Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

"
pray1995 wrote:
gem wise ill upgrade when i get the chance. because my server is almost dead compare to global .. lol
Quiver im waiting for perandus to end and my friend will sell me a GG 1...
my amulet i fail exalt cast speed n armour. i need the res so i cant change xD

I edited my previous post, adding more info about your flasks and passive tree. :)
Hi there all,

So i finally got some stuff upgraded (mainly Gems) and will go for some Uberruns.

First of all my damage really made a significant jump when i look back at my previous posts.

Buffed with Auras and Golem in Hideout:

67.145 BR, 110.515 LA

Buffed with 6 Frenzies and 3 Powercharges:

114.335 BR, 185.322 LA

Buffed with Charges, Atziri's Promise and Vaal Haste:

152.096 BR, 263.159 LA

(As a small addition since i'm running the Lightning damage buff on boots which only works if you _havent_ killed recently, which is amazing for Uber, it is 72.5k BR and 119.3k on LA in Hideout; I think i can reach maybe around 5-10% more damage with some good divine orbs and some optimized Rings ( Both diamond base ) but to get that is super hard in temp leagues)

So i have the following plan:

I will do a Video where i Run Uber with my full gear to show what's possible. It will be commented a bit, especially when it comes to approaching Trio and Atziri.

Second Video i'd like to make is either with 5 or 4 Linked BR to simulate worse gear to show how to do that with "normal" and not overtuned gear. I will also explain the approach there and tell you what stats you'd want to look for, which flasks (i would recommend) to use and where to position yourself, which basically wont vary much from my normal runs.

Hopefully some of you would be interested in the latter one.
Last edited by Damier on Apr 28, 2016, 5:34:25 PM
Hey Damier!

Have you considered the idea of using a Diamond Flask? With the insane gear you have got, it should be a monstrous single target dps upgrade, especially when you can't rely on power charges (i.e. @ "difficult" content like uber trio / Atziri or endgame map bosses like core Malachai) and your crit chance is lower than the "mapping" one at full charges.

What is your current crit chance on Blast Rain and Lightning Arrow in hideout?
"
djnat wrote:
Hey Damier!

Have you considered the idea of using a Diamond Flask? With the insane gear you have got, it should be a monstrous single target dps upgrade, especially when you can't rely on power charges (i.e. @ "difficult" content like uber trio / Atziri or endgame map bosses like core Malachai) and your crit chance is lower than the "mapping" one at full charges.

What is your current crit chance on Blast Rain and Lightning Arrow in hideout?

Currently sitting on 49.62% with BR and 74,1% with LA. Problem is, i cant see a slot to really fit it in. I don't want to replace one of my defensive ones exactly due to the reason that my DPS is nuts already and stuff dies super quickly including mapbosses.

I have basically 90% hitchance resulting in 45% crit on BR and say 66% Crit chance on LA due to double check roll for crits.

Let's say i use Diamond, which i'm not sure if the double roll is applied before or after the double hit roll for critical strikes. Let's assume it is applied after for making it easier to calculate.

It results in basically 70% crit on BR, so 25% more (relatively speaking 50% more). With LA it's 88%. This is w/o charges, so it will hit cap with charges and diamond flask running. With atziri's i got around 17% more damage. I can test Diamond instead of Atziri's but i'm not that sure it will be a notable boost. Bu i'll try :-)

In case i'll do the video with the simulated "worse gear" i think i ll rather try a more offensive flask setup to compensate for the DPS loss.
Last edited by Damier on Apr 28, 2016, 5:42:57 PM
I think that if you get a diamond flask with movement speed bonus on it, you can "sacrifice" the quicksilver one. But maybe my perspective is altered by the fact that I am playing pathfinder and I get insane movement speed buffs from Silver flask, Adrenaline mod on Basalt, The Retch and Nature's Adrenaline. Quicksilver flask for me is nearly un-playable lol, because I go TOO fast with it.
Last edited by djnat on Apr 28, 2016, 5:48:41 PM
So i did a video about how i approach Uber on my runs and managed to record a good run. I explained some minor strategies for each of the bosses.

Double Vaal both died before submerging, deeps deeps ^_^

Rest was quasi deathless (i dodged 1 Flameblast from Atziri, so...yeah... it isnt deathless in that sense)

Hope you enjoy!

Click me for Video
Last edited by Damier on Apr 28, 2016, 10:20:10 PM
So just started this build. I'm really liking it as its my first ranged build. I'm level 74 with most 20/20 gems and okayish gear.

The only problem I have is using blood rage properly. I'm a total noob, but I feel so rushed trying to run from pack to pack to keep leeching so my hp doesn't fall down too low. On a couple occasions I died because of poor management. For bosses am I suppose to pop vaal clarity / haste and flasks and spam blast rain?

If anyone has some tips on the management of blood rage, either then just 'git gud', I'd really appreciate it. :)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_Rage

If you look at the Wiki, the DoT from Blood Rage cannot be mitigated by Armour (and thus only things that have the effect "Reduced Damage Taken Over Time" like Leo's mod which unfortunately cannot be crafted into this build in any way.

I think last time someone brought this up, we discussed having an extra pot as well as opening your INV and taking out the Blood Rage gem if you are in a poor map layout or have to backtrack, which will stop the skill.

Btw I think you bought gems from me earlier ^^
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
sloth1043 wrote:
So just started this build. I'm really liking it as its my first ranged build. I'm level 74 with most 20/20 gems and okayish gear.

The only problem I have is using blood rage properly. I'm a total noob, but I feel so rushed trying to run from pack to pack to keep leeching so my hp doesn't fall down too low. On a couple occasions I died because of poor management. For bosses am I suppose to pop vaal clarity / haste and flasks and spam blast rain?

If anyone has some tips on the management of blood rage, either then just 'git gud', I'd really appreciate it. :)

There are basically 3 ways to solve blood rage issues:

1. Remove Vaal pact from talents if you feel comfortable without it, and be sure to grab at least 3 life regen nodes like Heart of the Oak, Master of the Arena and Golem's Blood, and to take the vitality void half-cluster to get full benefits from increased life leeched per second
2. Remove the skill gem from gear when you feel you are getting too low HP, then re-put it in its original place
3. My preferred solution and the one I'm using currently:

Acuity let you leech (both life AND mana) instantly on crit without being forced to use Vaal Pact, and coupled with the regen nodes they trivialize the Blood Rage degen. They're a slight DPS loss when compared to Facebreakers, but it sounds fine if you consider that they makes easier for you to find very good jewelry without intellect on it. They also have a nice health bonus.

The only downside is that they are VERY expensive atm. And for a good reason.

At bosses you should use Blast rain only, the only exception being a few fights you would want to offscreen with LA.
Last edited by djnat on May 2, 2016, 12:10:08 AM
Hey djnat, could you post your gear please? Im really interested in trying out Pathfinder versus Deadeye, but I worry my gear wouldn't support the loss in power. You sound like you're doing well with it, so I thought perhaps I could use your character as a measuring stick to gauge my own preparedness before investing the regrets.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info