[2.2] Crit Freezing Pulser Elementalist - Perandus HC / 83k GMP Pulse

Ty so much for update :)
I want try delete Beacon of Ruin and take Liege of the Primordial, for more crits and dmg bonus from ice golem, in Asc. tree.
Hope, I can survive that :D
Last edited by JuldaFulda on Mar 16, 2016, 5:30:06 AM
"
JuldaFulda wrote:
Ty so much for update :)
I want try delete Beacon of Ruin and take Liege of the Primordial, for more crits and dmg bonus from ice golem, in Asc. tree.
Hope, I can survive that :D

No problems, it propably isn't final update, I'm currently at work and had some time to quickly write something.
I got PoE on laptop here, which I propably shouldn't have, but I regretted that Beacon of Ruin right after I updated the topic and took the Liege -golem node. I just can't yet try it out, because this laptop is so bad, I get 10 fps in my hideout with lego graphics.. Later today.
Hey Juhazz I'm a fairly new player and I saw this build and it looks like a lot of fun so I'm trying to build something like it. I have a few questions though.

First, what exactly am I looking for in a weapon, and does the base physical or added elemental damage add anything to this build (specifically added cold damage)? This is the weapon I'm using currently.

Second, when leveling is it worth going for jewel slots? And is something like this good at level ~50?

Finally, as I'm new and not rich I only have access to a 4L right now so I was wondering what support gems should be cut first and second (respectively). Or bascially what support gems are the least effective? I've cut the cold penetration and increased criticals currently, am I making a huge mistake here?

Anyway thanks for you help. If you have the time here is my gear and build and any extra tips would be much appreciated.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAALjAx4EswVCBx4HpQj0DkgRLREvEZYfQSL0KgsrCiycMtFBlkVHSVFJslcrXfJknWjyaxdsC20ZcFJ8g3_GghCCm4_6kyeVLpo7ogCus7zqvYLAVMBm0PXVpt-K37Dhc-kC6-7r9e088B_w1fId_rM=?accountName=Fexxus&characterName=Fexygirl
Spoiler
"
Fexxus wrote:
Hey Juhazz I'm a fairly new player and I saw this build and it looks like a lot of fun so I'm trying to build something like it. I have a few questions though.

First, what exactly am I looking for in a weapon, and does the base physical or added elemental damage add anything to this build (specifically added cold damage)? This is the weapon I'm using currently.

Second, when leveling is it worth going for jewel slots? And is something like this good at level ~50?

Finally, as I'm new and not rich I only have access to a 4L right now so I was wondering what support gems should be cut first and second (respectively). Or bascially what support gems are the least effective? I've cut the cold penetration and increased criticals currently, am I making a huge mistake here?

Anyway thanks for you help. If you have the time here is my gear and build and any extra tips would be much appreciated.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAALjAx4EswVCBx4HpQj0DkgRLREvEZYfQSL0KgsrCiycMtFBlkVHSVFJslcrXfJknWjyaxdsC20ZcFJ8g3_GghCCm4_6kyeVLpo7ogCus7zqvYLAVMBm0PXVpt-K37Dhc-kC6-7r9e088B_w1fId_rM=?accountName=Fexxus&characterName=Fexygirl

Hello hello ! Well lets start from the weapon. This is a spellcaster build, which will not gain anything from Adds xx-xx damage in weapons, rings, amulet and wherever something like that can spawn as a mod.
Those mods are only working for, let's say a build that requires accuracy, which we here call Attack Based build. In example Reave, Cyclone or any bow build, Lightning Arrow, Split arrow, but lets not go too deep in that.

In Dagger, wand, staff and sceptre based weapons nowdays you can have the "adds xx-xx damage to spells", and that will work for the spell you are using, in this case Freezing Pulse.

But for the dagger you want Spell critical strike chance, spell damage and possibly this what I mentioned above, "adds xx-xx damage to spells".

Critical strike chance in this game works a bit differently if you're coming from some other ARPG game. Here's the PoE wikipedia link for how it works http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Critical_Strike, but I can explain roughly how it works in this game.

Lets explain the dagger you linked first.

Your dagger has 2 types of critical strike chance and I will try to explain it as good as I possibly can.

80% Increased GLOBAL critical strike chance
25% Critical Strike chance

Global critical strike chance means, that whatever damaging skills you use on your character, they will have 80% increased critical strike chance and you can see it's placement on the weapon, it's what we call "weapon's base implict modifier", which means, all of these base type will have this same modifier, in your case, Copper Kris, 80% global critical strike chance. If it was some other basetype like Fiend Dagger, it would have 60%.
This will give our Freezing Pulse, which had that 6% critical strike chance base, a boost of 80%. If you press C and check offensive stats for Freezing Pulse, you should notice a boost of 4.8% in overall critical strike chance.

So, roughly said, by global critical strike chance, we are boosting the base value of the spell by the given number.

If you use Increased Critical Strikes gem, it gives a boost to that base value, which at level 20 on the gem is 1.9%. Then our Freezing Pulse base becomes 7.9% and this dagger would give us that 80% increased for that 7.9% instead of 6%. That is a huge difference on late levels.

