Q&A with the Developers!

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to do another Q&A, they are rather informative on the thought processes GGG make and are entertaining in general.

When are you going to show us more ascendancy classes? As a manic theory crafter, this knowledge will help everyone plan ahead of the new patch.

Any plans for Exalted Orbs? The price of them are getting ludicrous lately,most likely influenced by master crafting. I know GGG take a laid back approach for market prices, but for the average player i feel this is getting really out of hand.

Speaking of master crafting, any news on potential new masters or possibilities of increasing the cap of max masters allowed in hideouts?

Thanks for reading, keep up the good work, its highly appreciated!

Last edited by Riandro on Dec 28, 2015, 8:50:25 PM
Ascendancy related:

Could you tease us about remaining ascendancy class types? I mean saboteur is for trap, necromancer is summoner mostly etc. I especially interested in totem related class, this type exist in planned classes?
1. Besides the Labyrinth in Ascendancy expansion, do you have plans to expand on endgame content in other ways - such as new tier of ubers, raid dungeons, etc?

2. Are you still working on Lockstep performance? It's still quite jerky at times, such as in towns and heavy action on screen.

3. Please say something about the improvements to trading system. People thought it would come soon after 2.0, but no signs yet.
We have a lot of different skill MTX and a lot of them look great.
However, I know that a lot of bow skills are lacking MTX, and I remember there was a reason for it but cannot remember what the reason was.

Any word on more bow skill MTX in the future? I would love some skill MTX for EA, TS, or Burning Arrow.
ASCENDANCY QUESTION: Will I be able to enchant corrupted gloves/helm/boots in ascendancy? Will the Enchantments of Ascendancy override the implicits obtainable through corruption or can itens have both?

FUTURE QUESTION:
Do you have plans of introducing a new rarity tier to gear? (where the affixes are random but powerful/game-changing, or will those remain restricted to implicits of talismans/ corruption/ Enchantments)
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Dec 28, 2015, 9:00:48 PM
I have two questions:

1. Does GGG plan to reword skills and items whose mechanics are unclear from the current wording? One example of this would be Bino's Kitchen Knife and its "Nearby enemies / allies" mods. What is "Nearby"? What's the radius? Could we get a visual indicator? Things like that.

2. Will auras and / or curses supported by Blasphemy be given a visual indicator to provide feedback to players about proper positioning? Like a thin, coloured circle (perhaps one that is custom-made for each aura / curse)?
Last edited by Zephymos on Dec 28, 2015, 8:55:52 PM
Are there any plans to implement new combat mechanics such as floating combat text or a death recount to see what actually killed you?
What are your plans to balance monster damage in ascendancy when some ascendancy classes will have crazy defensive boosts? It seems to make things even be able to dent those classes they will have to oneshot everything else....
GGG still has not updated the official weapons page at http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/weapon, and you guys replied to my post on the last Q&A saying you would fix it. When will that be happening?

To quote the thread at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409553:

"Will you guys be updating this official site's Item Data web page at all? Currently there are many inaccuracies on it such as a level 60 Dunes map and no mention of jewels, but also several of those sub pages like the Weapons list are not up to date at all despite you guys adding the Maraketh weapons. A Rusted Hatchet in game does not need character level 2 to equip for example. Yes, the wiki does exist and it's usually updated pretty fast, but it seems rather odd that the official site of all places does not have updated information."

"Yes, this does need updating, thanks for mentioning it. We have some vague plans to generate a lot of data automatically for this page, but we haven't yet allocated resources towards this."

That post is dated August 27, 2015. It has been four months since you guys said you'd fix it. Could you please have it done before the end of this league?
Guild/API/Trade

Guild : How long until custom ranks and permissions will be added, as well as things like a guild stash log (something similar to WoWs)?

API : Is there an ETA on when that will be completed?

Trade : Future plans?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info