like Heart of the Oak, Master of the Arena and Golem's Blood, and to take the vitality void half-cluster to get full benefits from increased life leeched per second
2. Remove the skill gem from gear when you feel you are getting too low HP, then re-put it in its original place
3. My preferred solution and the one I'm using currently:

Acuity let you leech (both life AND mana) instantly on crit without being forced to use Vaal Pact, and coupled with the regen nodes they trivialize the Blood Rage degen. They're a slight DPS loss when compared to Facebreakers, but it sounds fine if you consider that they makes easier for you to find very good jewelry without intellect on it. They also have a nice health bonus.

The only downside is that they are VERY expensive atm. And for a good reason.

At bosses you should use Blast rain only, the only exception being a few fights you would want to offscreen with LA.

Thanks for the advice! Was really helpful. I picked up Acuity's and specc'd into Master of the Arena since it was the only one I was already missing. Sure I lost some DPS, but keeping Blood Rage active is so easy now! I hardly notice the degen and the leech from Acuity's is so nice! :D
"
Damier wrote:
"
Ayvi wrote:

I can assure you there's a huge difference between standing far away and standing close to a target.

Did some sample runs after I got home. I will upload the video when it's done processing

Edit: Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaiy658A4O4

@ Vaal fight, even when I'm at a distance, there have been times where I could not kill vaal before it submerged, putting me in the same situation as close distance.
Kill time:
Up close : ~ 10 seconds (Not including the time waiting for it to resurface. I was getting hit by snake which put me in hit recovery and did not have atziri flask charge for the 2nd vaal)
Distance : ~8 seconds

@ Atziri (Not including heal phase time)
Up close : 1 Minute (I'm sure it would have been much closer if I didn't have to run away and run back to my position right next to her)
Distance : ~52 Seconds

BR tooltip at ~47k with Golem, Herald, Wrath.
Crit chance at 49.74%

So I stand by my statement that there is no huge difference for BR when using Far Shot. Also, I'm not doing this dps test at trio for obvious reasons. No reason to stand next to them.
IRL stuff
Last edited by Ayvi on May 5, 2016, 12:05:33 AM
"
Ayvi wrote:
So I stand by my statement that there is no huge difference for BR when using Far Shot. Also, I'm not doing this dps test at trio for obvious reasons. No reason to stand next to them.

This should be due to the fact that you cannot off-screen with Blast Rain, while the full damage potential of Far Shot is probably reached over a distance which is greater than that.

I suppose that, from my (and your) tests, Blast Rain's far shot maximum potential is about 15% more damage.

Obviously it's a lot better for LA.
Last edited by djnat on May 4, 2016, 11:28:51 PM
"
djnat wrote:
"
Ayvi wrote:

This should be due to the fact that you cannot off-screen with Blast Rain, while the full damage potential of Far Shot is probably reached over a distance which is greater than that.

I suppose that, from my (and your) tests, Blast Rain's far shot maximum potential is about 15%.

We still don't know the confirmed ranged for Far Shot. This is just a debate that Damier said it was a huge difference, whereas I was saying it's not that significant for BR
IRL stuff
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
djnat wrote:
"
Ayvi wrote:

I suppose that, from my (and your) tests, Blast Rain's far shot maximum potential is about 15%.

We still don't know the confirmed ranged for Far Shot. This is just a debate that Damier said it was a huge difference, whereas I was saying it's not that significant for BR

What is your gem link setup for BR?
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on May 5, 2016, 8:55:58 AM
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
What is your gem link setup for BR?

Same set up you're using
IRL stuff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info