[2.1] Trap Poisonstorm - (Insane damage,Budget Atziri,all mapmods,100% Chaos Firestorm)[Uber Down]

"
vikroda wrote:
"
raigod wrote:
Going eldricht battery is way better cause you can run artic armour,temporal chains and also anger (only 1 point reservation without enlighten 4) very nice for dps.

If you reserve 99% of your mana, are you relying on spell dodge to avoid the 100% increased spell damage taken? How often do you run anger?

i run anger all the time, i use bino for trash and my dagger for bosses, double vaal are oneshotted and uber atziri too, only little problems are on trio but with vaal summon skeletons and vaal haste, if you fast kill the A'alai range, not big problem in run and throw traps for other two.. so 100% dodge spell from infernal mantle is not an issue for uber atziri map, maybe in other high level maps or party, but not for uber. For mapping maybe going blood magic keystone is the right solution.
Thanks, raigod.

"
Neurik wrote:
Any reason to consider going south by Master Sapper to grab Dirty Techniques (6 nodes for + 30 Dex, +70% Damage over Time, +20% Inc Skill Duration) vs going past life node circle to Potency of Will (7 nodes, +20 Str, Shaper, +10 int, +45% inc Skill duration)

With trap damage nodes (as well as chaos & aoe), you double dip on firestorm and poison, so the 14%+ nodes are worth taking. However, Dirty Techniques and other DoT nodes only augments your poison damage (though you do get a slightly longer firestorm with incr duration) so I think it's not worth taking.

Completely ignoring crit damage, the tree used by watch_me_qwer (which takes Master Sapper) has about 65% increased damage compared to the OP's crit tree variant (though my calculations could be off). Does the increased crit in the OP's tree compensate for that? Though given the high damage of this build, increasing damage probably wouldn't have many noticeable effects (especially if you are one-shotting bosses already).
"
Completely ignoring crit damage, the tree used by watch_me_qwer (which takes Master Sapper) has about 65% increased damage compared to the OP's crit tree variant (though my calculations could be off). Does the increased crit in the OP's tree compensate for that? Though given the high damage of this build, increasing damage probably wouldn't have many noticeable effects (especially if you are one-shotting bosses already).

Yes it does, in tooltip I have now +10k w level 19 firestorm with the crit tree/Bino, +11,5k w Doryani's. I also have some crit multi in my amulet and diamond ring. Crit chance 40% and 5,4k life.

I had around +8k with the non crit sapper variant. The reason that I'm going crit is that I haven't been able to 6l my mantle yet and I wanted to have enough dmg for Uber. It was more comfortable playing the sapper variant tho because the extra trap trigger radius.

I think if you use Controlled Destruction in a 6l mantle it's better to use sapper tree, but if you only have a 5l mantle to go crit. I expect to match the dmg when my gem is l20 although the dmg will not be as consistent due to the 40%.
You don't need over 9k dps with this build. A single trap with the wither totem kills most end game bosses. No boss will survive 4 traps with that tooltip dps.

I traded in almost all crit nodes for live nodes as my firestorm leveled up (currently level 19).
I have plenty life (have 5,4k)- what I am getting the dmg for is the trio fight. Uber herself will stand still so you can drop all 4 traps at her feet but the trio and trash is another deal.

Even when I was wearing a lightning coil and running purity with my CA char the snakes hit damn hard and now I'm wearing a robe w no defences, so the quicker everything is dead, the better. Am not perfect at dodging..! :)
Thanks to all who have developed the build. I am currently playing it in talisman, just hit level 66.

Spoiler
Hello all you people!

At first i did not believe what you were saying about the double-applying MORE multipliers, because why on earth would poison scale with aoe damage or trap damage? And as the tester and theorycrafter i am´, i threw a character together with some gear and tested.

Lvl 65 with 4l in deerstalkers and lvl 16 firestorm, WITHOUT binos i managed to do atziri.

Never seen a buil with more single target damage than this. Just plain ridicilous.
I think this has to be nerfed, becasue it is simply way to much damage for the little investment you have to make...

Here's the gear i did Atziri with on lvl 65

Spoiler

Got some sweet loot

Spoiler
"

At first i did not believe what you were saying about the double-applying MORE multipliers, because why on earth would poison scale with aoe damage or trap damage? And as the tester and theorycrafter i am´, i threw a character together with some gear and tested.

Lvl 65 with 4l in deerstalkers and lvl 16 firestorm, WITHOUT binos i managed to do atziri.

Never seen a buil with more single target damage than this. Just plain ridicilous.
I think this has to be nerfed, becasue it is simply way to much damage for the little investment you have to make...

Why does everything need to be nerfed? This build has zero defences, that's a massive downside. Not great at clearing or parties. And what does 'little investment' mean? Currency investment? Time investment? Why does everything have to be an expensive, boring time consuming slog?

I am personally tired of nerfs and wouldn't like to see this build decimated as it often is the result when GGG nerfs something.

Last edited by RunPuppet on Jan 13, 2016, 2:27:33 PM
"
RunPuppet wrote:

Why does everything need to be nerfed? This build has zero defences, that's a massive downside. Not great clearing or parties. And what does 'little investment' mean? Currency investment? Time investment? Why does everything have to be an expensive, boring time consuming slog?

I am personally tired of nerfs and wouldn't like to see this build decimated as it often is the result when GGG nerfs something.

+1
First of all great build. I will try this on standart i got bino's and a 6L mantle. Just a quick question. At what level did you manage to kill uber? And in which order will i give the passive skill points through leveling? Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info