Then there is the 25% increased critical strike chance, this means, that the weapon's own base critical strike chance is increased by that amount. Copper Kris has base critical strike chance 7% and it only affects you, if you are using one of these attack based builds that I mentioned earlier in this message. This does not affect Freezing Pulse at all as we do not use that weapon to damage enemies, we just use it to "give us boost to our stats".

You should really look for that Bitterdream sceptre when you level your character, it will take you easily to merciless and further.

Cold Penetration is, if not the biggest damageboost, atleast one of them for this build. Say you have an enemy with 75% cold resistance and let's say we hit it for 1000 damage for the sake of round numbers. And lets say our Cold penetration penetrates 30% of enemy resistances.

Without cold penetration enemy takes 250 damage. 750 is taken out by resistance.
With cold penetration enemy takes 550 damage. 450 is taken out by resistance.

So 30% cold penetrated with those resistances you will do double the damage. You don't see that on tooltip because the gem itself only gives you the cold penetration.

What comes for the jewelslots.. The are always worth if it takes only 2 points to get them, but I suggest you take them as you require them. Manaregen and things like that can help a lot on lower levels.

And again, get the Bitterdream sceptre, it costs absolutely nothing and forget the 4L Freezing Pulse and look for 5 link a lot later in the game. I should explain that aswell, but I'm a bit too drunk for that right now and can't really focus on what I'm typing. :p Another try tomorrow at it.

Hope I can be of help and anyone here if you don't mind helping new people out, would be awesome.
Last edited by Juhazzz on Mar 19, 2016, 5:23:34 AM
Thanks so much for your help. I picked up a bitterdream and it seems to help immensely.

A couple additional questions though. Why the two assassin's mark? Do they stack or is it just to be able to apply the curse at range? Also, what does the build look like in actual gameplay. Is it something like keep up molten shell, debuff with frost bomb, then go HAM with pulse?

Thanks again for all your help.
"
Fexxus wrote:
Thanks so much for your help. I picked up a bitterdream and it seems to help immensely.

A couple additional questions though. Why the two assassin's mark? Do they stack or is it just to be able to apply the curse at range? Also, what does the build look like in actual gameplay. Is it something like keep up molten shell, debuff with frost bomb, then go HAM with pulse?

Thanks again for all your help.

No problems. Just at some point you want to swap out Bitterdream for a dagger and "proper" 5L, where you can have the, should I call them proper gems aswell. But that's not until you can manage the 5L manacost with another weapon. There's Reduced mana and manaleech in Bitterdream, so you can feel losing them when you switch to a 5L dagger setup, have to gear for manaregen and invest in it from the tree aswell.

Molten Shell is totally not needed, I just put it there to level it up with Vitality, there's really no use for it :P Vitality was good for the labyrinth.

That double assassin's mark is just to make sure there's power charges coming all the time. On the other hand, I started using Warlord's Mark in the curse on hit links, grants some life leech and manaleech from offscreen and gives those endurance charges aswell.

Frost Bomb is very good on the earlier stages vs monsters with higher elemental resistances and bosses.
And for map bosses I'm certain it comes very handy, then you should use Increased Duration there instead of Less Duration. It just does so much damage with the explosion, that it's enough to 1 shot magic packs in Dried Lake, that's why I use Less Duration in the links.
But for map bosses, having more duration on it to keep the bosses resistances -20% for cold surely comes handy.

There's the video section from 2.1 and this Ascendancy is no different from that, other than I have +20k dps currently, while being 10 levels lower :P
Last edited by Juhazzz on Mar 21, 2016, 7:09:00 AM
Hey OP gratz for the build looks really fun i'm just curious about what MF gear should we use for lake runs only,can you give some info about that please?

Thanks.
Last edited by alansx on Mar 21, 2016, 12:43:49 PM
"
alansx wrote:
Hey OP gratz for the build looks really fun i'm just curious about what MF gear should we use for lake runs only,can you give some info about that please?

Thanks.

Hello hello and thanks !

Well, currently in Ascendancy I don't have any mf gear on me, other than the second ring has 20'ish iir, but that's all..
Last league I had it in almost every slot possible, rares all around, but shield was Wheel of the Stormsail and Goldwyrm boots for quantity, oh Aurseize gloves aswell. That's a lot of dps lost on the gloves, shield and if using the iir gem aswell, but once enough dps, it doesn't really matter, it will be extremely smooth lake'ing.
Rest slots just rares with high rarity on them, I was also using IIR gem in the links and ended up having 309% rarity overall, 350 something with Divination Distillate flask.
I uploaded a very bad video of a very bad T9 map few days ago, just to show it can actually map aswell. But I don't have any other maps, got a cheap deal of those crappy Underground Rivers and thought to make a video of it..
I will buy some better map today and record a video of it instead, but that will be later when I get home from work.

Also added a few IIR items that can be used in Dried Lake, dps without spell shield / Maligaro's gloves is now what it was in Talisman with full dps gear lol.
I almost wanted to make a guide for my own freezing pulse elementalist, glad to see someone already done that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info