Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Managed to 6L my spare Voltaxic. I was using all fuses i couldfind over last week, total about 400 i think. After adding lev 1 void manipulation to my LA DPS jumped by 8k or so. Now with golem, blood rage nad 7 frenzy charges it's about 80k. And that without 20/20 crit gem and void manipulation on level 12.
"
top603 wrote:
"
djnat wrote:
Ok, top603.

Your goal is to grab Thick Skin, Golem's blood and Hired Killer in the next 9 levels. Your HP pool should be a lot better then.

Last you can go for Blood Drinker's half cluster.

Hey, I reset some skill points and used them for those points which are what you said. and now my life is 3536. I hope I can have 4k at least at lvl 92 or higher. Cheers!!

dont forget to get % max life on every jewel, that will boost your HP by a lot
Seriously, please post a leveling tree/gear/etc?? thx
"
Qpwnzz wrote:

Seriously, there's nothing special to levelling this build. Use "Storm Cloud" or "Roth's Reach" or any other weapon you find, it will work just well... just use like... split arrow or flame totem for the first few levels, it really doesn't matter much. Same for the tree. Depending on what class you start with (Ranger/Shadow/Scion/Duelist, all work pretty well) just set out to get whatever you like the most first. Some people go for all the hp first, some go for all the damage first, try to get some basic stats before crit chance or something but it won't change much, level ~70 is quick enough to reach and by that time your tree will have every key part already (leech from the duelist area, knock back on crit, projectile and chaos dmg, vaal pact if you want it). If you want check out the trees on my characters (Aesthetically Challenged, Anderherz and so on) for variations of a tree.
"
Anderherz wrote:
"
Qpwnzz wrote:

Seriously, there's nothing special to levelling this build. Use "Storm Cloud" or "Roth's Reach" or any other weapon you find, it will work just well... just use like... split arrow or flame totem for the first few levels, it really doesn't matter much. Same for the tree. Depending on what class you start with (Ranger/Shadow/Scion/Duelist, all work pretty well) just set out to get whatever you like the most first. Some people go for all the hp first, some go for all the damage first, try to get some basic stats before crit chance or something but it won't change much, level ~70 is quick enough to reach and by that time your tree will have every key part already (leech from the duelist area, knock back on crit, projectile and chaos dmg, vaal pact if you want it). If you want check out the trees on my characters (Aesthetically Challenged, Anderherz and so on) for variations of a tree.

The people who think that the Thread Owners owe them something are adorable, though.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Why poison gem?

I'm having loads of fun with the build but I just don't understand why poison. It's not giving me any dps. I don't have any source of poison only chaos damage. Hope you know what I mean.
please check my tree/ gears. any suggestion for improvement thanks!
ign fluffymeow
https://web.poe.garena.com/account/view-profile/pray1995/characters
"
loveagents wrote:

Why poison gem?

I'm having loads of fun with the build but I just don't understand why poison. It's not giving me any dps. I don't have any source of poison only chaos damage. Hope you know what I mean.

With the poison support gem, Blast Rain poisons the target(s) when it hits.

With this build, Blast Rain does mainly chaos damage.

As you can read from poe wiki:

The Poison gem deals 10% of a hit's combined chaos and physical damage as chaos damage per second, and lasts 2 seconds by default. Separate applications of poison can stack.

Poison's damage is affected by the following stats:

Damage Over Time
Damage
Chaos Damage
Poison Damage

Furthermore, Poison "inherits" the damage type of the skill applying it. Stats affecting that skill's damage type will affect the poison damage as well. The following damage type stats also affect poison damage:

Projectile Damage if applied by a Projectile skill
Area Damage if applied by an Area skill
Trap Damage if applied by a Trap
Mine Damage if applied by a Mine
Totem Damage if applied by a Totem
Minion Damage if applied by a Minion

For example, if Poison is linked to a projectile skill that deals 1000 damage, then Poison deals 100 damage per second. If projectile damage is increased by 10%, then the projectile skill deals 1100 damage and the poison deals (110 * 1.1) = 121 damage per second. In this way, the poison damage "double dips" from changes in these stats.

Skill Effect Duration - Stats that modify skill effect duration will apply to the poison duration, even if the skill does not have the "Duration" gem tag

Blast Rain hits hard, and fast, allowing multiple stacks of poison to grow on a target. It's one of the best single target damage outputs you can achieve in the game at the moment when you get the right gear.

You don't see any increase in Blast Rain's tooltip because the support gem only allows it to apply the poison debuff on mobs. But trust me, there is no better choice than it for Blast Rain. You'll see a huge difference if you compare high hp boss fights with or without Poison.
"
pray1995 wrote:
please check my tree/ gears. any suggestion for improvement thanks!
ign fluffymeow
https://web.poe.garena.com/account/view-profile/pray1995/characters

Small improvements you can go for:

- 30% mov speed on boots, slightly more life and a better enchantment
- A leather belt is better than a rustic sash, since its implicit gives a free +40 life. Your belt's stats are good btw.
- Better enchantment on head. I'd suggest a Blast Rain one (damage or 50% extra blast)

Huge improvements you can go for:

- A better quiver which has at least 3 damage affixes, with higher WED + crit multi. I'm currently using this:

A similar thing should be a great upgrade for you.

- Better jewelry. You want to go for 2-3 damage mods rings (wed + flat lightning, and ideally critical strike) with some life and resistances, and a multi damage mod amulet (crit / crit multi / wed / flat lightning, at least 3 of these) don't be afraid to go for a no-life amulet, it's a very important damage slot in your gear). Your amulet is pretty bad, it's the first thing I'd consider to upgrade.

- Corrupted skill / support gems. You should follow this priority after you have 20/20 on all the gems you are using:

1. get two 21/20 Added Lightning Damage for both Blast Rain and Lightning Arrow
2. get a 21/0 (quality here only gives radius and doesnt affect your performance at all) Wrath
3. get a 20/23 Herald of Thunder
4. go for all the other gems (21/20 or 20/23, it depends on the gem)

As to your passive tree, I'd remove 2 points from mana leech in the Vitality Void / Spirit Void zone, I'd remove Beef and use 2 points to reach Master of the Arena (left of Bravery). Then you should go for Depth Perception, or grab the frenzy charges nodes. Or Phase Acrobatics for a more defensive powerhouse.

Last thing: Vessel of Vinktar is not optimal, a diamond flask is A LOT better.

The granite flask sucks too, since you took the Acrobatics keystone which halvens the value of Armour.

I'm currently using this flasks setup:

And I am playing Pathfinder, so flasks are a very important part of the playstyle.

Have fun!
Last edited by djnat on Apr 28, 2016, 4:43:28 PM
gem wise ill upgrade when i get the chance. because my server is almost dead compare to global .. lol
Quiver im waiting for perandus to end and my friend will sell me a GG 1...
my amulet i fail exalt cast speed n armour. i need the res so i cant change xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info